News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

the_rich

If they want more people at Animal Kingdom I hope they give people more transportation options to get to Animal Kingdom. The bus thing really holds them back.
How? Only three resorts use the monorail to mk and Epcot. Then you have a few that also use boats and a few that have the gondolas. The majority of onsite guests use the buses to all 4 parks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't sweat it, you still have thousands of Skyliner credits left!

;)

Interesting that Disney itself made the application. Probably part of the RCID contract stipulations signing over these types of duties to Disney rather than rely on the reformed District.

Yeah, I was definitely looking for the switch in who was filing but didn't routinely check if it was coming from Disney.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hey everyone, my name is Teddy, I use any pronouns, and I’m from Richmond, Virginia 💜 This is my first post on this site so I wanted to introduce myself

I’ve read a few of the more recent messages, and I definitely do not think Encanto will be wasted on a show. I don’t see why they’d spend so much time, labor, and money just for something that would be “testing the waters.” I feel like they’ve already done that enough with the Mirabel meet and greets and merch sales, and even if they were to test it with a show, they would’ve done a cheap temporary show already in the vein of the Frozen sing-a-long. It’s definitely gonna be either a trackless dark ride or a boat ride, especially if they want something that eats up capacity

I would agree with this. Disney has gone all-in on more questionable things. I don't see a need to "test the waters". AK is also already a little show heavy.

BrianLo

I am moderately surprised AK goes before DHS and MK. I didn't hear much about this until fairly recently. I'm very confident in the MK expansion, but now less so about DHS. Just because I don't think they can do 3 big projects in Florida simultaneously.

Why not? It seems mostly limited by desire rather than capability in the past. We have a lot of creatives and construction crews that are going to or are looking for work In the central Florida area… or some who’ve found new work…

I think they (WDW and leadership) are desperate to get things going, hence this weird jostling of projects. It’s all come down to which ones could organize fastest.

Now I somewhat doubt there is desire to open three major projects during the same marketing year, but there’s plenty of room for three in the 2026-2030 window. That would necessitate three overlapping projects and possibly even three overlapping construction periods.

Timeline wise I think people are confusing the order of things. I very much believe Indy and the restaurantosaurus makeover could be fast tracked for 2026, these are flips. Encanto 2027. This is a project I’d be surprised if it was fully together in such a short window from a planning phase.

Leaving DHS 2028 and MK, which is probably the biggest logistical project, for end of decade.

I’m pleasantly surprised there seems to be movement in 2024 though, it really seems like the project that managed to get itself together first won out.

ToTBellHop

Hey everyone, my name is Teddy, I use any pronouns, and I’m from Richmond, Virginia 💜 This is my first post on this site so I wanted to introduce myself

I’ve read a few of the more recent messages, and I definitely do not think Encanto will be wasted on a show. I don’t see why they’d spend so much time, labor, and money just for something that would be “testing the waters.” I feel like they’ve already done that enough with the Mirabel meet and greets and merch sales, and even if they were to test it with a show, they would’ve done a cheap temporary show already in the vein of the Frozen sing-a-long. It’s definitely gonna be either a trackless dark ride or a boat ride, especially if they want something that eats up capacity
Welcome.

And, no, they won’t be tossing in a show (next to Nemo, no less) and calling it a day. People kept laughing at my posts saying DAK expansion was imminent yet here we are. There will be quite a few projects announced soon.

doctornick

You joke, but DAK will be the far easiest to add capacity and add draws between the four existing parks.

Dinoland was the only area that needed attention.

Afterwards, they have several opportunities for easy expansion with minimal overhead/retrofits.
That’s cool. Do those things first then.

tanc

Retheming Dinosaur would be a massive mistake. I wouldn't mind if it were reverted to Countdown to extinction or whatever. I love the uniqueness of Dinosaur, and it's not like dinosaur fossils aren't in South America. So tired of the IP push at this point.

monothingie

I'm both Crunchy and Delicious!
Premium Member
Don't forget Emperor's New Groove!!
Anything to get Kronk and Yzma in the park! The ride practically develops itself based on the source material.
Report Lab GIF

PREMiERdrum

FWIW, back-of-the-napkin math...

From The Boneyard thru Chester and Hester's, the old PW site, and the backstage facilities to Savanna Circle (but not the marina) gives up around 8 acres. Not including the existing Restaurantosaurus or Dinosaur's trail, courtyard, Dino Institute, and show building. All that together creates about a 14 acre site

All of Fantasyland and Storybook Circus at MK is about 18 acres, including showbuildings.

This AK plot gives them a ton of workable space.

Rosso11

Not necessarily. Pandora was very much a Designed in California project. If they’re looking to have more design work done together in Florida then that would explain the bigger trailer complex despite being a smaller scale project.
Yes this AK project is being led by Florida. So is the MK project.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Welcome.

And, no, they won’t be tossing in a show (next to Nemo, no less) and calling it a day. People kept laughing at my posts saying DAK expansion was imminent yet here we are. There will be quite a few projects announced soon.
By soon do you mean before, after or at d23?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom