RnRc Retheme?

osian

*Former* Paramount Parks Did it!
View attachment 756430

Incase your curious.. Here's the original 1996 preshow that went with the attraction..

Yep, I love the Flight of Fear coasters, the theming was amazinbg and really made you nervous even if you normally aren't! Although the Kings Island one is trimmed too heavily on the block brake. The outdoor ones (Jokers Jinx, Poltergeist, Mad Cobra) don't have that brake and fly straight through.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

If they are staying with music for the theme, it should be Queen.

If they go with an IP, then they have plenty of properties to choose from, including those from their Fox acquisition.

'Rocketeer' would make a great Disney+ series, and has a cult following (like TRON). It could work.
Queen? Would it be a time travel theme to transport you to a show in 1986 or a Haunted Mansion theme where the ghost of Freddie is summoned for one last performance?

Whats the latest on the ride being fixed. im attending in july and this is 1 of the rides i was looking forward to the most. Are there any better timelines other than "the summer"

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

Somewhere at Disney there is a spreadsheet that has a scenario displaying merchandise revenue from a Taylor Swift retheme...

Can you imagine the LL/merchandise revenue?!
It would be an insane revenue stream. If it was randomized with songs from each of her eras? Exclusive merchandise? I can already see the $$$$$$ flowing in.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Somewhere at Disney there is a spreadsheet that has a scenario displaying merchandise revenue from a Taylor Swift retheme...

Can you imagine the LL/merchandise revenue?!

I think RNRC: Taylor's Version would be a crazy moneymaker.

Would probably finance a good amount of E-tickets alone lol

It would be an insane revenue stream. If it was randomized with songs from each of her eras? Exclusive merchandise? I can already see the $$$$$$ flowing in.

Let me tell you all.

I do not like roller coasters. I do not use Lightning Lane.

But I would empty my bank account for this 💅🏻💁🏼‍♀️

MagicHappens1971

Let me tell you all.

I do not like roller coasters. I do not use Lightning Lane.

But I would empty my bank account for this 💅🏻💁🏼‍♀️
Take my money Disney! Please!

All joking aside, even if Disney was interested, I'm sure that Taylor would have specific requests for how this was executed and she'd probably want something less tacky than RnRC as is.
IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

Brer Panther

What are the odds that they can't think of anything to retheme it to, so they just tear out the whole ride? I'm not saying they SHOULD do that, but WOULD Iger's Disney do that?

J4546

What are the odds that they can't think of anything to retheme it to, so they just tear out the whole ride? I'm not saying they SHOULD do that, but WOULD Iger's Disney do that?
im curious as well, the ride is like 30ish years old right, and all coasters have a lifespan.... If they used the RNRC plot along with animation courtyard and lightning mcqueen area for something spectacular i wouldnt mind

TrainsOfDisney

im curious as well, the ride is like 30ish years old right, and all coasters have a lifespan.... If they used the RNRC plot along with animation courtyard and lightning mcqueen area for something spectacular i wouldnt mind
25 years old - just a baby compared to space mountain and big thunder!

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I highly doubt that the reason they would opt to tear down RnRC would be, "we couldn't think of a retheme." It's more likely something along the lines of, "the feasible options for a retheme were less appealing to the company than a different attraction."

If they want to go cheap and keep the music premise then its easy to swap Aerosmith with any band or artist. My thought process is that they would NOT want to go that route purely because licensing a musician's or band's likeness is more effort and less brand synergy than retheming it to an existing Disney IP. Not saying that's what I would prefer, but that seems more in line with the company's mindset nowadays. That's why the Electric Mayhem rumors seemed so convincing to me, it's an intersection of the music premise with a brand Disney wants to promote.

Give me pretty much any pre-existing Disney IP and an afternoon and I (or probably anyone in WDI for that matter) could come up with a half-decent pitch for an RnRC retheme. A coaster in a big black box is a versatile thing.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Give me pretty much any pre-existing Disney IP and an afternoon and I (or probably anyone in WDI for that matter) could come up with a half-decent pitch for an RnRC retheme. A coaster in a big black box is a versatile thing.
This is pretty much why Guardians ended up being pitched to go to RnRC before Paris sent that idea off the deep end, iirc.

Incomudro

I think that works because the coaster is right there in the open. The family, including the kids, can see that it’s a big, fast, looping coaster. RnRC is in a show building and guests don’t necessarily know that it’s a big thrilling ride.
You enter the area walking under a segment of track with the coaster mounted upside down.
It's quite obvious the ride is radical by Disney standards.
Add to that, the Rock and Roll element, and one would have to be pretty clueless not to have a good idea of the intensity of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom