One Sentence Competition: Pitching Elevators - The Game Begins!

JokersWild

I had no real intentions of participating in this, but it’s a great excuse to pitch the castle park I’ve been (slowly) mapping out.

1. Main Street USA
1706837426397.jpeg

Main Street USA takes a slightly more modern slant, taking the theme of the densely packed neighborhoods of New York City at the turn of the 20th century. The opulent gilded age architecture of Main Streets past is replaced by brick buildings adorned with painted billboards and simpler more realistic storefronts. While Main Street features no attractions, it does serve as the park’s shopping and dining hub with locations such as The Emporium Department Store and the Front Street Deli. Just off of Main Street is the more traditionally indicative Main Street Steeplechase Park, featuring the area’s only attraction - a steeplechase coaster. Past Main Street stand’s The Castle of Dreams - the park’s icon, inspired by the characters and architecture of a variety of Disney animated features.

2. Fantasyland
1706839898019.jpeg

Walk the streets of Portobello Road or venture into the dense forests beyond the castle walls in this new take on Fantasyland which prioritizes immersion and exploration.

3. Adventureland
1706839700488.jpeg

Themed to the Pacific Islands and Southeast Asia, Adventureland features a number of unique experiences featuring Moana and Disneyland’s famous tiki birds in a new and exciting way.

4. Frontierland
1706840153757.jpeg

Set in the Ohio River Valley in the very early 1800s, this Frontierland focuses on the myths and legends of colonial America like Johnny Appleseed and Sleepy Hollow.

4a - Stormalong Sound
Premium AI Image | A painting of a village with a boat in the water

The park’s liberty square analogue, journey to a quaint fishing village and embark on a perilous voyage through the tale of a cursed whaler and his sorry crew, or board the colonial-era sloop The Albatross for a quaint journey around the Rivers of America.

5. Tomorrowland
1706840589638.jpeg

Prepare for pulse-pounding adventure and otherworldly romance in this Tomorrowland inspired by pulp novels and serials from the 1930s.

AceAstro

Mountainous Avenue
1706835168840.png

Growing up in Western Canada, my favourite place to visit was the mountains, and the small towns in the area (like the one above, who has less than 10,000 people living there with most of the people in town being tourists). This new snow-heavy main street is complete with shops of the theme on either side selling hot chocolate, snow gear (toques, mitts, boots, etc.). The end of the street features a large mountain weenie taken straight from the Rocky Mountains. As part of the Rocky Mountain façade, a large Elsa's castle is built, complete with a princess ice-themed meet and greet dining option.

Bonus: Fantasyland
1706842922678.png

Located behind the mountain, a mountain village themed fantasyland is located complete with a ski gondola (skyliner) to traverse the mountain.

Bonus: Frontierland - The Gold Rush
1706843552677.png

To match other Frontierland's, this one is themed similar based on the Gold Rush, the Alaskan gold rush with attractions based on gold panning through the mountain range.

BONUS: Tomorrowland
1706844302606.png

Tomorrowland takes the mountain range and turns it into a large mountain top airfield, complete with modernized blimps, large fighter planes, and more futuristic aircraft to turn the world of tomorrow, into transportation of today for the park.​

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Embarcadero Street
1706848188448.png
Under the cheerful shades of cherry blossom and redwood trees is the San Francisco-esque Victorian Embarcadero Street, which serves as the introductory "Main Street" to a Disneyland/DisneySea hybrid theme park. Set in the nostalgic late 19th century America, Embarcadero Street is a collective idealization of a more romantic far-west San Francisco, from the fresh Painted Ladies-style houses, and fully functioning red cable trollies, to a small Embarcadero Pier (viewing area for nighttime shows) looking over Steamboat Bay, a Mickey-shaped lake with two bridges running along the ears, which branch towards Fantasyland on the right and Tomorrowland on the left. The trollies are one of three subtle attractions, the other two being a boat transport that goes to and from the bay, and a theater showcasing a new, updated version of Golden Dreams, a show that highlights the history of California, without avoiding its harsher stories, set in an opera house. While you'll be able to see Mickey and Minnie in their full Victorian 19th-century apparel, you'll also be able to see a performance of the Newspaper Boys, a ragtag group of young men who sing and dance, while running around with newspapers featuring world events of the time, similar to the entertainment found in DCA. For food, you can find a small shoppe the Tea Room, and other small restaurants, but the highlight: is the signature Kavanaugh Cafe, a ballroom-style restaurant featuring a variety of seafood, lobster sandwiches, salads, and kinds of pasta of the era, which rounds up the area as Main Street- with a by-the-bay twist.

BONUS #1: My Fantasyland
Mermaid Lagoon (Tokyo DisneySea) | Rick Vink | Flickr

After crossing the right bridge at Steamboat Bay, you'll step right through Ariel's Seaside Palace into a full-fledged Atlantis-themed Fantasyland, featuring a "risen-from-the-water" Greek city with romantic touches, a great log flume ride, four dark rides (there are two-sublands of Moana and Peter Pan), and a wide variety of flat rides that give the Atalantis-Fantasyland the seaside twist it needs.

BONUS #2: My Adventureland/Frontierland
1706848274172.png

While Adventureland features its jungle river land, Frontierland is the highlight for the west side of the park with Discovery Bay, a more industrial S.E.A. San-Francisco land that branches off far right from Embarcadero street, chock-full with the never-seen experiences in the original Discovery Bay concept for Disneyland.

BONUS #3: My Tomorrowland
Solarpunk Futurism Seems Optimistic and Whimsical. But Not Really. |  American Enterprise Institute - AEI

Jumping into a balance of tomorrow with the ocean is a Tomorrowland now dedicated to being in tune with Earth, and more importantly, the seas, with a futuristic city both aboveground and underwater.

Last edited:
Kingdom Hearts... Again.

Sorry for phoning this one in but migraine got in the way of actually thinking so I'm continuing my theme from last round. Traverse Town themed Main Street. Bonuses of Fantasyland based around Hollow Bastion, Adventureland themed around Destiny Island and Tomorrowland has to include a Gummy Ship ride to round it out.

Great comp @Pi on my Cake! Wish I could of given the finale my all but alas.

Suchomimus

Emerald Coast
3ebc359a7d84e697cd90676ceee8e244.jpg
Step into an idyllic beachfront town on the Florida panhandle, inspired by many towns along the Gulf Coast such as Pensacola and Destin. With 1950s inspired architecture and automobiles, Sunshine Shores offers the perfect place for many shops and restaurants from a bygone era, including the Milk Bar; a milkshake restaurant with the entrance modeled after the old Pensacola Dairy Company building, and the Old Fire-House; a barbecue restaurant inspired by the actual Pensacola 1927 Firehouse which had been repurposed as a drive-in restaurant. At the end of the Main Street sits Prince Eric's castle from the 1989 The Little Mermaid film and the island plaza between them, with white sandy beaches and water that sparkles like an emerald.
Ariels-Adventure_Full_13918.jpg
This Fantasyland naturally has a boat ride based on The Little Mermaid as well as Scuttle's Scooters and an aerial carousel with Sebastian and the fishes performing undersea songs, but as well has a storybook village, an enchanted ride to Prince Charming's Ball, a wild ride with Mr. Toad, a trip down the rabbit hole with Alice, a kingdom and her two sisters, and a trip around the Hundred Acre Woods with Winnie the Pooh and you too.
Bonus: Adventureland
86065c3862725.593aca521e54f.jpg
Set among the valley floor of a steamy jungle is our Adventureland, brave adventurers can expect a cruise through the jungle's river, the bear necessities, a tropical serenade, and a fiery mountain.
Bonus: Discoveryland
discoverybay1.jpg
Inspired by a future that was once imagined and often romanticized, Discoveryland is a steampunk world of zeppelins soarin' over the world, rockets that go from the Earth to the Moon, a time machine, and a voyage 20k leagues under the sea.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thank you all for bearing with me till the bear end!

Reviews have never been my strongest talent when it comes to hosting (or my favorite part if I'm fully honest lol), and its especially tough in a game like this where I'm not even reviewing projects but simply pitches. Plus, I always tried to focus on making prompts that would be interesting and fun creative challenges rather than taking into account what would be easier for me to judge. How does one properly judge/review 20 bathrooms? Especially difficult with the incredible turn out this season with most scenes having more players than I was expecting to have in the entire season! Going by just number of players, this is tied for the second most popular Episode of the One Sentence Competition EVER

This round was themed to nostalgia and it was meant to give you, the players, the chance to create a pitch that is more personal than usual based on your own history/interests. Which makes it especially tough to judge in any kind of objective way, not that reviews are ever objective. Reviews are inherently subjective. I'm just some guy on the internet and my only qualifications are that I've played this game before and I volunteered to do it, I'm not actually Joe Disney (or am I). As much as I try to not ever base the results on nitpicks, pet peeves, personal favorite themed, and my own ideas things like that are bound to happen since I'm only human. And those inherent biases are bound to seem more noticeable given the nature of this prompt but all I do my best to avoid it.

All that to say, thank you for being patient with me throughout the season. And thank you for making my job extra difficult by showing up in huge numbers with consistently amazing pitches. I hope I've been able to help you grow creatively a bit and maybe threw out some helpful feedback here or there.

And more than anything,
I hope ya'll have had as much fun as I have!

1706417767861-png.765457

For one last time... Let's see what Joe Disney thinks!
Comes as partially no coincidence that this would come at around the same time I'm ironing out the final lineup for a blue sky castle park myself, so it's the perfect opportunity to give you all a taste of what I've been spending more than a year developing. Be on the lookout for a fuller writeup on this park soon...

Imagine stepping back in time to Chicago or New York of the roaring 1920s, or perhaps into the reels of Hello, Dolly! That’s what walking down Grand Avenue feels like. In this Jazz Age town, you can hitch a ride on the El Train (short for the Elevated Electric Railway), see a swinging Broadway show at the Liberty Theater, catch a short film at the Movie House, and learn about The Walt Disney Story at the Exhibition Hall. The dazzling Cinderella’s Enchanted Castle awaits at the end of the street, a gateway into the next land worth mentioning...

Fantasyland, the happiest kingdom of them all, is where you can rub shoulders with a wide cast of your favorite Disney characters as you stroll through a charming Storybook Village, hike through an Enchanted Forest, and get yourself lost in a topsy-turvy Wonderland.

The main setting of Frontierland is the western town of Thunder Mesa, where guests can go on a Western River Expedition or take a wild ride in an ore cart over, under, and through Iron Mountain.

There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day, they say, and Tomorrowland is the city of a eco-friendly, technological tomorrow.
Always love seeing people's dream parks! Tag me when you start posting the full write up!

Roaring 20s Main Street with a hefty bit of musical influences? Love that! The still very dated/idealistically historical vibe feels classically Main Street, but the focus on a big city shifts the tone enough to create something wholly new while still feeling familiar! For a really small game like this, going bigger with your changes to the formula might help it stand out more, but for an actual park (or for your personal dream park) this is pretty perfect. A great balance between new and old styles. Still mad the Main Street Theater was cut IRL, a theater for broadway style shows (with a high capacity) is a great way to round out a park's Main Street without overwhelming it with crowds that could clog up the exit.

+3 Bonus - All very solid updates on the land formulas that I look forward to learning more about in the future! Especially Iron Mountain. I'm intrigued!
Main Street
View attachment 765484

This new castle park will be home to the most unique Main Street out of all the park Steampunk City, a city where we are in a different kind of American town. The city is built with all metal and has large cylinders of glass on top of the buildings providing great natural inside of the stores, on the roof of the emporium is the penny arcade where you can play some retro games as you look over the land, the train actually goes through the land and goes right in front of the castle, other transportation systems also are here with the trolleys and the steampunk mobiles, to the left of the land is a show about the world of gangsters in this kid friendly/comedy show, to the right is a movie theater which shows you different Disney movies and how they are made. Steampunk City brings a new twist to the Main Street concept, where once stood a land of just shops and a train now brings a land of shops, trains, trolleys, gangsters, arcades of top of roofs, movie making, which all give way to Celestial Palace, the castle of the park.

Bonus:

Fantasyland
View attachment 765481

We step into a world of wonder where we can go on a carpet ride in agrabah, ride Peter Pan and meet Merry Poppins in England, dance with belle and ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in enchanted forest, and follow Winnie the Pooh in the hundred acre wood (Those were sub sections of the land).

Frontierland
View attachment 765482
This version of Frontierland doesn’t take us through the Bryce canyons of Utah but the Appalachian mountains in Tennessee, we can ride of a river raft through the rivers of the mountain, take a mine train through the mountains, and listen to country animals play country music.

Epcot
View attachment 765483
Epcot is the newest version of Tomorrowland, we can ride the peoplemover through the city, walk through an exhibition hall showcasing the cities history, take a gentle ride through the city, and go on a coaster through the stars on the original space mountain showing Walt Disneys love for exploring the stars.
Oooooo Steampunk Main Street was not what I expected at all. Gangsters as a replacement for the Citizens is a fun choice and tying in some filmmaking history to the cinema is nice. I REALLY love the visual of the train going past the castle. That's so cool that reading it made me wonder why I've never seen that pitched before? Amazing design detail. everything you have here is great, I'm slightly worried there's a bit too much for it to all flow together. With more time (like as a personal project which you absolutely should do or if this was a larger scale game where you were doing a full write up) I'm sure it could all work together. But as an elevator pitch, the steampunk seems to clash with the filmmaking which seems to clash with the gangsters. all great ideas, but with the limiting nature of this game focusing on one idea and building out that theme might have worked slightly better. But I don't want to sound too negative because while it could have used a bit more focus that is a very minor complaint that doesn't really detract much from your pitch at all and this is a very strong pitch full of some great ideas. I would love to see more of this!

+3 Bonus - All great solid takes on the classic lands! Finding unique spins (like incorporating Agrabah into Fantasyland or the Tennessee focused Frontierland) on the classics while still feeling very classic
Main Street, NJ
View attachment 765488
I was born and spent the first two decades of my life in New Jersey, so let's try a Main Street based on the seaside boardwalks that the Garden State has in bounty. Similar in concept to Paradise Pier, this Main Street has an arcade, shops selling saltwater taffy and painted seashells, a pizzeria, and even a few rides (a small wooden roller coaster, a swing ride, a Ferris Wheel, etc.). The castle at the end would be the one from Beauty and the Beast - don't quote me on this, but that might have been the first Disney princess movie I saw.

View attachment 765489
After walking through the Beast's Castle, guests find themselves in a recreation of Belle's village from the film, then by following the right paths can visit the Seven Dwarfs' Mine, explore Wonderland with Alice, fly over Neverland with Peter Pan, search for honey with Winnie the Pooh, ride a flying elephant, and even face off against a ferocious dragon.

BONUS #2: My Adventureland
View attachment 765491
Excitement and danger lurks around every corner in Adventureland - headlined by the World-Famous Jungle Cruise, this version of Adventureland also features the Enchanted Tiki Room, Pirates of the Caribbean, Festival of the Lion King, a treehouse built by Russell and Carl Fredricksen, and a Jungle Book-themed log flume (you may get wet!).

BONUS #3: Tomorrowland
View attachment 765494
A bizarre science fiction world where humans, robots, and aliens live together in harmony, stepping into Tomorrowland gives guests an opportunity to fly on a rocket through outer space, build their own robot, join Star Command, race a Mars Rover on an alien speedway, or journey 20,000 leagues under the sea.
This is not me saying this is the best idea (it might be, stay tuned for results :p ), but I can say that if I was a player I would've likely done a boardwalk Main Street too. It seems like a great twist on the formula that you could do a lot fun things with! If I ever write up the dream park I've been toying with don't be surprised if you see me do a boardwalk entry land. but enough about me. This is about your boardwalk! You really nailed what the prompt was going for. This is YOUR Main Street and YOUR park! I'm torn because I feel like the rides you chose complete the theming and are a great fit, but also I could see those kinds of more simply themed rides at the front of the park being controversial among Disney fans the way dinoLand is. BUT really these rides are less about being rides, and more about proper placemaking and selling guests on the atmosphere. They might make some fan unhappy, but they make me happy. They complete the land! It would've felt weird if you didn't have them. You did a great job creating something that feels fully new while still capturing what Main Street needs!

+3 Bonus - Mostly just very solid executions of the classic lands, but additions like a Jungle Book log flume and the Mars Rover speedway really help it stand out!
View attachment 765500
I grew up in 1950s America (“Yeah, Joe, I’m an old guy.”) So, MY Main Street would evoke that more innocent era, but with streets lined with vintage cars next to a bakery, diner with tasty burgers, a shoe repair shop, a drug store including a soda fountain with creamy milkshakes, and other familiar stores of my youth. The “castle” in my fantasy Main Street would be a two-story school with a tall clock tower at the front that chimed on the hour.

View attachment 765501Bonus #1 – My Fantasyland would be all about flight, inspired by Disney’s Peter Pan, the first movie I saw in a theater.

View attachment 765502Bonus #2 – My hometown was once home to native American tribes, and we used to hunt for arrowheads that were abundant in the area, so MY Frontierland would recreate a Native American village.

View attachment 765503Bonus #3 – My Tomorrowland would involve exploring our solar system and the Milky Way galaxy.
1950s Main Street is the natural evolution for a modern take on a castle park. The turn of the century changes that Main Street celebrated mostly all culminated in the 50s before a new era of progress kicked off by the space race began in the 60s/70s (which yes, the space race began in the 50s, but that just adds to the turning point feeling of the decade adding to the parallels between a 1950s Main Street and the classic Main Street). Vintage cars, burgers, milkshakes.. It would be a great pick! I love how the castle blends into your Main Street feeling like a piece of the land, but I also worry that by doing that you miss out of the eclectic visual design that makes the castles so iconic and stand out so much

+3 Bonus - a flight focused fantasyland, a Frontierland focused on Indigenous people. and a Tomorrowland focused on exploring the cosmos. Love that line up!
Main Street U.S.A.
View attachment 765490
For the Main Street located at the newest Disney resort in Australia (or Brazil, or Canada, or Korea, or Germany, or the UK, or South Africa, or somewhere else), Imagineers decided to theme it to the historic city of Boston in Massachusetts (I have been here, though I spent pretty much all of my life in nearby RI). Unlike most other Main Streets, which are themed to the 20th century, this one is themed to the 21st century. When you walk down the street (which is obviously not as narrow as the street shown in the picture), you can hear the sounds of vehicles (based on those found in the city) heading towards Far Far Away Castle (yes, it’s themed to Shrek) and see buildings that look historic despite the land taking place in modern times. While exploring this land, you can munch on donuts (Dunkin Donuts, of course), baked beans, clam chowder, hot dogs, ice cream, and seafood. This land also has two side streets, making it easier to head to your favorite attractions in the morning and to leave the park in the evening.

Bonuses:

Adventureland:
View attachment 765499

Unlike most other Adventurelands, this one is themed to Japan and other Asian countries (split into Chinese/Japanese and Himalayan sub-areas, no Frontierland yet), including an Asian Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones themed to Chinese/Japanese myths, a family dark ride themed to Kung Fu Panda, a Naruto attraction, a clone of Expedition Everest, and a log flume themed to Indian/Nepali stories.

Fantasyland:

View attachment 765504
Headlined by Far Far Away Castle (which features a grand Shrek-themed dark ride), this Fantasyland is very loosely themed to medieval Europe, and it features attractions themed to many popular IPs, including Frozen, Peter Pan, Aladdin, Dumbo, Super Mario, the Legend of Zelda, the Lion King, Kingdom Hearts, and Pokemon.

Tomorrowland:
View attachment 765507
This Tomorrowland is themed to a cyberpunk future, featuring a modernized Space Mountain (maybe a bit more thrilling than the others), a much better version of Autopia with self-driving cars, a Wreck-it-Ralph dark ride, and attractions themed to the Avengers, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Toy Story, and Star Wars.
Usually I'd be against a modern day (or more or less modern day) Main Street, but Boston has such a unique style to it that I feel like you could set it in present day and it would still feel timeless and classic. It's a really unique city that would be perfect for a theme park setting. I like that you took advantage of the looser IP rules for a Shrek castle. A very unexpected but fun idea lol. Replacing the Starbucks with a Dunkin is VERY fitting for the New England area. as a Floridian I had no idea how big Dunkin was until I visited family a few years ago and they literally would plan their days out around where they can get Dunkin. There were more Dunkin's up there than there are Publix's here. Building in some side streets as bypasses for crowd flow is smart. A better solution to handle park crowds than Shanghai's overly wide road for Mickey avenue.

+3 Bonus - This is where you fully took advantage of the IP freedom and went crazy with it. LOVE it. Would adore any theme park where Sonic, Cloud, and Buzz Lightyear could hang out
COBBLESTONE STREET
View attachment 765538

This version of Main Street is set within a quintessential English village, inspired by Castle Combe and Cheshire, places visited and painted by my great-grandpa. Guests enter the land by passing under a giant storybook, into the charming village square and high street, centralised around a war memorial, whilst horse carriages, open buses, and early automobiles come and go. Amongst the shops to explore are the Post Office, the Sweetie Jar sweet shop, Tea & Supper cafe, the supposedly haunted local pub called the Ram's Arms, a toy and clothes shop, and the classy new "big city" emporium. At the other end of the street lies a small park complete with a duck pond, overlooking the spectacular Snow White Enchanted Castle, set within the central hub. In a breaking of tradition, the land has two attractions -- Walt Disney's British Voyage, exploring Walt's relationship with the UK and its stories; and Miss Price's Flying Academy, a flying theatre ride based on Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

BONUSES:

FANTASYLAND
View attachment 765539

Beyond the castle lies a kingdom of fantasy and magic, split into forests of princesses, the four seasons, toys, and shadows.

ADVENTURELAND
View attachment 765543

Prepare to enter into a realm of untold discoveries and dangers, exploring Arabian deserts, mystical Chinese mountains, Polynesian islands and volcanoes, and uncover a lost plateau home to ancient beasts long thought to be extinct.

TOMORROWLAND
View attachment 765545

Blast off to a world of possibilities, traveling to an alien moon that is home to the space pirate-filled Crater Town, and the futuristic, fully automated Sci-Fi City, home to racing hoverbikes, robotic gladiators, and a cyberspace rollercoaster.

And as a little extra fun:

MYSTERYLAND
View attachment 765546
A brand new land set within an American harbour town where the strange mist rolling in is the least of the townsfolk's problems, compared to the tales of the old hilltop manor, the spooky lighthouse, and a dark shadowy plot looming just out of view.
I LOVE this twist on the Main Street formula (and the personal connection to your great-grandpa's paintings is very sweet. It fully accomplishes what a Main Street needs to be while feeling fully unique. A great showcase of English culture and history in the same idealized way that Main Street uses to showcase Americana. The little English village that never was and always will be. Little touches like the haunted pub and the tea shop add to the authentic feeling without ever losing sight of the fact that this is a castle park and not meant to be a historical recreation or a World Showcase Pavilion. While it is sad to lose the train, the storybook entrance sounds delightful and is a great way to harken back to the classic storybook openings of older Disney films while feeling more English. Usually I would be concerned about having 2 big dark rides on Main Street (Rides attract crowds and crowds aren't what you want for the entrance/exit land which are already prone to getting clogged with guests). BUT you smartly chose two themes that are not huge draws. Both great ride ideas that would be perfect here! But let's face it Miss Price plush toys aren't exactly flying off the shelves in 2024. you find a good balance between making a great ride without making it too big a draw. An excellent final project!

+3 Bonus - All very awesome an unique twists on the lands. Each feels so distinct and yet distinctly like Fantasyl/Adventure/Tomorrowland! Mysteryland is a very cool bonus bonus too!

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1706417767861-png.765457

While I have no personal ties to it as I was born in '91 I do think that the Googie aesthetic is so retro that it's taken on a timelessness all of it's own so

MAIN STREET 1955

View attachment 765839

The 1950's are as transitional and nostalgic as the 1900s were but are more accessible to modern audiences be it from their parents, grandpas, or pop culture osmosis. This Main Street would have the usual accoutrements such as a theater and diners but updated to take advantage of more "modern" conveniences, complete with neon lights, forming a 1950's that never was for Mickey and Friends to call home, anchored by Cinderella's Castle, representating the Disney movie that started the decade.

Bonus 1: URBAN FANTASYLAND

View attachment 765842

Branching off from this more modern Main Street is a VERY unusual Fantasyland, one framed not by the pastoral medieval aesthetic of previous ones but an urban city all the princesses, heroes, and fairytale creatures have adapted to, inspired by works like Once Upon A Time and Fables.

FRONTIERLAND: INTERSTELLAR

View attachment 765843

Continuing with the risky themes prior in this castle park, this Frontierland focuses on Tomorrowland concepts and themes, involving the guests as exoplanet explorers making a planet ready for more humans through participating in rides and interactive experiences similar to Galaxy's Edge.

TOMORROWLAND: SOLAR

View attachment 765844

Since Frontierland has the conventional Tomorrowland themes, this Tomorrowland is focused on modern Solarpunk themes and elements that feel more relevant to modern audiences, taking elements from Wakanda's depiction in the MCU as well as Disneysea's Port Discovery.

A lot of what I said in my review for @OvertheHorizon applies here too. And you highlight it yourself. The 1950s is another transitional period the same way the turn of the century was. It's a smart move to very intentionally lean into that. Horizon did more of a Main Street in the 1950s, but you did a 1950s Main Street. A subtle difference with pros and cons to each with their's capturing what makes Main Street so beloved better, but your's capturing that feeling of a changing era better. I think that what you have is good for an Elevator pitch, but I would've like a tad bit more here to showcase what makes your land unique though. The thematic tie of Cinderella Castle was very clever though and shows the intentionality behind your pitch

+3 bonus - I love how crazy you get with your lands! One of the biggest benefits of small scale games like this is that you can really go wild without committing a ton of time. I would love to see an expanded take on Urban Fantasyland
Main Street–Grand Junction
Transportation looms large in a land fittingly called Grand Junction. The M&M’s Railroad, sponsored by the candy company but standing for Minnesota & Missouri (which are 2 important states to travel between), circles the rest of the park. Going up County Road 101 is the Green Line streetcar (with public transportation ties especially to Boston and Cleveland) that provides transport from the entrance to the hub. The hub is the Northern Lights Ice Castle, a permanent fixture reminiscent of winter carnivals. Among other shops and cafes (including a pizzeria), of note is the Little Flour/Flower Bakery, which features French pastries honoring the great saint of love, St. Therese of Lisieux.

View attachment 766222

Fantasyland–Saintly Realm
Although time and place are generally fixed for a person, “what-ifs” take shape in this land: a boat ride that follows worldwide missionary journeys (like St. Francis Xavier), a carousel of animals (especially the ones St. Francis of Assisi preached to), and a trackless dark ride that explores a small rural community where a minister simply listened to people for hours on-end (like St. John Vianney).

View attachment 766223

Adventureland–Mission: Alaska
Alaska being the only church “mission” land in the U.S. is the theme for this land, featuring a roller coaster themed to Mount McKinley (a.k.a. Denali), a wildlife cruise (with perhaps a whale), and a simulator ride that takes guests to an island with Kodiak bears.

View attachment 766225

Tomorrowland–Charity City
Away from the suburban and rural areas featured in other lands, the port of Charity City showcases a Hagrid’s-style coaster themed to people receiving help from others (e.g. soup kitchen) as well as a boat ride that shows what it’s like for a cruise ship chaplain to minister to crew and guests.

View attachment 766226
A transportation focused Main Street that serves as the crossroads of America is a great twist on it. Main Street has always been defined by all its transport options so fully leaning into that is really fun! I am having a little trouble picturing exactly what the land would look like visually or what time period it is meant to be and I wish a slight bit more was done with placemaking (even something as small as using the picture for that instead of the castle which feels more self explanatory), but everything inside the land is perfect! From your unique cafe to all the transport to the stunning castle that would define the skyline this land has so many stand out moments!

+3 Bonus - The focus on Saints and Christian stories give the park a very unique vibe and feels very personal. I gotta wonder what a soup kitchen rollercoaster would look like though lol
Hilltop Haven - Main Street for Disney Hills (a park I thought of when I was ten years old but never shared with anyone till now)

View attachment 766267
Growing up in the flatlands of Chicago suburbia, I have always romanticized hills and mountains; hence, my idea Main Street would be one that is defined by its sloping streets and majestic overlooks (using elaborate models and effects to simulate being on top of a hill). A cable-car runs up and down the main pathway, which is subtly S-shaped rather than a straight line—which lessens the grade of the incline, but the real charm is found in the side alleyways where one can discover shops and cafes more hidden away from the main pathway (a tribute to my Italian heritage—and also a place I long to visit someday). At the end of the main pathway (at the top of the hill) is a castle built into a mountain; the hub with pathways to other lands in the park is located within this structure so that no other parts of the park can be viewed from within Hilltop Haven (disconnected from the rest of the world, a true safe haven).

Bonus: My Fantasyland - Sorcerers' Glen
View attachment 766275

Sorcerers' Glen is a Fantasyland set deep in the wooded, rocky hills beyond the Castle Mountain, home to wizards (my Merlin attraction), dwarfs, woodland creatures (typical Fantasyland attractions), but beware, the forest gets darker and the terrain rockier and more barren the deeper you travel in (the centerpiece E-Ticket, (Escape from) Fire Mountain—a roller coaster adventure starring Mickey Mouse escaping from Maleficent's dark fortress of evil).
Bonus: My Adventureland - Jungle of Mysteries
View attachment 766278

The Jungle of Mysteries (a setting like the mountains of central Africa, with elevation changes) includes a vine swinging D-Ticket dark ride with Tarzan (suspended a la Peter Pan with more motion and speed), the classic Jungle Cruise (every Castle park needs a connection to the original, in my opinion), and Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Crimson Serpent, an EMV-jeep ride through the Jungle (mostly in a showbuilding—outdoor section can be skipped in rain a la Skull Island) in which Indy comes face to face with a creature out of his nightmares.
Bonus: My Tomorrowland - Tomorrow Valley
View attachment 766279

Tomorrow Valley (a futuristic city set in a low basin with rocky walls surrounding it) contains adventures inspired by possibility: Rocket Rods (a ride I first thought up in 2008 merging Test Track and Rocket Rods in which you test out vehicles of the future and finish by driving around the city—Disney then did the new Test Track and created the exact visual I was picturing); a sight-seeing dark ride around the valley with the ability to make the vehicle rise and fall (a la Astro Orbiter) but on a ride track with different visuals if you are "up" or "down"; and finally, the Tomorrow Valley Fairgrounds, a sub-land featuring my Time Machine attraction from earlier (modified to its original form [ca. 2009 when I made it up] as an exhibit at the fairgrounds) and other exhibition-type attractions (which could include TRON if done as an exhibit exploring new Computer technology).
----------------------------- end of submission -----------------------------

Can I just say how awesome this competition was?! I have been on WDWMagic for 8 years and I never realized this was a part of the site! I've been armchair Imagineering since I was in 3rd grade (I still have almost all of my sketches and ideas), coming up with Disney and non-Disney parks and rides. To have a spot to share them with other people is so cool. Thanks for putting this all together, and I'm excited to get involved in other parts of this side of the forum as my schedule permits!
I should see if my mom still has the old guidemaps for dream parks I made as a kid. Maybe we could start a thread showcasing some of our earliest imagineering ideas and show off how creative our 10 year old selves were! As a Florida native I can relate to even a slight incline feeling magical. I love the thought that went into grounding this idea and making it practical like the S bend to the street as a way to lessen the steepness of the hill. The cable care to bypass walking uphill is another very nice touch. This feels like an adventure with hidden things to discover and explore around every corner, but without that ever being too much for a Main Street. The reveal of the mountainside castle as you turn the bend leading to the further discovery of the rest of the park hidden by the castle itself is such a brilliant series of wow moments. I have concerns about crowd flow if all guests going anywhere have to be funneled through the castle itself, but that downside of crowd congestion is made up for in the added sense of discovery and wonder that would come with this set up. This might be functionally no different than any other main street, but your changes shift the vibe of the entire park day!

+3 Bonus - Love how the unique feel of your main street is carried through the entire park. this might be a castle park on paper, but it really feels fully unique.
Smalltown, U.S.A.

The charm of New England comes to life in Smalltown, U.S.A., a new take on the iconic Main Streets that have welcomed thousands to Disneylands across the world. Smalltown takes inspiration from the six states of New England, and in some cases, replicates real-life locations -- for example, the train station is modeled after the Waterbury Amtrak Station in Vermont; and the buildings along the waterways of the Hub resemble those found in Bar Harbor, Maine. The land's main restaurant, The Fisherman's Paradise, is among these Bar Harbor-inspired buildings, offering delicious seafood like Maine lobster, clam chowder, in addition to turkey, baked beans, hot dogs, American chop suey, and dishes featuring corn, potatoes blueberries and maple syrup. There's even a version of the all-time classic The Haunted Mansion held within a mansion designed after one in Bar Harbor; alluding to the fact that Maine is home to horror icon Stephen King. And naturally, this "poor provincial town" leads up to the Beast's Castle, complete with a version of the Magic Kingdom's ever-popular Be Our Guest Restaurant, a walkthrough attraction and, naturally, a meet 'n' greet with Prince Adam and Princess Belle themselves!

~ ~ ~

BONUS: Fantasyland

fan384543LARGE.jpeg

Continuing the naturalistic vibes of Smalltown, once you step past the initial castle village common in most Fantasylands, wooden bridges will take you into a massive forest setting; featuring attractions like the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Frozen Ever After, and even an all-new dark ride themed to Tangled.

~ ~ ~

BONUS: Adventureland

Animal-Kingdom_Full_52946.jpg

Adventureland features two sub-areas: the Central/South American-inspired Puerto Aventura, which itself was inspired by the all-new Tropical Americas area of Disney's Animal Kingdom, featuring a D-ticket trackless dark ride based on Encanto, a Tiki Room equivalent starring the Three Caballeros and a new take on Indiana Jones Adventure; and Puerto Tesoro, featuring the beloved Pirates of the Caribbean and a whole host of other pirate-based experiences.

~ ~ ~

RHN7YF37OFHXBGHNY7G4DAUWTI.jpg

"it's a small world" over in Fantasyland serves as the perfect bridge to Tomorrowland, here inspired by Walt's dreams for EPCOT and the 1964 World's Fair, complete with a reborn Horizons, held within a building meant to resemble the exterior of the 1964 Carousel of Progress (pictured above), and a reborn Journey Into Imagination; whilst also featuring tried-and-true Tomorrowland classics like Star Tours and Space Mountain, as well as an all-new Avengers E-ticket held at the Stark Expo.
I love the blending of New England influences. Captures the vibe of the region without being tied too directly to any specific city. An amalgamation that keeps it general and relatable to all. The New England architecture would transition beautifully to the French castle in the hub too which is a transition you've clearly considered. Even with just a short elevator pitch, the thought and care you have for this idea is very clear. A popular attraction like Haunted Mansion might be a bit tough for crowd flow right up front (although as an aside, I love your twist on it and the thematic tie of Stephen King. I would love to see a fully detailed write up of a Maine/King inspired Mansion), but the Haunted Mansion is a people eating omnimover. Perhaps the most reliable ride system and one that could handle the steady crowds of the hub without disrupting things. I also love the attention you brought to the oft overlooked hub waterways. Giving them a bit more focus is a fun touch.

+3 Bonus - Love all of it! The world's fair Tomorrowland is particularly fun
I didn't want to post this in the initial post, as it would break the rule of having only one picture, but I wanted to provide this picture as clarification. This is La Rochelle, the Bar Harbor mansion that this Haunted Mansion would modeled after.

Join-.jpeg
Not factoring it into the judging, but that would be a very cool facade for the Haunted Mansion!
Okay then…

Mydeal Main Street

This alternate take on Main Street begins as something more akin to Mickey Avenue, albeit with a surreal mixed medium flair taking from the look of the infrastructure found outside the park, as if the infrastructure was melting away to revel Main Street. Despite this, the Mickey Avenue influences are blended with the traditional Main Street aesthetic to make it pop well and go over with fans. Surprisingly, this area also has attractions such as Muppet Vision 3D, Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln, One Man’s Dream, and the Jolly Trolley, but most of all, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
I love the idea of reality melting away revealing the classic yet cartoony Main Street hidden beneath the grounded facade. A very fun and almost trippy idea. Less of a modern take on Main Street and more of a post-modern take. In other pitches I would say that Lincoln, Muppets, Runaway Railway, and One Man's Dream would tonally clash and feel unfocused, but here it works as an eclectic blend that adds to the surreal and incredibly unique take on the land. A very fun and creative twist.
DISNEY'S AMERICA (Washington DC)

New Orleans Street is the Main Street themed to the city of New Orleans, a place that every Southeastern child learns about at school as the model city of the Southeast. Guests start by wandering the streets of the French Quarter, home to shops and restaurants that can be found in the real New Orleans. The castle at the end of the New Orleans Street is Tiana's Castle, home to the main attraction of this area, Tiana's Bayou Adventure, and done in a style similar to the houses in the Garden District of New Orleans!
View attachment 766344
BONUSES:

Fantasyland takes guests into a New England village full of old stories to be told located near an old brick Colonial manor house.
View attachment 766345
Frontierland takes guests to the deserts of the ancient Southwestern United States to showcase the culture of the Ancestral Pueblo people who lived in cliff dwellings all across the Southwest, one of which guests can explore and see what archaeologists have gathered about them from their findings!
View attachment 766347
Tomorrowland is redesigned as a Gilded Age-themed Discoveryland, complete with a thrilling ride through a period-accurate factory with ZERO SAFETY REGULATIONS!!! (Simulated, Of Course!)
View attachment 766346
A New Orleans Main Street is a great choice! New Orleans Square and Universal's Mardis Gras have proven how well the New Orleans aesthetic work in a theme park setting. And since a Main Street is often built on its food, choosing New Orleans (which is known for its stellar dining options) is super clever. Generally I would say that a log flume is a bit much for a Main Street, but tying it into the castle and the hub works really well and gives the land some nice energy without clogging up the street itself with crowds. I'm a bit torn of Tiana's castle. On one hand it makes perfect sense as it keeps the New Orleans theme going and makes the castle feel truly like a part of Main Street (especially since you gave a twist on the castle by grounding it in New Orleans architecture rather than the more fairytale castles the parks are known for). So that's great! BUT part of what makes Main Street so memorable is the clash between the castle and the street. I worry that instead of being an iconic sight drawing guests in, this castle will just be another building at the end of the road. Although having the ride housed inside it helps add to the draw. It's both a big plus and a big minus how well the castle fits your land, so I think it ultimately cancels out and doesn't help or hurt your pitch lol. Overall a very strong take on Main Street and now I'm craving some gumbo.

+3 Bonus - I think more bonus pitches should ignore OSHA regulations

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1706417767861-png.765457

I had no real intentions of participating in this, but it’s a great excuse to pitch the castle park I’ve been (slowly) mapping out.

1. Main Street USA
View attachment 766359

Main Street USA takes a slightly more modern slant, taking the theme of the densely packed neighborhoods of New York City at the turn of the 20th century. The opulent gilded age architecture of Main Streets past is replaced by brick buildings adorned with painted billboards and simpler more realistic storefronts. While Main Street features no attractions, it does serve as the park’s shopping and dining hub with locations such as The Emporium Department Store and the Front Street Deli. Just off of Main Street is the more traditionally indicative Main Street Steeplechase Park, featuring the area’s only attraction - a steeplechase coaster. Past Main Street stand’s The Castle of Dreams - the park’s icon, inspired by the characters and architecture of a variety of Disney animated features.

2. Fantasyland
View attachment 766367
Walk the streets of Portobello Road or venture into the dense forests beyond the castle walls in this new take on Fantasyland which prioritizes immersion and exploration.

3. Adventureland
View attachment 766366
Themed to the Pacific Islands and Southeast Asia, Adventureland features a number of unique experiences featuring Moana and Disneyland’s famous tiki birds in a new and exciting way.

4. Frontierland
View attachment 766368
Set in the Ohio River Valley in the very early 1800s, this Frontierland focuses on the myths and legends of colonial America like Johnny Appleseed and Sleepy Hollow.

4a - Stormalong Sound
Premium AI Image | A painting of a village with a boat in the water

The park’s liberty square analogue, journey to a quaint fishing village and embark on a perilous voyage through the tale of a cursed whaler and his sorry crew, or board the colonial-era sloop The Albatross for a quaint journey around the Rivers of America.

5. Tomorrowland
View attachment 766369
Prepare for pulse-pounding adventure and otherworldly romance in this Tomorrowland inspired by pulp novels and serials from the 1930s.
Welcome to the game! I'm not sure there's enough time for you to catch up with the current leader points wise, but I'm happy to see you pop in lol. I was hoping the dream park prompt would be fun and encourage some extra people to pop in!

I love the more grounded feeling here. It's neither glitzy/glamorous nor is it dramatic/dour. It has a real live in vibe that makes it feel like stepping back in time. You do a great job painting a picture with your words making it feel like I stepped right into this land. I've mentioned before in these reviews that rides on main street are tough to get right with crowd flow, but the way you give it its own courtyard off to the side would do a lot to make it practical. Plus, its a very fun sounding ride and adds a bit of energy to the more grounded land. The realistic main street leads to the Castle of Dreams feeling particularly striking. Standing out and adding a great fantastical twist to the skyline!

+3 Bonus - I can't wait to see how this all comes together!

Mountainous Avenue
View attachment 766350
Growing up in Western Canada, my favourite place to visit was the mountains, and the small towns in the area (like the one above, who has less than 10,000 people living there with most of the people in town being tourists). This new snow-heavy main street is complete with shops of the theme on either side selling hot chocolate, snow gear (toques, mitts, boots, etc.). The end of the street features a large mountain weenie taken straight from the Rocky Mountains. As part of the Rocky Mountain façade, a large Elsa's castle is built, complete with a princess ice-themed meet and greet dining option.

View attachment 766371
Located behind the mountain, a mountain village themed fantasyland is located complete with a ski gondola (skyliner) to traverse the mountain.

Bonus: Frontierland - The Gold Rush
View attachment 766372
To match other Frontierland's, this one is themed similar based on the Gold Rush, the Alaskan gold rush with attractions based on gold panning through the mountain range.

View attachment 766382
Tomorrowland takes the mountain range and turns it into a large mountain top airfield, complete with modernized blimps, large fighter planes, and more futuristic aircraft to turn the world of tomorrow, into transportation of today for the park.​
Ooooooo a snow dusted Main Street is a great twist that I'm shocked I haven't seen more. The quirky small tourist town is a wonderful modern take on Main Street's setting and one that is very relatable even if this one is specifically set near a Canadian mountain. I feel like this kind of small town is as universal as the original "Main street" just in a very different way. I have mixed feelings on the castle. On one hand it is a striking and unique take on the icon to have a mountain take center stage (with the Ice Palace feeling like a bit of a bonus there instead of the focal point). But on the other hand, does treating the fairytale castle as just a feature of the hub instead of the focus take away its iconic nature? I love how different it is, but also I worry it strays too far that it loses what made the original special. While I might be debating whether this plan for the icon is better, there's no debate in my mind that it is interesting which is arguably more important in a game like this. I'm going to remember this take on main street for a while which is quite the accomplishment when it is the 14th I've read in a row and its almost 1 am. I really do love it though and I love that you went wild with it rather than feeling trapped by tradition. You created something that feels uniquely you which was exactly what this scene was about

+3 Bonus - I love that you keep the mountain theme going throughout it!
Embarcadero Street
View attachment 766399Under the cheerful shades of cherry blossom and redwood trees is the San Francisco-esque Victorian Embarcadero Street, which serves as the introductory "Main Street" to a Disneyland/DisneySea hybrid theme park. Set in the nostalgic late 19th century America, Embarcadero Street is a collective idealization of a more romantic far-west San Francisco, from the fresh Painted Ladies-style houses, and fully functioning red cable trollies, to a small Embarcadero Pier (viewing area for nighttime shows) looking over Steamboat Bay, a Mickey-shaped lake with two bridges running along the ears, which branch towards Fantasyland on the right and Tomorrowland on the left. The trollies are one of three subtle attractions, the other two being a boat transport that goes to and from the bay, and a theater showcasing a new, updated version of Golden Dreams, a show that highlights the history of California, without avoiding its harsher stories, set in an opera house. While you'll be able to see Mickey and Minnie in their full Victorian 19th-century apparel, you'll also be able to see a performance of the Newspaper Boys, a ragtag group of young men who sing and dance, while running around with newspapers featuring world events of the time, similar to the entertainment found in DCA. For food, you can find a small shoppe the Tea Room, and other small restaurants, but the highlight: is the signature Kavanaugh Cafe, a ballroom-style restaurant featuring a variety of seafood, lobster sandwiches, salads, and kinds of pasta of the era, which rounds up the area as Main Street- with a by-the-bay twist.

Mermaid Lagoon (Tokyo DisneySea) | Rick Vink | Flickr

After crossing the right bridge at Steamboat Bay, you'll step right through Ariel's Seaside Palace into a full-fledged Atlantis-themed Fantasyland, featuring a "risen-from-the-water" Greek city with romantic touches, a great log flume ride, four dark rides (there are two-sublands of Moana and Peter Pan), and a wide variety of flat rides that give the Atalantis-Fantasyland the seaside twist it needs.

BONUS #2: My Adventureland/Frontierland
View attachment 766400
While Adventureland features its jungle river land, Frontierland is the highlight for the west side of the park with Discovery Bay, a more industrial S.E.A. San-Francisco land that branches off far right from Embarcadero street, chock-full with the never-seen experiences in the original Discovery Bay concept for Disneyland.

BONUS #3: My Tomorrowland
Solarpunk Futurism Seems Optimistic and Whimsical. But Not Really. |  American Enterprise Institute - AEI

Jumping into a balance of tomorrow with the ocean is a Tomorrowland now dedicated to being in tune with Earth, and more importantly, the seas, with a futuristic city both aboveground and underwater.
This is a great twist! It blends a lot of influences together in a way that could have easily felt like too much, but they all blend seamlessly together. From the Mickey shaped lake, the colorful foliage, to the fun streetmosphere. This is fantastic and feels full of life! I always approve of California Adventure influences. What I particularly admire is that you're able to incoporate all these inspirations, throwbacks, and homages yet you never lose sight of your land's unique identity. It would've been very easy for this to feel derivative, but you never lose sight of what makes your vision feel like YOUR vision which is not always easy to do.

+3 Bonus - Love the seaside theme running through the whole park without that theme ever feeling limiting
Kingdom Hearts... Again.

Sorry for phoning this one in but migraine got in the way of actually thinking so I'm continuing my theme from last round. Traverse Town themed Main Street. Bonuses of Fantasyland based around Hollow Bastion, Adventureland themed around Destiny Island and Tomorrowland has to include a Gummy Ship ride to round it out.

Great comp @Pi on my Cake! Wish I could of given the finale my all but alas.
I am sorry that some health issues were effecting you this round. It's a shame to see a bit of an anti-climactic end to what has been a great run this season! For this being your first game (I think so at least), you've done incredibly well and were even in third place going into the finals! You've had a great run you should be incredibly proud of and I can't wait to see what you do next! If you enjoyed this want to stick around, I see a lot of potential in your future here! While obviously not your most detailed pitch, honestly you don't need much more (at least not for me since I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan). "Traverse Town themed Main Street" might only be 5 words but it honestly functions as a strong elevator pitch just with that. Usually I'd questions a single IP Main Street, but I mentioned in the prompt that IP choice doesn't matter here (even gave the example of a fnaf themed main street as a viable project). It might not be quite enough to win in such a competitive round, but the beauty of the 1SC is that sometimes you really don't need much. 5 words was all you needed to communicate the core of your idea!

+3 Bonus - Love the dedication to a full Kingdom Hearts dream park. Realistic? Absolutely not. Super fun? 100% yes!
Emerald Coast
3ebc359a7d84e697cd90676ceee8e244.jpg
Step into an idyllic beachfront town on the Florida panhandle, inspired by many towns along the Gulf Coast such as Pensacola and Destin. With 1950s inspired architecture and automobiles, Sunshine Shores offers the perfect place for many shops and restaurants from a bygone era, including the Milk Bar; a milkshake restaurant with the entrance modeled after the old Pensacola Dairy Company building, and the Old Fire-House; a barbecue restaurant inspired by the actual Pensacola 1927 Firehouse which had been repurposed as a drive-in restaurant. At the end of the Main Street sits Prince Eric's castle from the 1989 The Little Mermaid film and the island plaza between them, with white sandy beaches and water that sparkles like an emerald.
Ariels-Adventure_Full_13918.jpg
This Fantasyland naturally has a boat ride based on The Little Mermaid as well as Scuttle's Scooters and an aerial carousel with Sebastian and the fishes performing undersea songs, but as well has a storybook village, an enchanted ride to Prince Charming's Ball, a wild ride with Mr. Toad, a trip down the rabbit hole with Alice, a kingdom and her two sisters, and a trip around the Hundred Acre Woods with Winnie the Pooh and you too.
Bonus: Adventureland
86065c3862725.593aca521e54f.jpg
Set among the valley floor of a steamy jungle is our Adventureland, brave adventurers can expect a cruise through the jungle's river, the bear necessities, a tropical serenade, and a fiery mountain.
Bonus: Discoveryland
discoverybay1.jpg
Inspired by a future that was once imagined and often romanticized, Discoveryland is a steampunk world of zeppelins soarin' over the world, rockets that go from the Earth to the Moon, a time machine, and a voyage 20k leagues under the sea.
You don't see nostalgia for old Florida the way you do for old California in the theme park world. Disney Springs is the only place I can think of that really does it, but even then they don't do much with the old school Florida theme. I like that you embraced the kitsch with the milk bar and leaned into the tacky (and I mean that as a compliment) vibe of the 1950s. I'm particularly a fan of the hub and the focus of the water/beach. It's a very unique take that would add a lot to the hub creating an entrance area unlike any other. With Eric's Castle striking the perfect balance between feeling at home in your hub while still contrasting with the street. An excellent project to end the game on.

+3 Bonus - Love it! Some really great new takes on these lands built on what's been shown to work. A great evolution of these themes

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
9wYfNiB.png

wfH4MNC.png

@Muppetsfan#1 - Steampunk City

The Honorable Mention goes to someone who's project excelled in one field, but did not quite make the cut for a medal for whatever reason. There was a lot of strong things in this project, but the visual of the train going right past the castle so fun and unique that it definitely deserved the shout out.

fi8BZ2h.png

@imagineer97 - Hilltop Haven

This was such a unique take on a Main Street that set the tone for a castle park like no other! Some very minor nitpicks over crowd flow were the only things holding this off from scoring even higher (Stuff that wouldn't even matter if the competition wasn't so tough this scene)

oUugaAj.png

@DisneyManOne - Smalltown, USA

It is a real testament to your talent as a writer that your writing skills are able to shine even in such short form content as an elevator pitch. But you paint a picture so beautifully of a lovely New England take on Main Street that rides the line between specific influences and general inspirations

33sYVki.png

@Evilgidgit - Cobblestone Street

Takes everything that makes Main Street work so well and applies it to a different culture perfectly creating a truly unique yet instantly familiar world. A perfect new take on Main Street!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
PblDwXM.png

Just a reminder of how scoring works:
Submitting anything is worth 1 Point
Doing anything for the bonus is worth 1 Point
A Bronze or Silver Trophy is worth an extra 1 point
A Gold Trophy is worth an extra 2 Points!

If I did math wrong and you feel like your score is wrong, let me know and I'll fix it!

@ThemeParkPriest - 24
@Architectural Guinea Pig - 24
@Disney Warrior - 24
@Evilgidgit - 24
@WaltWiz1901 - 23
@Solaris Knight - 23
@Suchomimus - 23
@Muppetsfan#1 - 22
@OvertheHorizon - 22
@cdunlap - 20
@Miru - 18
@DisneyManOne - 16
@spacemt354 - 8
@MickeyWaffleCo. - 4
@Lizzy May Bee - 4
@JokersWild - 4
@Disney Dad 3000 - 2
@mharrington - 2
@DisneyFan32 - 2
@FireMountain - 2
@Dark PerGron - 1

And now for the top 3!

Tied for 3rd place...

@major.hatter - 25
@imagineer97 - 25

I know I said trophies would be used for tie breakers in final rankings, but ya'll tied there too!
Co-Bronze winners for the season

SwNLkjW.png

In second place...

@Brer Panther - 26

sljJMkA.png

A huge congratulations to our grand prize winner....

@AceAstro - 28

9MCAJMf.png

Thank you all for making this game a blast!​

Garfield Builder

I got in the top 10. I’m a happy camper. Also you said something about visualizing the steampunk city, may I direct you to the New Magic Kingdom Map thread.
Muppetsfan#1? Would you like to click the link?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Oh snap! I forgot to include the train!
Clearly it was fine without it lol

I got in the top 10. I’m a happy camper. Also you said something about visualizing the steampunk city, may I direct you to the New Magic Kingdom Map thread.
I'll have to check it out after work tonight!

Dang, this was a really competitive game (especially with there being so many ties in the final standings)! Congrats to the top 3 and the winner!
This really was competitive game. Usually in the 1sc a top 5 or so pull ahead pretty early but this was neck and neck the whole time. I don't think there's anyone here that wasn't on my shortlist for a medal at least once or twice (when I'm writing reviews I list my favorites as I go and then afterwards a reread and rank the top three for medals from the shortlist). Possibly the most talented and evenly matched 1SC ever!!

So is that it?
For now. Season 9 Episode 1 is over. But hopefully it won't be too long until it returns!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom