News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

I mean the coco spinner won’t be added capacity because it will just replace T Spin. If current plans hold it won’t be the same spinner because the coco plan is a different type of ride system.
Exactly. That’s why I say send it to DHS. Would be a pity to toss it in the trash. DHS could use a ride like that. It’s fully-stocked with E-tickets.

_caleb

So if I'm understanding where this thread is going: to address the capacity issues, we're hoping Encanto and Indiana Jones additions are mediocre attractions that people will do when they're in the parks but aren't exciting/big/interesting enough on their own to inspire anyone to make a special trip?

Timothy_Q

So if I'm understanding where this thread is going: to address the capacity issues, we're hoping Encanto and Indiana Jones additions are mediocre attractions that people will do when they're in the parks but aren't exciting/big/interesting enough on their own to inspire anyone to make a special trip?
when disney builds e-tickets: parks need variety not just big rides!! not everything needs to be an e-ticket!!

when disney builds smaller rides: why is this not an e-ticket?? I can't believe they wasted this IP on a small ride!!

ToTBellHop

when disney builds e-tickets: parks need variety not just big rides!! not everything needs to be an e-ticket!!

when disney builds smaller rides: why is this not an e-ticket?? I can't believe they wasted this IP on a small ride!!
Then there is the middle of the road. C tickets like Navi River or Mermaid and D tickets like Midway Mania. Around here, those apparently should have been E-tickets, too! At least Mermaid got an E-ticket queue!

lazyboy97o

Then there is the middle of the road. C tickets like Navi River or Mermaid and D tickets like Midway Mania. Around here, those apparently should have been E-tickets, too! At least Mermaid got an E-ticket queue!
Mermaid was never considered a C Ticket. It was a “D+” with an E Ticket budget.

ToTBellHop

Mermaid has to be the most insane queue for a mediocre ride ever. It's better than most E-tickets' queues.
I think the ride is fine but the queue sets unreasonable expectations. If placed in the same category as Pan or Pooh, it compares favorably. But, compared to Mansion? No contest.

Imagine if HM had a queue through the cellar as long Mermaid’s queue.

SpectreJordan

I think the ride is fine but the queue sets unreasonable expectations. If placed in the same category as Pan or Pooh, it compares favorably. But, compared to Mansion? No contest.

Imagine if HM had a queue through the cellar as long Mermaid’s queue.
On one hand, I appreciate that they put the effort into the queue because it's nice to look at when I'm walking around. But on the other, it was a bizarre usage of money.

& yeah, I wish HM had a queue that good. It'd elevate that ride even further.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The queue is one of Mermaid's problems with the tiny interactive TVs that aren't at a level for children to see and cause people to hold up the line.

Plus, last time I was in it (pre-pandemic), the ceiling of the queue was leaking water in a lot of places.

It's at least a higher quality than the ride itself, which is awful.

But what do I know? I'm just a pixie duster shill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom