News Test Track to be reimagined

SilentWindODoom

To be fair going 65 open air in a banked turn and that tiny dip at the doors plus the acceleration and theming is what makes it a thrill ride.
I think it is kind of neat as we are descentitized to remind you how fast it is. I remember from the original queue how fast 45mph really is with that raising impact test on the door(never really hit but slammed to a stop to show you)
If one analyzes it, rollercoasters really don't often go over 65 mph either and breaking that with launches is relatively recent. It is what they do in the maneuvers.

It was a dark ride thrill with a speedy finale.

Space Mt does not even reach 30mph.

The last time I rode it, I felt like I'd lost complete contact with the seat, my upper body hanging out as I sat on the right side of the car, only being kept in by the belt. I don't know if that's what everyone feels on the right or not, but it was plenty thrills for me. Also kinda spooked me off riding if that's not the standard experience. Don't want to end up in the lagoon.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So I guess that whole customizing your car section will be gutted

While I love that part, I do think it should have been optional, off to the side and not part of the main attraction where it doesn't really add much (also if you're good at math you could probably figure out the formula for the top score somehow).

Also the graphics are outdated and could use an upgrade.

peter11435

While I love that part, I do think it should have been optional, off to the side and not part of the main attraction where it doesn't really add much (also if you're good at math you could probably figure out the formula for the top score somehow).

Also the graphics are outdated and could use an upgrade.
You don’t have to participate. You can just stand there and not design a car.

peter11435

Yes but those people have to wait until the others finish instead of just moving to the rest of the queue
And they should have to wait. Designing your vehicle is part of the queue. It is occupying you while you wait, not delaying your experience. If the design rooms did not exist you would instead just be waiting that same time in a standard queue. Allowing people to skip that part would be essentially allowing line cutting.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So here's what I do: I go to the exit, through the gift shop and to one of the 3 screens where you can do your own car creation, then go to single rider line which doesn't have the queue portion of the car design. I'm saying do that for everyone...if you want to create your car first, do that in a separate area not in the queue line, and also not tie the car design (loosely) into the ride itself and just have it for the other post-show areas.

peter11435

So here's what I do: I go to the exit, through the gift shop and to one of the 3 screens where you can do your own car creation, then go to single rider line which doesn't have the queue portion of the car design. I'm saying do that for everyone...if you want to create your car first, do that in a separate area not in the queue line, and also not tie the car design (loosely) into the ride itself and just have it for the other post-show areas.
Creating you car does not make you wait longer

Marc Davis Fan

I wonder if there's any chance they'll enclose the "outdoor loop" portion...

Doing so would seem to solve two problems:
  1. There would be no ugly, immersion-breaking backstage views (which sort-of worked in TT 1.0, but not at all in 2.0, and surely wouldn't in 3.0 since they're not returning to the "industrial" theme).
  2. Perhaps it could run in more weather conditions?
Plus, this would allow for some cool lighting effects that enhance the sensation of speed, etc. I could imagine that coming out awesome if done right...

Earlie the Pearlie

I wonder if there's any chance they'll enclose the "outdoor loop" portion...

Doing so would seem to solve two problems:
  1. There would be no ugly, immersion-breaking backstage views (which sort-of worked in TT 1.0, but not at all in 2.0, and surely wouldn't in 3.0 since they're not returning to the "industrial" theme).
  2. Perhaps it could run in more weather conditions?
Plus, this would allow for some cool lighting effects that enhance the sensation of speed, etc. I could imagine that coming out awesome if done right...
Personally, while I think it would be a great idea to enclose it, I would rather them spend the money on excellent indoor physical sets instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom