Trip Report Fun With Friends & Family!!

Starting this TR is LOOOOONG overdue!! It's actually been hanging over me like a dark cloud for quite some time. I've wanted to start it but, you know, life, work & a few Disney trips in the mix get in the way!! Speaking of Disney, I don't know what is possessing me to start this now considering I'm heading down on Friday so that will put this on hold for a bit!! If only I(& my phone battery) had it in me to do live TR's it might make these more timely!!

WHEN: Thursday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 1st
Yep, I'm going to take you back to the fall/Halloween decorations time period!! It feels like forever ago(I guess b/c it was!!) It feels so strange talking about this when earlier this month I was able to ride Tron during the AP preview period. By the time I get to that one it will definitely be "old news"!!

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Preferred 1BR Villa(@Darstarr😘)
IMG_6348.JPEG

WHO:
Our super fun friends!!
@lindawdw & her husband!!
IMG_6431.JPEG

Our super fun family!!
I think you know us by now but as a refresher--
Niece E, Sister E, Sister C(funny, it makes them sound like they are nuns!!🤣), BIL D, Niece A, Nephew J and yours truly!!
IMG_6538.JPEG

Remember at the end of our last trip where Happy Limo forgot about us?? Yeah, me too. I really did not want to use their service ever again after that. But, unfortunately, we already had it booked for this trip so we decided to still go with them. I'm happy to report that they must have learned a lesson b/c the texts from them were a bit overkill compared to our past trips. I got this one the night before we left--
IMG_6297.PNG

Then this one a few minutes later--
IMG_6298.PNG

As you can see even though they have left a bad taste in my mouth I was still cordial!!

We had an evening flight on Thursday. We left after J got home from school. Their Halloween party was that day & I asked him what his costume was supposed to be. He told me he was dressed as "a cool kid."
IMG_6304.JPEG

While E parked the car J & I had headed through security where my suitcase had to be searched. I'll fill you in later as to what I was carrying that was so bad!!
IMG_6303.JPEG

He & I got a table at Friday's & ordered while we waited for E to get there.
IMG_6310.JPEG

Cool kid wanted to sit with me on the plane!!
IMG_6313.JPEG

During the flight I got yet another message from Happy Limo. This message confirmed who I thought would be our driver. I told E & J to be prepared. He was my driver once the year before. He loves to talk like Donald Duck. Don't get me wrong he's very good but imagine me being in a car(a grown woman) with a grown man who's talking to me in a Donald Duck voice. It was nothing short of AWKWARD!!!
So, on this run, we tried to keep the conversation flowing so the opportunity didn't come up. Knowing that he does this(@Doc Disney can attest) I could tell he was anxiously awaiting his chance to start. And boy, did he ever!! The rest of the way there!! Once we parted ways with him E was just shaking her head. I again reiterated about how I felt being in a car with just he & I!!

IMG_6320.PNG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

Out & about early for a quiet walk.
IMG_6570.JPEG

Woo Hoo!! I was able to snag one of these!!
IMG_6568.PNG

We arrived at Epcot but were just passing through for the time being.
IMG_6573.JPEG

While walking through the park I felt something coming from the sky land on my arm.🤢🤮Yuck!! So gross!!
IMG_6574.JPEG

Of course, everyone got a good laugh at my expense!! J really thought it was hysterical!! He made sure to keep his distance from me. He said he didn't want to sit by "poop arm!!" Of course, I had cleaned it up but he still acted like I had the bubonic plague!!
IMG_4460.JPEG

This was our destination!!
IMG_6577.JPEG

E was in search for a coffee & obviously not just any plain one would do!!
IMG_6578.JPEG

We went with the Baileys.
IMG_6579.JPEG

She got a hot one while I got mine cold. J got a coffee & an orange. Which he refused to let me help him peel b/c of what had been on me 15 minutes before!!
IMG_4461.JPEG

As we were leaving I realized that I wasn't actually free from it though. It was on my shirt & I hadn't realized it!! I cleaned it as best as I could but realized I pretty much had to walk around the rest of the day like that!!:(
IMG_6582.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

Look who had to have their bag checked!! Never could understand that. She had the exact same stuff going into Epcot the first time but this time there's an issue.
IMG_6585.JPEG

Our boarding group had been called!!
IMG_6586.JPEG

This was a one & done for E. She won't go on it. So, J had no choice but to ride with "poop arm" if he wanted to go on!!:p
IMG_6587.JPEG

He still did his best to keep his distance from me though!!
IMG_6589.JPEG

We went to Test Track after saving the galaxy.
IMG_6592.JPEG

IMG_6593.JPEG

Then we winded up here. We were meeting the rest of the family.
IMG_6596.JPEG

IMG_6597.PNG

IMG_6598.PNG

We sat in the wine cellar area. This is the only picture I got b/c all of a sudden I had a genius idea pop into my head!! I made up an excuse & said I'd be back shortly!!
IMG_6603.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

I was wrong. I did get a picture once I got back.
IMG_4468.JPEG

Next stop!!
IMG_6606.JPEG

The reason for my absence!! I've never worn a Disney button but that was about to change!! In hindsight, I should have wore it a little higher to cover the stain!! Anyhow, you all know our traditional family photo we take at Rose & Crown. That next month(Nov 2022-only 2 days away from then) would be the 10 year anniversary of the start of us taking that picture!! Wow, where does the time go!! So, I went & got us buttons for the occasion!! I think the CM thought it was a bit strange at first but after fully explaining it she thought(at least she acted like it) that it was pretty cool!!
IMG_7546.JPEG

Here we are, 10 years since our first one!!
IMG_6612.JPEG

Our silly attempts at making the number 10!!
IMG_6617.JPEG

IMG_6619.JPEG

We were having a blast with our little photo shoot!!
IMG_6611.JPEG

I don't know if you recall but R really gets irritated when we take this picture. He doesn't get why he can't be a part of it. We always tell him b/c he wasn't there from the start of them. So, we made sure we sent him every last one just to rub it in!! I knew deep down he was jealous b/c he told me that we looked silly!!
IMG_6616.JPEG

IMG_6620.JPEG

IMG_6610.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

See, we do let others in for a pic there, just not our traditional photo!!
IMG_4488.JPEG

IMG_6608.JPEG

J & A wanted their picture taken with the buttons!!
IMG_6631.JPEG

We really had a fun time there!!

We checked out some shops on the way out. I know we've made her take this picture before. Why? B/C that's her name!! C named their first daughter. D got to name their second. I'm sure you've figured out from this that he is a huge Beatles fan. I always joked & said what would have happened if there were twins? The other one would have been Penny Lane or Eleanor Rigby!!🤣
IMG_6636.JPEG

IMG_6637.JPEG

We headed over to the Beach Club.
IMG_6639.JPEG

IMG_6642.JPEG

We were catching a bus to Disney Springs!!
IMG_6644.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
Poop Pooping GIF by NETFLIX

Love the 10th Anniversary of the Photo at R&C

R is just too jealous

Interested George Clooney GIF

Max
Thank you!! He is jealous!! He makes it out to be like it's a stupid thing to do but I know he's just saying that b/c he isn't involved in it!!
The traditional R&C picture is fabulous as always and your attempt at making the number 10 is adorable. 🥰 Poor R must really feel left out when you go on these trips and then send him the bar picture.🤣 I love that you are having such a leisurely day enjoying the resorts and restaurants.
Thanks!! It was a lot of fun!!
He really feels left out when he's there but we won't let him in the picture!! 🤣
It was a fun day!!
I'm four pages in, but I'm here! Loving the trip so far!
Yay!! Glad you're here!!:D
Welcome to the Getting 💩 ed on at WDW Club! I got nailed last year in AK. It was in the bird habitat on one of the trails so I was an easy target.

Winston Bishop GIF by New Girl
Ugh--I feel for you. I really like felt the need to take a shower--like, right then!!
I can see how it could happen more easily in AK!!

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

We had a dinner reservation to try something new(to us) at DS!!
IMG_6647.JPEG

The entrance was pretty cool. Kind of what you would expect-hidden!!
IMG_6648.JPEG

The host/hostess stand.
IMG_6649.JPEG

The menu.
IMG_6650.JPEG

The atmosphere was pretty neat!!
IMG_6651.JPEG

IMG_6652.JPEG

I ordered the Linguine Alla Burrata. It was very good!! Unfortunately, the service was not.
IMG_6653.JPEG

Everyone enjoyed their meals but look at my sisters. E & C both got salads. E added shrimp to hers & C added chicken. Look how little the portions are!!
IMG_6654.JPEG

Again, the service was so slow. At one point quite a few of us needed refills on our water. Our waitress was either flying by us or nowhere to be found. The worst part was the water station was right next to us. It took all it had in me not to get up & get a pitcher of water for us!!
IMG_6657.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

Another thing that was driving me crazy--my chair!! I know I'm short but I really felt lost at the table for some reason. As we were leaving we figured out why!!
IMG_6658.JPEG

I had a different chair than everyone else & mine sat lower!!
IMG_6659.JPEG

I took a few more pictures on the way out.
IMG_6661.JPEG

I probably enjoyed the atmosphere there more than anything. I'm glad we tried it but we all said we wouldn't be in a hurry to go back.
IMG_6662.JPEG

After dinner we parted ways with the rest of the family. They were heading back to their resort b/c they had an early morning flight the next day. We had one more thing on the agenda at DS.

In case you were wondering why his hair was so long--he had an appointment for a haircut!!
IMG_6664.JPEG

I wandered around a bit & picked up a treat for J.
IMG_6666.JPEG

After all, the next day was Halloween!!
IMG_6667.JPEG

Love it!!
IMG_6669.JPEG

After J's haircut we walked back over to Saratoga for the night.
IMG_6671.JPEG

IMG_6672.JPEG

lindawdw

Welcome to the Getting 💩 ed on at WDW Club! I got nailed last year in AK. It was in the bird habitat on one of the trails so I was an easy target.

Winston Bishop GIF by New Girl
It happened to me in the bird habitat at AK also. 🤣 The salads with the add-ons look pretty puny! We've never been to the hideaway but always thought it might be fun to go for a drink in the evening. J looks so grown-up with his haircut and such a lucky kid to have an Aunt who buys him such delicious treats!

Last edited:

LeighM

It happened to me in the bird habitat at AK also. 🤣 The salads with the add-ons look pretty puny! We've never been to the hideaway but always thought it might be fun to go for a drink in the evening. J looks so grown-up with his haircut and such a lucky kid to have an Aunt who buys him such delicious treats!

I got hit by a bird in the same place. Luckily, it wasn't a huge bird that got me but my husband and I have worn a hat at AK ever since 🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I got nailed last year in AK. It was in the bird habitat on one of the trails so I was an easy target.
It happened to me in the bird habitat at AK also. 🤣
I got hit by a bird in the same place. Luckily, it wasn't a huge bird that got me but my husband and I have worn a hat at AK ever since 🤣
Reason #163 why AK is my least favorite park.
You should have seen how quickly I walked through that bird habitat last week!! :joyfull:

I've read somewhere that it's supposed to be good luck if you get bird 💩 on you. 🤷‍♀️
That’s a pile of 💩.

Songbird76

I was quite shocked at how much info they wanted for a lousy band-aid. I believe she had to tell them what she needed it for.
I'm surprised they didn't watch her apply it to make sure she was doing it right!!

Oh, that story gets even funnier!! Sitting in that room I don't really notice it. I'll have to pay more attention next time though!!
I do take notes(but not a lot anymore.) I remember most things from my pictures. There's a lot that I take that don't make it in the TR. I take them more to remind me of things. I take notes on things I definitely don't want to forget!!
I think it's protection against lawsuits. If they give you meds for a headache, and you have a bad reaction to the meds they give you, they need to cover their rears so you don't sue them. When we were vacationing in Wyoming several years ago, we were at a pool so all the kids could swim. (We were with my friend Karla's family, with her 3 kids and my 2) A was swimming and some kid jumped in from the side, pretty much right on top of him, and elbowed him in the head. He came out crying, and they blew the whistle for break, so all the kids had to get out. We asked for some ice to hold on his head and they handed me a three page incident report form to fill out. By the time I had that thing filled in, he didn't need the ice anymore. It was ridiculous.

Songbird76

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

Out & about early for a quiet walk.
View attachment 709768

Woo Hoo!! I was able to snag one of these!!
View attachment 709767

We arrived at Epcot but were just passing through for the time being.
View attachment 709769

While walking through the park I felt something coming from the sky land on my arm.🤢🤮Yuck!! So gross!!
View attachment 709770

Of course, everyone got a good laugh at my expense!! J really thought it was hysterical!! He made sure to keep his distance from me. He said he didn't want to sit by "poop arm!!" Of course, I had cleaned it up but he still acted like I had the bubonic plague!!
View attachment 709766

This was our destination!!
View attachment 709771

E was in search for a coffee & obviously not just any plain one would do!!
View attachment 709773

We went with the Baileys.
View attachment 709774

She got a hot one while I got mine cold. J got a coffee & an orange. Which he refused to let me help him peel b/c of what had been on me 15 minutes before!!
View attachment 709772

As we were leaving I realized that I wasn't actually free from it though. It was on my shirt & I hadn't realized it!! I cleaned it as best as I could but realized I pretty much had to walk around the rest of the day like that!!:(
View attachment 709775
Hate it when that happens. A bird got me in my back yard on my birthday last year.
319186116_10160235473521830_3151051063783241937_n.jpg

Weather_Lady

How…? Why was it in there by itself? Did the prior occupant not notice when they were packing everything from the drawer? That’s so random!
Oddly enough, we found a rogue bra in one of those drawers once, too! There's a bit of a gap on the back side: if you overstuff the drawer, an item can get wedged partially behind it and be difficult to see, and then fall back inside and slide forward the next time the drawer is opened forcefully. At least, that was our theory... 🤣

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom