News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its the same swing seat that is in the bungalows on the porch. Poly has always had issues with dining being over crowded or impossible to get into, this wont help. Wonder if they will finally add a gym, business center and community hall to be like other deluxe DVC properties
I’d be surprised if there was “meaningful” dining added. DVC blocks tend to be stripped to shunt people into the existing stuff. In this case…the restaurants at the grand Floridian that have remained closed far longer than seems would have been prudent.

ToTBellHop

Unless the "huge" studios are a different booking category and possibly different points, you will stay in the dvc room you are allocated. That's how it works -- you can request, but it doesn't have to be honored. If I was selling DVC points, as long as points are unsold and that inventory can be sold legitimately by Disney Resort, I would be ensuring that people who are paying cash but may commit to a DVC purchase as a result get the big rooms and the members get the rest. It's a business, right?
I am confident the reservation system will allow DVC members to book specifically in the present studios as they will be very different from the new rooms and therefore be assigned different point levels. They would never build more studios in this compact new building that are the same size as the current ones.

BrianLo

Over 2 million points have been added to the association.

While sales may be strong, it seems unlikely that 200,000+ points have been sold in 12 days.

Since the pandemic, DVC has been averaging around 100,000 points per month.

DVCNews has a great monthly sales tracker.

I agree it sounds absurd.

Another board thinks 75k sold the first day. Based on the timeline for the luggage to sell out (offered to the first 500 contracts >150points).

Obviously no way will the pace even remotely stay the same, but this is why this announcement timing is what it is.

James Alucobond

Since we are all comparing it to Reflections, is there anything anyone saw in what was published of that design (or what has been published of the CA hotel / DVC concepts) that resembles this feature (or the hanging vine opening towards the left) that might give us an idea?
I don't think this is anywhere near as bad as Reflections at first glance. If the non-penthouse buildings just had rounded thatch roofs and the awning on the penthouse cut straight across instead of having that modern angle, it'd be generally consistent (or, at worst, inoffensive) thematically. It's just also in a weirdly terrible spot.

SpaceMountain77

Having had the opportunity to reflect on Reflections 2.0 for the past several hours, what is most surprising to me is the timing of this announcement.

On March 2nd, existing DVC Members could purchase points for the condominium association expansion at the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Sales to the general public begin on March 31st.

Less than two weeks into its presale, why would DVC announce a condominium association expansion for Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows?

Taking an evil corporation perspective, I cannot help but wonder if this was intentionally announced today to run interference with the Disney Do Better (see https://www.whereischapek.com/ ) walkout. Today was the first scheduled walkout during a 15-minute break period, taking place at 3:00-3:15pm respective to the employees' timezone. Could this have been a lame attempt to shift attention on social media?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree it sounds absurd.

Another board thinks 75k sold the first day. Based on the timeline for the luggage to sell out (offered to the first 500 contracts >150points).

Obviously no way will the pace even remotely stay the same, but this is why this announcement timing is what it is.
Only in candy land do people suggest someone is willing to spend $35,000+ for luggage 😂

…by the way…how the hell you gonna get that from the airport to your room? 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Would not be surprised if DVC takes more orginal buildings at Poly they just did it at Grand and Wilderness but may wait to see if they can add more towers
Those moves were all predictable if you know where to look…

The next target (guess): yacht club. A lot of that hinges on the longterm Impact to business travel.

But let’s look at where rooms have been “taken”…

Dakl
Contemporary
Poly
Wilderness (huge)
Caribbean (just stupid)
GF

…almost like a “trend” or something? 🤔

vikescaper

The next target (guess): yacht club. A lot of that hinges on the longterm Impact to business travel.

Dakl
Contemporary
Poly
Wilderness (huge)
Caribbean (just stupid)
GF

…almost like a “trend” or something? 🤔
Coming soon…Disney’s All Star Villas! The newest Disney Vacation Club property.

SpaceMountain77

Only in candy land do people suggest someone is willing to spend $35,000+ for luggage 😂

…by the way…how the hell you gonna get that from the airport to your room? 🤔

@Sirwalterraleigh , you may shame me. I will be one of the luggage toters because I purchased a Theme Park View fixed week.

Trying to reserve a desired studio and view at the 11- or 7-month mark has become increasingly difficult. I hate having multiple tabs open and hoping for the best at 7:59am ET and do not have the time to walk a reservation.

Figments Friend

Am I allowed to think that the DVC is one of the chief reasons for Disney’s decline, and that members, while mostly excellent folks, may not have made the wisest choice as it pertains to the continued excellence of the resort they apparently love?

Finally.
Someone besides myself thinks the same way in regards to DVC being the 'cancer' that has helped destroy the WDW Property so many love / loved.

I have felt this way since it first started 'infecting' the property.
I watched as the focus of the Company and funds that should have been invested in the Parks was funneled away to focus on exploiting this time share racket cash grab.
It was frustrating as a Parks fan at the time...seeing this misplaced focus.
Overbuilding ( at the time ) these sprawling 'DVC resorts' that were really just ' condos' or 'apartment complexes' in thinly veiled themed buildings.
I was furious when they built the eyesore and visual intrusion next to the Contemporary....Bay Lake Tower.
Then the gigantic tower over at Cornorando...

Now, this.

😡
-

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
@Sirwalterraleigh , you may shame me. I will be one of the luggage toters because I purchased a Theme Park View fixed week.

Trying to reserve a desired studio and view at the 11- or 7-month mark has become increasingly difficult. I hate having multiple tabs open and hoping for the best at 7:59am ET and do not have the time to walk a reservation.
Congratulations…and enjoy. More power to you.

I’m a bit of a “classic” DVC philosopher. I have no interest in set rooms/weeks. Moving around was the whole design of the thing (I worked with some early “architects”)…so that’s just my thing.

Nor do I want to be in that compound with its collapsing capacity management when you have to book at 11 or 7 months out. No thanks.

And I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say that the luggage had NOTHING to do with the purchase.😎

Hotamber

Dakl
Contemporary
Poly
Wilderness (huge)
Caribbean (just
Rumor is Port Orleans is next. WDW kept it closed and watched closely to see if tower rooms at Cornardo or skyliner transportation CBR was bigger seller for similar rooms in the same moderate category. The standard WDW room of two queen beds is super outdated especially compared to the rooms at Universal Orlando which are cheaper and bigger. Majority have theme parkviews and roof top bars. Disney seems to be on this trend too now

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Rumor is Port Orleans is next. WDW kept it closed and watched closely to see if tower rooms at Cornardo or skyliner transportation CBR was bigger seller for similar rooms in the same moderate category. The standard WDW room of two queen beds is super outdated especially compared to the rooms at Universal Orlando which are cheaper and bigger. Majority have theme parkviews and roof top bars. Disney seems to be on this trend too now
…It’d be tough to get a view at port orleans 😉

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I’d be surprised if there was “meaningful” dining added. DVC blocks tend to be stripped to shunt people into the existing stuff. In this case…the restaurants at the grand Floridian that have remained closed far longer than seems would have been prudent.
There’s a Gigantic first floor indoor-outdoor restaurant in the concept art. And another restaurant on the second floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom