News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

aladdin2007

What happens when we end up with more DVC resorts than regular resorts?
It really is getting a bit scary.
I cant help but think the long term goal is to make all their parks and resorts dvc exclusive just about...sounds far fetched I know but a lot of other things I thought were far fetched about Disney have sure come to fruition.

pdude81

Initially I was assuming this would be a part of the existing association, but the wording of that press release seems to act as if it's a new offering (like CCV is to BRV), even though the last one only showed up 7 years ago. If it's a new association then it could potentially not allow resale buyers to use points there at 7 months, and even the potential for resale restrictions to only use there. And again, if a new association, then I would expect a full contingent of room types (Studion,1BR,2BR,GV, and possibly micro studios). I guess we'll have to wait on the details.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can we not have the same 15 year old go around on this?

They only build DVC because of the locked in business and higher OOP expenditures…

Rack rooms won’t be built…it’s not their market anymore.

Ironic…since they could care less about DVC right now. But they know when the covid crunch ends…they’ll be needing them. So cynical.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Initially I was assuming this would be a part of the existing association, but the wording of that press release seems to act as if it's a new offering (like CCV is to BRV), even though the last one only showed up 7 years ago.
That's not how I'm reading it.

"Since 2015, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows has been a favorite resort destination, offering an island paradise in the middle of the magic. Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows currently has 380 Disney Vacation Club villas, including the largest Deluxe Studios at any Disney Vacation Club resort at Walt Disney World and unique two-bedroom Bora Bora Bungalows, located over the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon – the first of their kind at Disney. "

That sounds an awful lot like this is an expansion of PVB.

pdude81

I cant help but think the long term goal is to make all their parks and resorts dvc exclusive just about...sounds far fetched I know but a lot of other things I thought were far fetched about Disney have sure come to fruition.
They aren't naive to the idea that people are renting out their DVC points to others instead of those people paying deluxe resort prices. But if they have a high enough contingent of rooms that are booked at 99+ percent and fully paid for, then that's a win for Disney.

DVC Exclusive.... no. That would be nuts. But if they increase their golden goose ratio then why not.

ToTBellHop

Initially I was assuming this would be a part of the existing association, but the wording of that press release seems to act as if it's a new offering (like CCV is to BRV), even though the last one only showed up 7 years ago. If it's a new association then it could potentially not allow resale buyers to use points there at 7 months, and even the potential for resale restrictions to only use there. And again, if a new association, then I would expect a full contingent of room types (Studion,1BR,2BR,GV, and possibly micro studios). I guess we'll have to wait on the details.
I will be curious to see if people balk at the current prices for only 41 years at VGF. That will probably influence their decision here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

"Since 2015, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows has been a favorite resort destination, offering an island paradise in the middle of the magic. Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows currently has 380 Disney Vacation Club villas, including the largest Deluxe Studios at any Disney Vacation Club resort at Walt Disney World and unique two-bedroom Bora Bora Bungalows, located over the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon – the first of their kind at Disney. "

It was supposed to be originally. But they’ll do a different contract. 10 year difference when it opens

pdude81

I was taking my cues more from the earlier paragraph:

“Expanding our Disney Vacation Club offerings at the Polynesian would give our Members and Guests yet another incredible option for staying close to the magic while making vacation memories that last a lifetime.”

I think they would do better locking in the 50 years of maintenance than the 41 for the same initial outlay, but again I know nothing official here.

Sir_Cliff

Looks like a relatively nice apartment complex.

Modern Disney is such a weird company that seems to turn its nose up at the idea of theming on projects like this, while going to the other extreme of high-priced, full immersion on another. Even there, though, they cut corners on things like obscuring the plain concrete building that serves as their "star cruiser" from arriving guests. There doesn't seem any direction or real feel for their product or market at all, and certainly no "Disney difference."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Looks like a relatively nice apartment complex.

Modern Disney is such a weird company that seems to turn its nose up at the idea of theming on projects like this, while going to the other extreme of high-priced, full immersion on another. Even there, though, they cut corners on things like obscuring the plain concrete building that serves as their "star cruiser" from arriving guests. There doesn't seem any direction or real feel for their product or market at all, and certainly no "Disney difference."
Not theming them allows them the option to outsource them later with more ease. That is the long game here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom