Your WDW Wish List

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
It's not to say that we'd ever see these things happen, but if you were to write out a list of the things you wish (to go in, to leave, to be changed, etc) in regards to WDW, what would be on it?
  • TTC linked to all parks by monorail.
  • Mr. Toad replacing Winnie the Pooh.
  • Skyway returned to MK.
  • TTA-type ride around World Showcase.
  • Original Journey into Imagination restored.
  • Removal and re-use of the Tomorrowland Speedway area.
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Show replaced with an Indiana Jones ride.
  • Removal of Dino-Rama and replaced with something more fitting.
  • All WDW park tickets dropped in price by at least 50%.
  • Original Polynesian lobby put back as it was.
  • Maelstrom returned as it was.
  • Frozen (and anything related to it) to disappear from this earth forever.
  • Non-mounted guns in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.
  • Return of Horizons - even if it replaces WoL.
  • Egypt pavilion in Epcot w/ride down the Nile.
  • Switzerland pavilion in Epcot w/Matterhorn ride.
  • Multiple scenes changed out in Great Movie Ride.
  • Incredibles Ride put in DHS.
  • Beastly Kingdom added to AK as originally conceived.
  • Aladdin dark ride added to Fantasyland.
  • Walkway to encircle Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake.
  • Variety of Electrical Water Pageant shows.
  • Removal of Stitch's Great Escape and addition of a decent attraction in that space.

bethymouse

Walkway to encircle the lagoon would be nice. That would be great for a marathon!;)
Switzerland and Egypt would be fabulous!
Should have never gotten rid of Maelstrom!:(
Well.... just about all of the above!:joyfull:

SW_matt

I echo the sentiment regarding the monorail, I really like the monorail but rarely get to ride when I visit due to the fact we never stay at monorail resorts! I love seeing the parts of the parks it goes through from up high.

A price drop of 50%??? That would mean tickets (from the UK) would cost £34 per day. I think the price of entry is actually pretty reasonable, food prices are a bit inflated I think but I take it could because I like it :p

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
  • More character themed rooms at the resorts (similar to the Royal rooms at POR or the POTC rooms at Caribbean Beach). I think those rooms add so much extra magic to my trips.
  • Tiana's Place to become a reality in a similar fashion as Be Our Guest (I personally think it'd be awesome to do it at POR since there's already Tiana themed rooms there).
  • Paint the Night or something equally wonderful.
  • Give Aladdin a more high quality attraction than the current magic carpets. I'd love to see a magic carpet simulator into the Cave of Wonders.
  • Replace Country Bear Jamboree with something worthwhile.
  • Philharmagic to be updated with more musical scenes (Colors of the Wind, Go the Distance, etc.) but randomized sequences like Star Tours.
  • Make Storybook Circus back into Toontown.
  • Give Space Ranger Spin detachable laser cannons.
  • Reopen Wonders of Life (with Inside Out stuff).
  • Update Universe of Energy or replace it entirely.
  • Put Maelstrom back where it belongs and update it.
  • Bring back Tapestry of Dreams.
  • Bring back The Magic of Disney Animation.
  • For Voyage of the Little Mermaid to get replaced with a Tangled musical.
  • Get rid of LMA! and expand Pixar Place to include Radiator Springs Racers and a Monsters, Inc. door coaster.
  • Change the Indiana Jones show into the ride from Disneyland.
  • Bring the hat back (I'm sorry, I know everyone here hates it).
  • Do Beastly Kingdom at Animal Kingdom instead of Avatar.
  • Either bring back the Pocahontas show in Animal Kingdom or give her a new attraction.

SyracuseDisneyFan

Have all the parks linked by monorail
More park and resort specific merchandise
A Pixar themed resort
More Disney/Pixar rides
Indiana Jones ride
Replacing Country Bear Jamboree with something else

PrincessVic

Free parking! We pay enough in our park tickets, the additional cost for the parking is a bit of a pain - especially as during a 14 day trip we spend at least 10 of those at the parks!

DisneyManOne

Here's what I'd personally like to see happen...

I'll do this in two parts, beginning with MK and EPCOT.
  • Move Walt Disney: One Man's Dream from DHS to the Town Square Theater on Main Street (but move the talking Mickey meet & greet somewhere else--maybe somewhere else in Town Square)
  • Remove Art of Disney and make Main Street Cinema a cinema again
  • Build a new theater in Adventureland in-between Swiss Family Treehouse and the Crystal Palace and bring back Legend of the Lion King.
  • Remove Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Utilize the expansion space north of Tom Sawyer Island to finally build Western River Expedition
  • Update Tiki Room and CBJ and bring back all the bits that were left out of the show when it was last refurbished (i;e Tiki Room gets Offenbach bit and sing-along part of "Let's All Sing" back; and CBJ restores the banter and a couple of the songs)
  • Give "small world" a massive new facade in the style of the DL facade
  • Update scenery on Winnie the Pooh to be done in the style of Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo
  • Demolish Stitch's Great Escape and bring back Alien Encounter
  • Move Laugh Floor to DHS and bring back Timekeeper
  • Update CoP
  • Update Buzz with new guns on the vehicles and more 3D targets
  • Remove MSEP and bring back SpectroMagic
  • Restore original EPCOT Center name
  • Demolish the tombstones and bring back original entrance plaza
  • Give SSE massive refurbishment; dump Judi Dench, add James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman; restore "Tomorrow's Child", get rid of stupid video descent, and restore original focus on communication
  • Update UoE
  • Add in weather-based pavilion in former WoL
  • Bring back Horizons (in its original place), the original Journey Into Imagination, the upstairs ImageWorks and Kitchen Kabaret (to replace Circle of Life)
  • Take Nemo out of the Seas and make them Live again
  • Add new space pavilion in-between The Land and The Living Seas
  • Take the Three Caballeros out of Mexico and Frozen out of Norway
  • Bring back Tapestry of Nations
  • Make sure all the WS pavilions get at least one ride

brb1006

* WDW needs to make a special daytime for the parks 50th Anniversary
* If WDW reaches it's 50th in 2021, I wish they could make an original electrical parade with more floats similar to Spectromagic but would feature some obscure Disney characters such as some of the cats from The Aristocats or Merlin from Sword In The Stone.
* Epcot needs alot of work with some of the countries in World Showcase.
* Bring some obscure Disney characters to some of the parks in WDW who are hardly known or exclusive to a certain park. Such as Huey,Duey, and Louie who are only found in Disneyland Paris and Toulouse and Berlioz from The Aristocats who are found in Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland.

cheezbat

Ooh...

Magic Kingdom:
-Add Fire Mountain to Adventureland
-move Laugh Floor to DHS
-Tron light cycles clone
-remove the Speedway and add Alice and other FL style rides on Speedway plot

Epcot:
-replacement for WOL with new Pavillion
-boat ride in Germany
-dark ride in Japan
-Imagination redo

Hollywood Studios:
-Star Wars(duh)
-Indiana Jones Adventure
-dual Crush's Coasters
-Move Laugh Floor here!
-Tangled replaces BATB show
-Carsland replaces Backlot and LMA show
-Muppets dark ride

Animal Kingdom:
-Mystic Manor
-TDS version of 20K Leagues
-Jungle Book dark ride
-North American section with bears, bison, elk, eagles, panthers, etc.

I can do with the ridiculous prices as long as the parks are actually worth it. It's insane how many people come to WDW yet it takes forever for them to add to the parks.

Here is my list. I'm sure i have some for the resorts but here are my ideas for parks

Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Bring back Camp Minnie-Mickey as a spot for North American Wildlife exhibits
  • Replace Avatar Land with Beastly Kingdom
  • Replace It's Tough to be a Bug with 3D offering
  • Return Everest to Opening Day special effects status
  • Revitalize Oasis Area so it becomes more than just a walkthrough
  • More characters able to be met (Bug's Life Characters, Robin Hood, Chicken Little)
Epcot
  • Update Soarin' Film to include more locations from around the world and Florida specific areas (Like Soarin' Over California)
  • Bring back Horizons, Maelstrom, and original Journey Into Imagination
  • Bring new countries to World Showcase (priority to African countries as Outpost is unsubstantial)
  • Remove Captain EO
  • Remove Leave a Legacy sculptures
  • Reuse of the upstairs of the Imagination Pavilion
Hollywood Studios
  • Rename to Disney/Pixar Studios or Disney/Pixar Adventure
  • Removal of LMA
  • Expand Pixar Place with at least 2 E-ticket attractions, and 1 table service location
  • Expansion of Star Wars land with 1 QS location, 1 merchandise location, 1 e-ticket attraction, 1 smaller attraction
Magic Kingdom
  • Removal of Stitch's Great Escape and bring Time Keeper in it's place
  • Remove Magic Carpets of Aladdin and add Aladdin Dark Ride
  • Update scenes in Carousel of Progress
  • Make Rapunzels Tower more than just bathrooms
  • Make Aunt Polly's on TSI a fully operating QS location
  • Replace Country Bears
General
  • Add Trackless rides that have been seen in Asia
  • A 5th gate with thrill ride attractions (Similar to Universal's Islands of Adventure) (WISH LIST, PEOPLE)
  • Less of a Frozen presence across the theme parks
  • More presence for Renissance era Disney films (Aladdin, Hercules, Mulan, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pochanatas)
  • More character greetings for more Disney characters (Rotation style with others)

I'm sure there is more and I'll add as I think of them

brb1006

Here is my list. I'm sure i have some for the resorts but here are my ideas for parks

Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Bring back Camp Minnie-Mickey as a spot for North American Wildlife exhibits
  • Replace Avatar Land with Beastly Kingdom
  • Replace It's Tough to be a Bug with 3D offering
  • Return Everest to Opening Day special effects status
  • Revitalize Oasis Area so it becomes more than just a walkthrough
  • More characters able to be met (Bug's Life Characters, Robin Hood, Chicken Little)
Epcot
  • Update Soarin' Film to include more locations from around the world and Florida specific areas (Like Soarin' Over California)
  • Bring back Horizons, Maelstrom, and original Journey Into Imagination
  • Bring new countries to World Showcase (priority to African countries as Outpost is unsubstantial)
  • Remove Captain EO
  • Remove Leave a Legacy sculptures
  • Reuse of the upstairs of the Imagination Pavilion
Hollywood Studios
  • Rename to Disney/Pixar Studios or Disney/Pixar Adventure
  • Removal of LMA
  • Expand Pixar Place with at least 2 E-ticket attractions, and 1 table service location
  • Expansion of Star Wars land with 1 QS location, 1 merchandise location, 1 e-ticket attraction, 1 smaller attraction
Magic Kingdom
  • Removal of Stitch's Great Escape and bring Time Keeper in it's place
  • Remove Magic Carpets of Aladdin and add Aladdin Dark Ride
  • Update scenes in Carousel of Progress
  • Make Rapunzels Tower more than just bathrooms
  • Make Aunt Polly's on TSI a fully operating QS location
  • Replace Country Bears
General
  • Add Trackless rides that have been seen in Asia
  • A 5th gate with thrill ride attractions (Similar to Universal's Islands of Adventure) (WISH LIST, PEOPLE)
  • Less of a Frozen presence across the theme parks
  • More presence for Renissance era Disney films (Aladdin, Hercules, Mulan, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pochanatas)
  • More character greetings for more Disney characters (Rotation style with others)

I'm sure there is more and I'll add as I think of them
Don't forget some Disney characters from the 70's such as Bianca and Bernard from The Rescuers movies.

captainmoch

Magic Kingdom:
- Extensive refurbs of rides such as Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Tomorrowland Speedway (with electric cars), and Buzz.
- Small Frontierland and Tomorrowland expansions. The Tomorrowland expansion would replace the Laugh Floor and expand past it.
- New nighttime parade.

Epcot:
- Figment gets a replacement. (Inside Out or original JII revamp with return of Dreamfinder)
- Ellen gets a replacement. (literally anything would be better then what we have right now...)
- Ratatouille ride at French pavillion.
- Some sort of new Future World pavilion would be nice.

DHS:
- Star Wars area themed off Tatooine, featuring e-ticket RSR-type podracing ride, Cantina diner, dedicated training academy theater, and a few minor attractions as well. The area would be past Star Tours and expand to a bit of the undeveloped backstage area behind it.
- A completely new Indiana Jones ride, going in the Sounds Dangerous/AIE theater space and some of the space around it.
- A few updates for the IJ stunt show.
- Echo Lake as a whole being made into a minor "Indiana Jones" area, including a retheme of the Studio Lot quick service into an Indiana Jones themed one.
- Pixar Place, featuring three areas: Incredibles City, Monstropolis, and Toy Story Playland. The area would be most of the back of the park, including the former LMA and Backlot Tour spots.
- Incredibles City has an Incredibles e-ticket very similar to The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman.
- Monstropolis has a relocated Laugh Floor, door coaster-esque dark ride, and Harryhausens as a dining spot.
- Toy Story Playland has the three flat, "kiddie" rides that Hong Kong and Paris have, except with a Mater's Junkyard Jamboree-esque ride themed off Woody's Roundup replacing the Green Army Men drop ride.
- Lastly, the Muppet Vision 3D entrance would be moved to where SoA is now, a Muppet dark ride would be built in that area, and SoA would become "Muppet Studios".

DAK:
- Beastly Kingdom revival, featuring 2-3 major new rides based off mythological beasts such as dragons, unicorns, etc.
- South America area, featuring new animal viewing areas and an elaborate Up-themed dark ride.
- Australia area, which could feature new animal viewing areas and types of animals to see.
- Antarctica area. It could be entirely indoors, themed to a Polar Research Center, and have animal viewing areas, a snow play area for kids (similar to the Frozen Summer Fun one), and a family dark ride.
- Some dark rides based off of animal-based Disney films, such as Lion King, Jungle Book, and Tarzan.
- The Good Dinosaur getting an area to replace DinoRama.

NonnaT

I'd like to see transportation linked between resorts, oh yes I would! Love the idea of monorail linking all the parks! I'm hoping someone from Disney Imagineering reads these forums...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom