Your Top 3

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
After being spoiled the last few years by trips to my beloved Walt Disney World every 18 months or so, thanks to a couple of unfortunate & enormous life changes, it'll be a *long* while until I can return.

Therefore, I thought I'd have fun vicariously with a survey. Through this, I'm sure I'll hear about something new to try whenever I do finally return, so thanks in advance, y'all!

So, my fellow fans of WDW, what are your top 3 favorites of the following:
A. Rides
B. Foods
C. Moments that happen on every trip

Mine are in the comments!

Note: It's been a long time since I posted here, so if this is in the wrong place, please forgive my faux pas.

Mr Anderson

Original Poster
EDIT: Well, by golly, I like y'alls formatting better, so here goes.

Rides
1. Haunted Mansion - For some odd reason, I didn't really care for this on my first trip, but I fell in love on my second and now it's my all-time favorite! The theming, the music, the story... all incredible.
2. Tower of Terror - I was terrified to go on this my first time (not a fan of heights), but my now-ex-wife talked me into it and I'm super glad she did. Again, the theming and story are incredible, and wow, so thrilling!
3. Expedition Everest - It's one of the best coasters I've ever ridden, hands down. Now if we could only get that dang Yeti to work...

Note: The original Soarin' would be on my list in place of ExEv, but unfortunately Soarin' Over the World just doesn't do it for me. Why? They use *way* too much CGI, the music isn't nearly as moving, and there aren't enough amazing & memorable scents!

Honorable mention: Pirates, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Maelstrom.

Food
1. ALL THE FOOD AT O'HANA - I've only been twice, but great googly moogly, it's so incredible. Every course is fantastic, especially the bread pudding. And the fact that you can sometimes catch the fireworks show while eating is simply amazing.
2. The incredible Dole Whip Float - I've never had a snack quite like a Dole Whip Float. It's so delicious and refreshing, without being too sweet or heavy. I literally had one for every single snack credit on my last trip.
3. The dearly departed, yet delicious Pork Shanks at Gaston - I hate that they got rid of these. I still don't know why, but I assume it's a vendor issue. These blew turkey legs out of the water IMHO and I hope they somehow return one day.

Note: If I had to choose a currently existing food for number 3, I'd pick pizza from Via Napoli.

Moments
1. Seeing Cinderella Castle from the front end of Main Street USA (I consider this the official start of my trip each time)
2. Smelling that distinctive Pirates of the Caribbean smell
3. The first time I strike up a conversation with other people in a long line (which always makes me feel at home)

If we're going into all-time moments:
1. Seeing my parents fall in love with the parks.
They had such a great time, went on and on about how amazing I am at trip planning, and how we squeezed every spare second to make the perfect trip (even though for me it was a slow pace!)
2. The moment I admitted I'd fallen in love with the parks.
I even wrote a post about it that I'll link to later.
3. Being picked to "star" in Indiana Jones Stunt Show Spectacular.
I'd loved it since I was a kid, and it was SO COOL to participate in it.

Last edited:

DisneyPrincess5

@Mr Anderson sweet thread! I hope you can go back sooner than you think!

Rides:
1. Splash Mountain-this ride represents so many aspects of the Disney "show" that I love (elaborate show scenes, awesome music, varying elements like drops and coasting, multitude of characters) and DH and I just love riding and finding something new each time.
2. Living with the Land-I've always felt connected to this ride for reasons I am not totally sure of. Maybe because on my first trip at 3 years old, I was always intrigued by the layout and structure of the Land pavilion and I kind of remember this ride, plus the original song was beautiful to me. Love the farm scene and love learning all the way through.
3. Haunted Mansion-Again, love the details, love finding new details each ride, DH and I love singing the song and changing the words to make each other laugh, and I must say that I am proud to ride it with my eyes open since I didn't open them until I was like early 20s! Wow I was missing out! I actually find it peaceful! Cool and dark!
Honorable mentions: Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Pirates, TTA

Foods
1. California Grill Filet-most amazing beef I've ever had. I cut it with my fork. I've had it with varying sides which have been amazing too including goat cheese polenta and a creamy tomato risotto
2. Stuffed pretzels-I haven't seen the jalapeno cheese one in a while, but I lurv me that cram cheese stuffed one!
3. Anything fresh from the Liberty Square Market-Love the plethora of fresh produce options. Just a nice change from all the vacation-y foods.

Moments
1. Going with my DH (who was my BF at the time) for our first trip we ever took together many years ago. Just planning it together, sharing our love for WDW together, getting excited, and then finally living the trip. I'l never forget being so happy and sharing those first trip moments together.
2. A culmination of all the family trips I took-I visited with my family and then alone with my mom from age 3 to 20. I have beautiful, cherished memories of our 25 hour (yikes) car rides down to FL, so many funny moments to look back on in the parks among us and watching others, and I am so thankful that my family had the means and the will to experience trips with me. I feel very grateful.
3. My Disneymoon-DH and I Disneymooned for 12 nights almost 4 years ago. The whole trip was just amazing. We had so much time so we didn't have to rush, we were able to take it slow and relax. We just had so much fun after the stress and planning of a wedding was over and we were finally official and married. It just brought such a sense of peace and then celebrate in our favorite place...perfect.

correcaminos

I hope you can get back sooner than you anticipate @Mr Anderson

I'll give the top 3 of everything that comes to my head first... I figure if I think of it first then it must be right. Glad you said 3 because otherwise the list would go on and on and on ;)

A: Rides
1. Test Track - we do some of the silliest poses on it.
2. Splash Mt. for the same reason and just joy I get riding
3. Expedition Everest - a well executed coaster (saying a lot coming from an Ohioan with lots of coasters here)

B: Food
1. The custard desert at Spice Road Table - saffron and pistachio was soooo goood
2. Citron tart from Les Halles - I love lemon, what can I say?
3. The bread service at Sanaa - that can be a meal in itself

C: Moments
1. When I was 5, we visited the Polynesian resort with the family. I fell in love there and then with the resort
2. On our honeymoon, we had dinner at 'Ohana and watched a shuttle launch from afar. It wasn't big but it was there.
3. First trip with our boy - he tried to eat Mickey's nose lol

newhorizons1

Rides
1. Space Mountain
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Tower of Terror

Foods
1. Boma - just Boma. I love it all
2. Veiled Maiden in the Norway pavilion. It's so simple but so good. It really is just glorified applesauce, but I love it.
3. The filet from Le Cellier - like butter

Moments
1. First ride in a park- it doesn't matter what it is, but at that point in time I am home
2. Strolling through World Showcase at night with my husband
3. Resort hopping and shopping on the monorail line - plus, we stayed at the Contemporary a lot when I was little so the smell of the place brings back so many fond memories

SyracuseDisneyFan

Rides:
1. Splash Mountain
2. Buzz Lightyear
3. Toy Story Midway Mania

Food:
1. Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches
2. Chicken Nuggets at Columbia Harbor House
3. Pasta at Via Napoli

Moments:
1. Walking into Magic Kingdom on our first full day
2. Seeing Cinderella's Castle kit up at night
3. Meeting Pooh and friends At Crystal Palace

becca_

Rides:
1. Flight of Passage
2. Tower of Terror
3. Living with the Land
Honorable mentions: POTC, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion

Food:
1. Warm Chocolate Turtle Brownie - Restaurantosaurus
2. Mickey Premium - cmon, can't leave this out!
3. PizzeRizzo pizza... don't even say it's gross because you'd be lying!

Moments:
1. The smell of the air in the morning once you step out of your door at your resort
2. Driving to the resort via DME/watching the welcome video
3. Opening your room for the first time

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Wow, great thread @Mr Anderson!

Rides:
1. Star Tours, especially when I get the combo I like. And I've been the Rebel Spy twice!
2. Thunder Mountain, especially at night and even better if it's a full moon!
3. Jungle Boat...love the jokes

Food:
1. Via Napoli
2. The fresh caramel popcorn from Big Top Souvenirs
3. The bread pudding at Raglan Road

Moments
1. The first time my daughter saw the Castle. Granted, it was pink, but she cried (I cried because it was pink!).
2. The first time we took her boyfriend, now husband, on a trip with us. It was like being a kid all over again watching him. And he cried on Star Tours - he's got this unrequited bromance with Vader...
3. Best of all? Watching my daughter walk down the aisle in the plaza at Italy in WS the morning of their wedding. We were all crying then. I certainly was when I got the bill, lol.

AndyS2992

Rides:
1. Space Mountain
2. Big Thunder Mountain
3. Splash Mountain

Food:
1. American Dream
2. Dole Whip
3. Citrus Swirl

Moments:
1. Finale to Wishes would always reduce me to a teary eyed wreck.
2. Walking through Tomorrowland lit up at night
3. Sitting down Sunset Boulevard enjoying the screams of others plunging 13 floors down an elevator shaft.

DisneyAndADoleWhip

Rides:
1. Expedition Everest; The backwards part is amazing, and the "mountain" is gorgeous, also I have chronic neck and back pain, and it's the only coaster that doesn't aggravate it.
2. Soarin'; the first version, as I've not been on the new one. I love the feeling of flying, and that orange smell...
3. Under the Sea: Journey of The Little Mermaid; I watched the early version on my 2006 copy of The Little Mermaid DVD and fell in love with it. And after hearing it was being built for real, I was so excited. I ride it three or four times every trip.

Foods:
1. Dole Whip Floats; I am addicted, I have no regrets. My record is 3 in one day.
2. Funnel Cakes; the ones from Sleepy Hollow are amazing.
3. Cinnamon Rolls; from Gaston's.

Moments:
1. A pic in front of the castle our last night there. Always a tradition.
2. Planning the trip. I have nearly as much fun planning as I do when we're actually there.
3. Disneybounding. Yeah, I'm that person. My parents never did the princess-dress thing with me as a child, so that's my way of sort of getting it now.

All-time favorite moments:
1. Walking out of MK the night of my 21st birthday after spending the day there with some friends and hearing my name shouted at the gate as my family (who I'd been missing, and lived 1,000 miles away) were waiting to surprise me.
2. Winning dream Fastpasses during the Year of a Million Dreams. One Man's Dream is now that much more special for us.
3. Visiting Disneyland this year for the very first time. I'm pretty sure I smiled the entire day, it was a dream come true for me.

belledream

Rides:
1. Space Mountain: My classic favorite. I love the queue, the music, loading dock, pulling down the lap bar, the ascent, the 'little-big' drops, and the moving platform.
2. DINOSAUR: An amazing dark ride...I love when the carnotaurus chases you.
3. Tomorrowland Transit Authority: I could ride this thing forever. So relaxing, so fun, and I always love seeing what's going on around Tomorrowland, especially Mickey's Star Traders.

Food:
1. Oak-Fired Filet of Beef - California Grill (mainly, the risotto...forget the beef)
2. Chocolate Wave - Coral Reef
3. Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake - Be Our Guest

Moments:
1. Catching a breathtaking sunset in Magic Kingdom, Main Street coming to life all lit up, and the trees beginning to sparkle.
2. Playing in Stormalong Bay with my dad and brother for hours in that sand-bottomed pool.
3. Sitting under an awning at Boardwalk Bakery while it drizzled, eating a meatball sub, bowl of soup, and a fruit tart. It was the day we were leaving WDW for Miami (to go on a Disney Cruise on our honeymoon), so while the rain semi-foiled my plans for the day and I didn't want to leave Disney, I was so happy to just be in that place, sharing a surprisingly awesome meal together, and looking forward to what was to come!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Rides:
1. Space Mountain: My classic favorite. I love the queue, the music, loading dock, pulling down the lap bar, the ascent, the 'little-big' drops, and the moving platform.
2. DINOSAUR: An amazing dark ride...I love when the carnotaurus chases you.
3. Tomorrowland Transit Authority: I could ride this thing forever. So relaxing, so fun, and I always love seeing what's going on around Tomorrowland, especially Mickey's Star Traders.

Food:
1. Oak-Fired Filet of Beef - California Grill (mainly, the risotto...forget the beef)
2. Chocolate Wave - Coral Reef
3. Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake - Be Our Guest

Moments:
1. Catching a breathtaking sunset in Magic Kingdom, Main Street coming to life all lit up, and the trees beginning to sparkle.
2. Playing in Stormalong Bay with my dad and brother for hours in that sand-bottomed pool.
3. Sitting under an awning at Boardwalk Bakery while it drizzled, eating a meatball sub, bowl of soup, and a fruit tart. It was the day we were leaving WDW for Miami (to go on a Disney Cruise on our honeymoon), so while the rain semi-foiled my plans for the day and I didn't want to leave Disney, I was so happy to just be in that place, sharing a surprisingly awesome meal together, and looking forward to what was to come!

If you like risotto, try the wild mushroom risotto at Raglan Road.

Starfan82

Rides:
1. Tower of Terror
2. Rock N Rollercoaster
3. Space Mountain

Food:
1. Steak at Mama Melrose - charred to perfection!
2. Breakfast at Chef Mickey's - the fab 5 and all you can eat breakfast. What a way to start a Disney day!
3. Dole Whip - I was late to come around to these tasty treats but now it is a must have each trip.

Moments:
1. Driving the rental car from MCO to Disney World - The pure excitement and joy of starting a new trip can't be beat!
2. Fantasmic finale - goose bumps every time!
3. Seeing the castle for the first time each trip - feels like home!

Bill Hunter

Ride:
1. Haunted Mansion
2. Expedition Everest
3. Rocki' Roller Coaster

Food:
1. Sticky Toffee Pudding from Rose and Crown
2. Charred Steak from Mama Melrose
3. Ice Cream Macaron from France

Moment
1. Sitting on MME. Just feel like my planning is done and Disney can take over
2. Watching my teen/adult children relearn how to enjoy Disney
3. My first moment when a CM goes above and beyond to ensure that I am having a good trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom