Your first Disney memory

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
No matter what your age was, what is your first memory (something that really stood out in your trip) of your first WDW vacation?

I was 4 years old when I first went to WDW, and I distinctly remember seeing Timothy at the top of Dumbo in Fantasyland. That is my very first "Disney memory" :)

I also cherish my first time meeting Minnie Mouse when I was 4. I was ecstatic!!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
DS5 [now 11], my ex and I all having a different ride we got off and said "That was fun, but I'm never going on it again!"... :eek:

DS was first on ToT,
My ex it was Dinosaur
and for me - Space Mountain

DS has since been on ToT a number of times, he figured out that it's supposed to be scary.

I figured out that if the lap restraint is actually in my lap [instead of across my knees] SM is a great ride! The first time, my long legs weren't folded in as well as they should have been and the restraint was about four inches above my knees. I felt like I was going to fall out the whole ride [I might have, now that I look back]. The next trip, I said I'd go again only because DS really wanted to but the ex didn't... That time, the CM pushed my legs out of the way and cinched the restraint properly into my lap where it's supposed to be... I rode six times in a row with DS, it was great!

The ex never did ride Dinosaur again, but she doesn't go with us anymore, so...

jonesenon4

:sohappy: my first trip was in 74 three things stand out the first was just walking thru the gate awesome feeling,and then getting the ticket books and trying to figure what ticket went with what ride. but the most outstanding memory is we stayed at jellystone campground offsite ( dont know if its still there ) but every night we could look across the lake and see the fireworks so much fun for a 12 year old. next trip sept. 24 06 at wilderness lodge 42 days and counting.:sohappy:

I was 6 the first time I visited WDW and all I remember was me ripping my hand out of my dad's hand and running as fast as I could because I saw Mickey right near the front gate at MK.. I think I almost tackled him, I ran into him so fast..

Marge10369

We were late bloomers when it came to our first trip to Disney. The kids were older and we had no idea what we were going to do with their father. He really wasn't the Disney type or so we thought. It was raining when we got to our first park - Epcot and we purchased ponchos - when my husband put that bright yellow bit of plastic with Mickey on it over his head... everything changed. A smile came over his face and he became a Disney nut. We have have been back every year, sometimes twice ever since.

:sohappy: my first trip was in 74 three things stand out the first was just walking thru the gate awesome feeling,and then getting the ticket books and trying to figure what ticket went with what ride. but the most outstanding memory is we stayed at jellystone campground offsite ( dont know if its still there ) but every night we could look across the lake and see the fireworks so much fun for a 12 year old. next trip sept. 24 06 at wilderness lodge 42 days and counting.:sohappy:
Yea Jellystone was still there last time I stayed off site in 99. I think it was next to Westgate lakes on Sand Lanke drive.

My first visit was in August of 1974--I know that I will never go in August again, even from an experience from 32 years ago...the HEAT!!!

It was just the MK back then. We stayed at Lake Buena Vista, which I believe is now the Downtown Disney area. I recall the parking lot, the tram from the lot to the Transportation Center, the monorail (I thought that this was the greatest thing ever). After we entered the MK, I watched Mickey lead a marching band down Main Street USA....they stopped and played the Star Spangled Banner as our flag was raised. And then we headed to Mission to Mars---NO idea why we had to go there first, but that was my first attraction at WDW.

M:SpilotISTC12

My first memory was when I was 4 years old and I remember being in Adventureland and taking a pic at the tiki things and I remember that the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was down for a rehab.

Boardwalk Joe's

I forgot how old I was, I wanna say between 4 or 5. We had a family trip at Disney and I was spending the day with my father. He wanted to goto Space Mountain and I was very impressionable. I honestly thought we were going to space and ride rockets so I started crying, screaming, and freaking out. My dad figured it wasn't such a hot idea so we went on TTA instead. When we went through the SM building and I heard people screaming, I realized I made a good choice! :king:

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
My first memory was when I was 4 years old and I remember being in Adventureland and taking a pic at the tiki things and I remember that the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was down for a rehab.

You're probably talking about the tiki that squirts water at you right?
I was SCARED of the tiki guys in the Tiki Room when I was younger. They really freaked me out.:lookaroun

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
I forgot how old I was, I wanna say between 4 or 5. We had a family trip at Disney and I was spending the day with my father. He wanted to goto Space Mountain and I was very impressionable. I honestly thought we were going to space and ride rockets so I started crying, screaming, and freaking out. My dad figured it wasn't such a hot idea so we went on TTA instead. When we went through the SM building and I heard people screaming, I realized I made a good choice! :king:

LOL!!! :lol:

carenyllie

What happened to the witch?

My first visit was in 1976 when I was 6 years old. I remember 2 things very well. One was that we stayed at the Contemporary in the wings and we could see the fireworks from our room. The other is when we went to the Haunted Mansion and on the lawn in front was the witch from Snow White walking around with the "poisoned apple" and she kept saying she was looking for Snow White. I was scared to death!!! I remember being afraid she would find her. When we went back the next day, the witch wasn't there so I was convinced she found Snow White and killed her. lol!!!! I've never seen that witch there ever again. Maybe I wasn't the only one scared????

Steve-B

Not my first Disney Memory, but my favorite early memory was my first sight of Spaceship Earth from the highway as my wife and I drove up on the first day of our Honeymoon/vacation for that year. :sohappy:
My corny Disney Memory :eek: : The first time we took our daughters (11 and 13 at the time), as we were walking up to the turnstiles on the way into The Magic Kingdom, I stopped the group and said to the girls, "Let's make some memories!" They just stared at me as if to say, "Dad, don't embarrass us."

figment1985

One of my first memories was when I was 4 yrs old and my mom and dad took me to the character breakfast at the contemporary. I remember Mickey sitting down with me and I felt SO special. Then I got to ride in the very front on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom!

ilovepluto23

Original Poster
One of my first memories was when I was 4 yrs old and my mom and dad took me to the character breakfast at the contemporary. I remember Mickey sitting down with me and I felt SO special. Then I got to ride in the very front on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom!

We rode in the front too when I was 10 years old, my brother was almost 3. We still have our certificates that the driver signed for us.
It's great to do with small/young children, at least once! It's worth waiting through a few monorail boardings!

MicheleK

My first memory would be back in 76 (I was eight). The drive up World drive, the trams from the parking lot to the monorail then the monorail........WOW!!! My first look down Main Street :dazzle:. My first ride on SP :eek: :eek: ......LOVED it! And of course, my first meeting with Mickey!!! :cry: :D :king:.

Now my FAVORITE memory would be three years ago when we took our DD for her eighth birthday. We have been going yearly since I was eight, so Disney is not new to her or my son (16). We asked her what she'd like to do for her b-day and she asked for a character breakfast then to go back to our vacation home and have a pool party (since we were going on a cruise in a few days, I told her no theme parks this years........ya right!). So I booked Cinderella's Royal Table for 8:00am and we got to ride in the front of the monorail with the driver..............she was thrilled! She loved all the princesses and the attention they showed her (and my son, they didn't leave him out, though I think he wished they had!!) My DH said "I bet everyone else is staying here today (he-he)", she just shot him a "look" :fork: . Then he asked her if she'd like to stay for the day instead of her pool party. She was baffled and all excited. She of course said "YES"!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: We had such a wonderful day! She got a birthday button and everywhere we went, she got sung to. My goodness, I think she had happy birthday sung to her at least 50 times and had two birthday cupcakes (one at breakfast and one at Hollywood and Vine for dinner!!). Then it was off to Fantasmic! with our priority seating card from H&V. What a day! I think she was asleep before we even hit World Drive.

sbkline

I remember visiting EPCOT and MK back in 1987, when I was 11 going on 12. One thing I remember is being very disappointed in EPCOT and thinking it totally sucked. All that "boring" science stuff when I wanted some good rides. My friends and I spent two or three days in FL in 2000....just long enough to visit the beach and the MK, and it wasn't until 2003 that I did all the Disney Parks again. I decided to do EPCOT first, just to "get it over with" because of how much it sucks. Yet I wanted to say I did it.

Surprise, surprise...I had a great time and by the end of our trip, I was hard pressed to decide if EPCOT or MK was my favorite Disney Park. LOL

popsicletrees

My first memory was from a trip when I was about three or four. We watched the afternoon parade in the MK from the train station. I remember yelling every character's name that I knew and waving trying to get someone to wave back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom