Your favorites

yedliW

I'm a huge fan of dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Who doesn't love Thanksgiving dinner? I hope it doesn't change after this long referb..

I'm not a huge fan of dinner at 'Ohana. I am just not a fan of sweet flavorings/sauces on meats, but if that's your thing, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I am, however, a big fan of breakfast at 'Ohana. I love the juice concoction they have and there is something about the eggs..

Po'Rich

If you haven't been to Boma, you really need to go. Also, my family really likes Hoop-de-doo for the fried chicken.

Try Spice Road Table in Morocco. It's different, but the food is good.

I've heard many, many complaints about the service at SRT lately. Almost everyone I have talked to mentioned that their server was extremely rude to them, and some have even said that that's just the way SRT is run/it's part of the experience. I was saddened by this because I was really looking forward to trying it in December and I'm not really up for that kind of "experience". Has anyone dined there recently and if so how was the service?

Not meaning to go OT so I will list my favorites as well:
HS: Sci-Fi, those Orbiting Oreos!
MK: We love Pinnochio's for sentimental reasons.
My absolute favorites are actually at the resorts: The Wave and Sanaa

acishere

I'll give you my favorite table service, then my favorite quick service for each park and throw in some resort TS restaurant favorites after.
  • MK: The Plaza, Columbia Harbour House
  • Epcot: San Angel Inn, Sunshine Seasons
  • DHS: Brown Derby, Starring Rolls
  • AK: Tusker House (Though you are better off going to AKL next door for TS), Flame Tree BBQ
  • Resorts: Boma at AKL, California Grill or The Wave at Contemporary, Kona at Poly for breakfast, and Trail's End at Fort Wilderness.

OliveMcFly

Disney Springs- You must go to the Ghirardelli place! OMG their desserts are heavenly!
YES! Even if we're full from dinner we make it a point to stop here. the ice cream and candy amazing and if you've ever been to Ghirardelli's in SF you'll feel like you're there just by the smell.

KikoKea

We have several places we try to eat at on every visit. Some because the food is great, others because the food is good and the decor/theme/setting is wonderful.
MK- Cosmic Ray's just because it is fun. We like to go there late, when the crowd dies down and sit near Sonny Eclipse so we can see the Tomorrowland lights outside. Also, Harbour House because it is generally quiet, especially upstairs.

HS- SciFi is the best theme at HS. Hollywood and Vine has great food. Prime Time Cafe is fun, too, with a retro kitchen theme and good food. For QS, we like ABC Commissary- nothing fancy, but there's plenty of room, the seats are comfy, and it's a good place to relax and recharge.

AK- Flame Tree BBQ is great! We love the food there and the eating area is by the water with a SE Asia vibe.

Epcot- We usually eat in the World Showcase, but if not, we go to Sunshine Seasons food court because it has great food and many choices. But the eating area can be very noisy since it is in the lobby of The Land pavilion.

Epcot WS- For QS, we like the Tangerine Cafe at Morocco. You get lots of food on a plate, so we often split one. That leaves us plenty of room for...the Kringla Bakery at Norway! We have to get an Almond Pretzel there when we visit. Their cinnamon rolls are great, too, and I've heard their sandwiches are not only interesting, but good. The UK fish and chips are good, too. For table service, we really like the food in the Norway restaurant, The Akerhus.

Trying new restaurants is fun, but seems we always go back to our favorites. One trip, we are going to eat at only new places! ;)

katieee

Our 3 must do's...
1) Ohana our number 1 - the food/atmosphere is amazing
2) Coral reef - ask for a table next to the aquarium
3) raglan road - ask for a table in the main room in view of the Irish dancing/band
(You would not be disappointed with any of these especially Ohana )

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
Magic Kingdom favorites: Gaston's (just for LeFou's Brew), Tortuga Tavern (when they're open, they have create your own taco salads there, which I love).
Epcot: quick service in Japan is really good and pretty reasonably priced as well. As far as favorite drinks when drinking around the world, the cantoloopy in China at Joy of Tea is SO good. It's cantaloupe juice and vodka. At the refreshment port in world showcase they have a dragon berry punch drink that's also really delicious.
DHS: Sci-Fi is one of my favorite restaurants on property, so I'm glad to see you included it in your plans! :) Oh, also have the dragon berry punch that I mentioned for Epcot at the concession stand for Fantasmic.

Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is a really great character buffet and they have a pretty wide selection. It's my favorite.
I've done 'Ohana for breakfast before and it was quite good as well. :)

Toad Hall

One consideration which affect smy response is the size and composition of your party. When we've had large-group (8-10), multi-generational trips, we try to hit places like Biergarten, Ohana, Whispering Canyon, etc. to make it an "experience" and to have a good variety for all. However, with smaller groups, that's where places like Jiko, Artist Point, etc. serve us better. Dining is definitely as much of the WDW experience for us, regardless of party size/composition, as the theme parks themselves.

Hockey89

One consideration which affect smy response is the size and composition of your party. When we've had large-group (8-10), multi-generational trips, we try to hit places like Biergarten, Ohana, Whispering Canyon, etc. to make it an "experience" and to have a good variety for all. However, with smaller groups, that's where places like Jiko, Artist Point, etc. serve us better. Dining is definitely as much of the WDW experience for us, regardless of party size/composition, as the theme parks themselves.
SMART MAN/WOMAN

Mickey5150

After having eaten in just about every restaurant besides Victoria and Albert's there are a few that haunt my dreams while waiting for my next trip. I won't go a trip without Columbia Harbour House in MK, clam chowder soup and fried shrimp with broccoli. Flame Tree Barbecue in AK is also a must do. At DHS either ABC Commissary or Backlot Express for their special cheeseburgers. ABC's comes with fried shrimp on top, Backlot is with horseradish and onion rings. At Epcot it's Germany and the Werther's Candy store which I believe is the only one in the US. Finally my 2 table service restaurants, Kona Cafe in the Poly is my last breakfast every time I'm in WDW, and I always get the Samoan. If there is one place I dream of more than any other it's sitting outside at Raglan Road in Downtown DIsney, enjoying the live music and in my mind the best food in all of WDW.... and a turkey leg.

Ben_since_1971

MK - LTT, BOG, Tony's
EPCOT - Rose & Crown, Via Napoli
DHS - Mama Melrose
AK - never really ate there outside the QS hamburger places

Resorts - Yachtsman. Whispering Canyon is ok, I liked the old menu better. Love HDD.

Oh - if you want to go drinking around the world, Canada, UK, Germany and Norway have souvenir mugs you can get your draft beer in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom