Your Favorite Character Dining

meeskamickey

Original Poster
My hubby and I have only been to Disney once. I am a novice!!! Anyway, I've started planning our May trip to Disney and wanted to include 1-2 character meals for our kids. I really need advice as to where we should go. My kids love all the characters and my kids are all under the age of 7. Any comments, suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Auroragirl

We loved Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom)... which has Winnie the Pooh and Friends. We went for breakfast. Super good buffet... and the characters make their rounds around the restaurant and come right to your table. If you have little ones, they might be scared... my 2 year old at first didn't like the characters, but warmed up to them later on.

Do you have princesses in your family? We really liked Akershus (Epcot). The characters are wonderful! We really really enjoyed that one!!! The food was good too, I wasn't completely thrilled about my meal, but tried my hubby's meal, and it was really good!

We are going to Chef Mickeys for breakfast in a couple of week :sohappy: .... so I'll have to let you know how that one goes. But I know it has Mickey and the gang there, and is also a buffet.

Hope this helps alittle :animwink:

mommamouse411

okay..here's the ones I have done in my favorite order:

Tuskar House Breakfast @ AK (donald, daisy, goofy, mickey, minnie)
Crystal Palace @ MK (all meals) (pooh tigger piglet)
Mickey's Backyard BBQ @ Fort Wilderness (chip dale, minnie, mickey, goofy)
1900 Park Fare @ Grand Floridian (dinner) Cinderella Prince Charming, Stepmother and Step Sisters.
Ohana's Breakfast @ Polynesian (stitch, pluto, lilo, mickey)
Akershus @ Epcot (princesses, varies who is there)
Chef mickey's breakfast @ Contemporary (fab 5)
Cape May Cafe @ Beach Resort (minnie, donald, goofy, and I can't remember)
1900 Park Fare Breakfast (pooh tigger alice mad hatter & mary I think)
Garden Grill @ Epcot (dinner) Chip n Dale, Pluto Mickey

Now mind you all these locations are loud with the exception of Akershus and Garden Grill

Okay as far as food and fun Tuskar for me.
Crystal Palace for the food..they have good desserts..
Mickey's BBQ, the food just average bbq nothing great, but the entertainment was awesome...we barely ate beacuse we dance so much
1900 Park Fare the dinner was soo much fun, the food was okay, but the step sisters were hilarious!! The breakfast was okay..it was nice to meet the mad hatter though..he did a great job!
Ohanas was fun however, I don't like family style breakfast because you don't get a variety of choices..but this one Mickey and Stitch spent a lot of time with each table it was nice..maybe we were just lucky that day..
Akershus food was good. That was family style too but they had a cold food buffet as well (cold cuts, muffins, fruits)
Chef mickey's breakfast was okay...it was really crazy in there! here I felt a little rushed but its a must do if you can make it...the characters look cute in their aprons.
Cape May Cafe Breakfast was good and beautiful resort...I just put this in bottom because the lighting in the restaurant sucked..my pictures didn't come out nice.
Garden Grill was my least favorit as far as the look of the restaurant, it was kind of drab looking and the food..the steak was good. but everything else was really mediocre..but Mickey was so cute in his farmers outfit..he actually hugn around us a couple times..

mickey2008.1

While chef mickeys has the best characters, the food and atmosphere is just blah. Its so congested and noisy. We find hat cape may has the best breakfast with great character interactions, not nearly as congested, and an overall great experience.

JCtheparrothead

While chef mickeys has the best characters, the food and atmosphere is just blah. Its so congested and noisy. We find hat cape may has the best breakfast with great character interactions, not nearly as congested, and an overall great experience.

I have to agree. I have been to both an I like cape may much better. The food is probably the best out of the character breakfasts

Cosmic Commando

I love the Ohana breakfast! We were given a window table last time and the view across SSL to the MK is amazing! Yeah, family-style can be a plus or a minus. You don't get all the choice, but you also don't have to frantically look around the room scouting where the characters are so you know when it's "safe" to make a run to the buffet table. The character interaction was great... I think we had Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. Mickey's in his Hawaiian shirt for the Poly and Pluto was very playful because we ate at around 11 or 11:30 and the place was empty(during free dining!). Did I mention the view? We still talk about how amazing it was to see the train station, the castle, BTMRR Space and Splash, and this was two years ago now.

We actually had such a good time last time that we're worried about going back and whether it can be as good again. :)

TheJonesys

I'm with LilMinnie, we love the Garden Grill and Tusker House breakfast. The garden Grill we always do in the evening before the fireworks and we did Tusker House about 10:30am, that way we didn't need to stop for lunch, but great interaction with the characters at both

drew81

I like Beach Club breakfast. It's very relaxed and usually the characters visit with you several times. The food is very good there.

Beccone

As far as food goes my family loves The Crystal Palace, it's the only character meal that both my dh and ds15 have requested for our upcoming trip. We all loved 1900 Park Fare for dinner, even the boys. The character interaction there is just awesome. For breakfast we like Ohanas, really good food. We do Chef Mickey's every year for tradition but the food is not anything special, we really just go there because we have done it on every trip we have gone on and its a nice way to see the fab 5 without lines.

jennc2001

We love Chef Mickeys! There's a ton of interaction with the characters! Crystal Palace, Ohana, and Hollywood and Vine are good ones too! I think all of them are good actually! LOL

4everDory

We love character meals! Our faves? Cape May breakfast (excellent breakfast, too!), Chef Mickey's, Akershus (breakfast), Crystal Palace, Ohanas (breakfast). Lots of people with little ones enjoy Hollywood & Vine (characters are there for b'fast and lunch only). They've just changed one of their characters...they now have Handy Manny, Leo and June, and Agent Oso (replaced JoJo from JoJo and Goliath).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom