Your Disneyland Food Suggestions

Phroobar

I'm confused as well. Do they serve different food upstairs? I've eaten down stairs and it was just ok.

From what I can see on Disney's site there are four areas in the wine building.
Mendocino Terrece is to the right next to the Blue Sky Cellar where they do wine tasting.
Sonoma Terrace is the patio on the left where you eat meats, cheeses and drink beer.
Alfresco Tasting Terrace is the upstairs patio for full wine bottles and Italian appetizers.
Wine Country Trattoria is inside upstairs restaurant with Italian food.

The whole thing seems a little redundant.

westie

I am a big big fan of Steakhouse 55. I love the prime rib and 24 layer cake! Its a very nice restaurant but I hate seeing people in t-shirts and baseball caps, blah! Uva Bar in DTD is a great place to get some fried calamari and people watch and the terriyaki chicken sandwich at Trader Sam's is tasty and the bar is really fun drunk or sober!

Travel Junkie

Yup, holidays unfortunately (end of November)... Although I guess this food and wine is going to be a thing again, or is that in the spring.

If you are coming during the holiday's they change up the food in Paradise Gardens for Viva Navidad! Definitely see the show and the food is great too.
viva.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

It was better in the olden DCA days. Now it's very average but of course priced like God made the food for you himself

It is expensive, however the WoC Dining Package, which features a 3-course meal, wine, and preferred WoC seating is $48.58 for adults. That sounds about right to me considering all that's included.

Last edited by a moderator:

GiveMeTheMusic

It is expensive, However the WoC Dining Package, which features a 3-course meal, wine, and preferred WoC seating is $48.58 for adults. That sounds about right to me considering all that's included.

It's not a bad option for the WOC package, as I'm not a big Carthay fan either, but Carthay is a bit more of an experience that matches its price tag. Trattoria is essentially Disney's version of Olive Garden at this point.

mickEblu

From what I can see on Disney's site there are four areas in the wine building.
Mendocino Terrece is to the right next to the Blue Sky Cellar where they do wine tasting.
Sonoma Terrace is the patio on the left where you eat meats, cheeses and drink beer.
Alfresco Tasting Terrace is the upstairs patio for full wine bottles and Italian appetizers.
Wine Country Trattoria is inside upstairs restaurant with Italian food.

The whole thing seems a little redundant.

An indoor Italian restaurant upstairs is news to me. I thought it was just an outdoor seating area that was always empty and had the same menu as the food down stairs.

mickEblu

Oh ok that's Trattoria. I thought Phruby was saying there is an indoor restaurant next to the upstairs patio. This whole place has always confused me but it's clear now. I guess the Trattoria is also "up stairs" but I wouldn't consider it indoors.

I think they could make much better use out of the Alfresco terrace. I'm surprised the haven't made it a fine dining experience. Like a mini/ less expansive Napa Rose or something.

Wouldn't be my first choice though.

GiveMeTheMusic

Oh ok that's Trattoria. I thought Phruby was saying there is an indoor restaurant next to the upstairs patio. This whole place has always confused me but it's clear now. I guess the Trattoria is also "up stairs" but I wouldn't consider it indoors.

I think they could make much better use out of the Alfresco terrace. I'm surprised the haven't made it a fine dining experience. Like a mini/ less expansive Napa Rose or something.

Wouldn't be my first choice though.

The upstairs area used to be a fine dining restaurant, the Vineyard Room. DCA was overrun with expensive table service when it opened and Vineyard Room was one of them that didn't survive over the years.

mickEblu

You think so? The food quality and presentation isn't that basic is it?

It's pretty basic. But being that it's in a theme park it kind of elevatates it to like
a Maggianos status. Lol

The upstairs area used to be a fine dining restaurant, the Vineyard Room. DCA was overrun with expensive table service when it opened and Vineyard Room was one of them that didn't survive over the years.

Oh cool. Had no idea. That makes sense as they could so much more with that area. As it stands, it's a cool little "hidden" gem.

EDIT: not sure why I responded to both of you at the same time but oh well.

D

Deleted member 107043

It's pretty basic.

Hmm... Maybe my memory is poor. I don't certainly don't recall it being anything to write home about, but I think I would have recalled Olive Garden level quality for the price paid.

mickEblu

Hmm... Maybe my memory is poor. I don't certainly don't recall it being anything to write home about, but I think I would have recalled Olive Garden level quality for the price paid.

I remember having some sort of sandwich so maybe I'm not the best judge but it was ok. To be honest, as an Italian man, I have never had the courage to try Olive Garden.... except for one time where it was the only option and I ordered grilled chicken and vegetables.

EDIT: I hope that didn't come across with my nose in the air. I have just been blessed with a Sicilian mom and grandma that cook their a$$es off so I don't eat Italian out very much. Hence, when I do go out for Italian it's not going to be Olive Garden, especially with all the negative reviews I have heard.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

I would rate it just slightly higher than Olive Garden myself, but it's really about the same. I haven't had anything noteworthy there in years, but there used to be a little creativity to the menu. Not so much on my last visit, though I confess I haven't looked at the menu in about six months.

SSG

I would rate it just slightly higher than Olive Garden myself, but it's really about the same. I haven't had anything noteworthy there in years, but there used to be a little creativity to the menu. Not so much on my last visit, though I confess I haven't looked at the menu in about six months.
It's no Buca di Beppo, that's for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom