Trip Report "You stop it, you bad boy Captain Hook!" **COMPLETED **

Aloha! Welcome to my first trip report!

We just returned from a 6-night stay in The World from May27-June 3rd. This was not our first trip but we tried a lot of new things! Including visiting during a holiday weekend in summer and staying at our first deluxe resort by renting DVC points.

Let's start by introducing the crew (be warned, there will be a lot of pirate talk if you couldn't tell by the title!):
IMG_3605.JPG

Poohbear-Keegan(3) we were celebrating his birthday this trip, Pluto-Ty(almost 7), Chip-Matthew(5), Minnie-Me(gan), and Mickey-DH. Thanks to Etsy for our matching shirts that DH just loves to wear;)

We ended up driving as we've done it in the past and our boys do pretty well in the car. Last trip the last 3 hours were the worst with traffic and construction. So, we decided to break it up this trip and arrived in Gainesville about 7:30pm. This way we didn't waste a night at a Disney resort by arriving after bed time. We decided to visit the Swamp while we were in town.

IMG_4045.JPG

Boys needed time to run around after 15 hours in the car and being huge college FB fans we wanted to check out their stadium. I was not overly impressed with their facilities. I will add that growing up in Nebraska in the 90's made me hate any program that came from the state of Florida so that may have had something to do with my reaction:rolleyes:

IMG_4046.JPG

Next morning we decided to drive 30 min to the next stop in Ocala for breakfast at one of our favorites, First Watch:p

On this last stretch we notice that Ty's nagging cough that he had for a week was getting a lot worse and then Matthew started complaining that his ear was hurting:facepalm: I will say we debated taking Ty to the Dr before we left but anyone with kids knows unless they have had it for 10+ days and a fever they are not going to prescribe anything. Don't want them getting immune to antibiotics and all...but we had been down this road before. Last year during Spring Break at Disney Matthew developed an ear infection on night 2 of our vacation at 2am. Screaming 4 year old in the middle of the night can put a damper on things! DH had to take him to Florida centra care the next morning.

I bet you know where I'm going with this...we decided to make a detour to Centra Care and good thing we did as they were closed the next day for Memorial Day along with the pharmacy. Note:the centra care website makes it so easy to book an appt online and we were in and out in about an hour.

Bronchitis, ear infection and two antibiotics later and we were finally ready to head to our resort!!!

IMG_3467.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

Where are we going???
IMG_3472.JPG

We arrived around 1pm our goal was 11am but we will find out that our delay was for the best. The valet guys were awesome...even refrigerated the antibiotics for us.
IMG_3473.JPG

Check-in was smooth except for this guy on his EVC decided he didn't need to wait in the line like the rest of us and almost ran me over cutting in line:mad: When I told him I was in line he just kept moving. This will be a big pet peeve of mine this trip, the total disregard for other people and the mindset that their time is more valuable. I will even get into it with a 10 year old later on...:oops:

Anyway, nicest gal at check-in. I request a building closest to the main house but also checked the box for first available room. We had an early ADR and wanted time to settle the room and get ready. She said they were cleaning it now and should receive our text anytime! In the meantime we had promised some pool time and a dole whip or 2. Dole whip floats are a great use of a snack credit!!
IMG_3475.JPG

6 going on 16!!

IMG_3477.JPG

My little pirate:)

Next:Getting into our room...maybe!

Last edited:

LeighM

Piglet brought an interesting conversation to the table...Keegan doesn't quite have his pronouns down so everyone is "he" or "him" or "guys." House full of boys what do you expect :rolleyes:

DH quickly corrected Keegan when he referred to Piglet as "him."

I was like "wait, wait, wait a minute...Piglet is a boy."

DH- "I'm pretty sure it's a girl."

Me-"Just because he's pink?!? I'm sure Kanga is the only girl."

A quick google search later confirmed I was right of course:D Poor DH has been going his whole life thinking piglet was a girl!

Anyway next was the one we'd been waiting for...

Reminds me of a debate I had with my husband LOL. He came home from work one day and asked me if I knew that Pooh was a girl. Now I've been a lifelong Winnie the Pooh fan and I had no idea what he was talking about. Apparently, a coworker of his heard on the radio that Pooh was a girl. And rather than believe me when I told him the others were wrong, he started to argue with me!!! I had to go and get the little pocket books I read as a child and show him that Milne wrote Winnie the Pooh as a male :D

amjt660

Premium Member
It took me a long time to truly enjoy tower
Once I stopped being afraid and just laughed throughout the ride I really started to enjoy it
And the ability to be creative at the top of the tower for the ride pic adds to the excitement

Last edited:

PrincessL

Original Poster
Reminds me of a debate I had with my husband LOL. He came home from work one day and asked me if I knew that Pooh was a girl. Now I've been a lifelong Winnie the Pooh fan and I had no idea what he was talking about. Apparently, a coworker of his heard on the radio that Pooh was a girl. And rather than believe me when I told him the others were wrong, he started to argue with me!!! I had to go and get the little pocket books I read as a child and show him that Milne wrote Winnie the Pooh as a male :D

Lol! Someone heard it on the radio then it must be true :hilarious: These husbands...when are they going to figure out that we are ALWAYS right;)

Megbutnotmegan

Well done, Mom!! :joyfull:

Can't wait to hear Ty's reaction to ToT. I'm a grownup and it was one and done for me!
My 4 year old LOVED ToT. He shocked me with his thrill ride interests in WDW. His only complaint about ToT was the "big eyeball." My DD is 7 and I'm pretty sure we will never get her on it because she won't do any rides that "make her belly feel funny." It's funny how different each kid is! I can't wait to hear Ty's reacton.

PrincessL

Original Poster
Jedi Training was a big deal for Ty thus a big deal for Matthew. They were looking forward to this the most.

DH had to check in 20 min before our time slot and stay with them.

This is them parading into where the stage is set up, right in front of Star Tours.
IMG_4095.JPG
IMG_4096.JPG

Matthew admitted to DH back stage that he was nervous and did not want to battle Darth.

IMG_4110.JPG

IMG_4119.JPG

Thankfully he was not in Darths group or judging from that face walking in we could have had some tears!

IMG_4117.JPG

IMG_4126.JPG

IMG_4127.JPG

Kylo Ren is a scary dude. Period.

All in all it was a good experience. The story line is kind of a stretch but it kept Keegan's attention the whole time so it was definitely entertaining.

Now, Ty and Matthews reaction after words was pretty meh compared to what I expected. It was really hot and I think the focus was on that more than anything. All in all it didn't end up being the highlight of the trip for them like we expected.

Afterwards we went to Backlot Express for QS meal. Again no food pics as we were really hungry and hot and it was stressful getting a table.

I had the chicken and Darth Vader waffles which were different... basically Mickey waffles with their standard chicken nuggets add some syrup. DH really liked his chicken salad he got. Boys had nuggets and fries. Overall it was alright.

Next: Would I be able to come through with my bribe of a Darth Vader cupcake???

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Matthew admitted to DH back stage that he was nervous and did not want to battle Darth.

Awwwww...:inlove:

All in all it didn't end up being the highlight of the trip for them like we expected.

Well, at least they can say they did it, and you'll never be sorry that you arranged it for them.

Afterwards we went to Backlot Express for QS meal.

I've always enjoyed Backlot Express. Their chicken taco salad is excellent. Maybe that's the same thing your DH ordered?

PrincessL

Original Poster
Yes, yes I was! I was excited to find them at Trolley Car Cafe. I had read all about their deliciousness in others TR's and I had to try one!! Matthew, Keegan and I brought them back to the Poly to enjoy by the quiet pool.

IMG_3614.JPG

This picture makes me want to go back and spend more time in this spot. Middle of the day and it was so quiet! Oh and I'd also like another one of those cupcakes because it def held up to the hype:p

Meanwhile, I was still waiting to hear how ToT went.

I don't do suspense...I'm the person at the movie theater who gasps and screams when the suspenseful music starts. So I'm with @bee and @Tiggerish with the one and done...road it once when I was in middle school and I'm done. Lol!

So, DH is the best Dad in the galaxy for taking Ty on it instead of me:D

Was it A:
IMG_3622.JPG

Or B:

IMG_4145.JPG

Cue suspenseful music...

It was B definitely B!!

IMG_4146.JPG

Now I don't know this because Ty made DH promise not to tell me...but he did not like it. Not like the crying get me off it, just the "maybe I'll ride it again when I'm 13." :hilarious: At least that's what he told DH on the bus ride home.

Bless him, he tries to be so big and is so confident but he's still my little boy!

Side note- Poly's bus for HS was being shared with GF. Didn't know if that was standard??

Next: An unexpected highlight of our trip

PrincessL

Original Poster
My 4 year old LOVED ToT. He shocked me with his thrill ride interests in WDW. His only complaint about ToT was the "big eyeball." My DD is 7 and I'm pretty sure we will never get her on it because she won't do any rides that "make her belly feel funny." It's funny how different each kid is! I can't wait to hear Ty's reacton.

4 wow!

It's crazy how different but the same they can be! Ty loves the coasters but he didn't like that it dropped multiple times and he'd never been on anything like it. Now Matthew would have followed him on it if we'd let him and I know it prob would have scared him for life!

Sounds like you have a lot of rider switch in your future!

PrincessL

Original Poster
Awwwww...:inlove:

Well, at least they can say they did it, and you'll never be sorry that you arranged it for them.

I've always enjoyed Backlot Express. Their chicken taco salad is excellent. Maybe that's the same thing your DH ordered?
Yes, it was the chicken taco salad! He said it was the best QS food of the trip and Refreshing to have something that wasn't fried.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Now I don't know this because Ty made DH promise not to tell me...but he did not like it. Not like the crying get me off it, just the "maybe I'll ride it again when I'm 13." :hilarious: At least that's what he told DH on the bus ride home.

How brave of him!!

Probably best to start that one as a child. Like I said, I was an adult ( in my early 40s) the first time and it was not good!

LisaBelle

I am enjoying your report! Keegan is a hoot! Love the pics of him meeting Pooh and his comment to Captain Hook cracked me up! The Pirate cruise looks like a lot of fun! I'm sure it is something the boys will always remember.

PrincessL

Original Poster
Day 3(cont.)

It was hard waking them up from nap but we had plans at 5pm! We left our room at 3:45pm surly that was enough time...

We just missed the bus for HS. Next bus was to arrrive in 18 min according to the board. 10 min in to the wait I realized I didn't have my phone:facepalm:

DH being a gentleman went running back to our room. It was so nice that we were close to all the transportation being in Takelau. 8 min would have been plenty of time but then the board changed and then the bus was in view...

DH made it back just as I we were boarding...phew:cool:

All in all it took an hour from door to our next destination which was Pixar Live! We just made it.

We had a dinning pkg with our dinning reservation being after. I was a bit nervous logistically not knowing where to picked up our tickets and the show starting in 5min!

There was a separate entrance and they had a little cart and CM were checking names off a paper list. There was no line and all went smoothly.

With us cutting it so close the CM in the venue walked us right up to reserved seating as it apparently wasn't going to be used.

IMG_3624.JPG

3 rows back, center stage. Neat that you could see all the musicians and characters but was the same as sitting front row in the movie theater you missed the whole picture.

IMG_3625.JPG

IMG_3627.JPG
IMG_3645.JPG

"Squirrel!"

Doug is a favorite of our family's. We have 2 yellow labs so we are partial to the dogs:)

Reminds me of our Bella. She's the such a lover but as soon as she catches a scent she's gone!

IMG_4182.JPG

Being in reserved seating all the ECVs were right in front of us. There was an elderly couple who held hands the entire time and durring UP he leaned over to hand her a tissue. It was the sweetest thing. I of course was already crying and this made me cry harder.

Bring your tissues:cry:

IMG_3628.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

They definitely made their point in how the music in these films is so critical. Without any words it can invoke so much emotion and along with the artwork covey the story.

IMG_3635.JPG
IMG_3637.JPG
IMG_3642.JPG

This was hands down our favorite show if not our favorite thing we did the entire trip!

AMAZING! Well done Disney!

Next:The rest of our dining package.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom