Trip Report "You stop it, you bad boy Captain Hook!" **COMPLETED **

Aloha! Welcome to my first trip report!

We just returned from a 6-night stay in The World from May27-June 3rd. This was not our first trip but we tried a lot of new things! Including visiting during a holiday weekend in summer and staying at our first deluxe resort by renting DVC points.

Let's start by introducing the crew (be warned, there will be a lot of pirate talk if you couldn't tell by the title!):
IMG_3605.JPG

Poohbear-Keegan(3) we were celebrating his birthday this trip, Pluto-Ty(almost 7), Chip-Matthew(5), Minnie-Me(gan), and Mickey-DH. Thanks to Etsy for our matching shirts that DH just loves to wear;)

We ended up driving as we've done it in the past and our boys do pretty well in the car. Last trip the last 3 hours were the worst with traffic and construction. So, we decided to break it up this trip and arrived in Gainesville about 7:30pm. This way we didn't waste a night at a Disney resort by arriving after bed time. We decided to visit the Swamp while we were in town.

IMG_4045.JPG

Boys needed time to run around after 15 hours in the car and being huge college FB fans we wanted to check out their stadium. I was not overly impressed with their facilities. I will add that growing up in Nebraska in the 90's made me hate any program that came from the state of Florida so that may have had something to do with my reaction:rolleyes:

IMG_4046.JPG

Next morning we decided to drive 30 min to the next stop in Ocala for breakfast at one of our favorites, First Watch:p

On this last stretch we notice that Ty's nagging cough that he had for a week was getting a lot worse and then Matthew started complaining that his ear was hurting:facepalm: I will say we debated taking Ty to the Dr before we left but anyone with kids knows unless they have had it for 10+ days and a fever they are not going to prescribe anything. Don't want them getting immune to antibiotics and all...but we had been down this road before. Last year during Spring Break at Disney Matthew developed an ear infection on night 2 of our vacation at 2am. Screaming 4 year old in the middle of the night can put a damper on things! DH had to take him to Florida centra care the next morning.

I bet you know where I'm going with this...we decided to make a detour to Centra Care and good thing we did as they were closed the next day for Memorial Day along with the pharmacy. Note:the centra care website makes it so easy to book an appt online and we were in and out in about an hour.

Bronchitis, ear infection and two antibiotics later and we were finally ready to head to our resort!!!

IMG_3467.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

Where are we going???
IMG_3472.JPG

We arrived around 1pm our goal was 11am but we will find out that our delay was for the best. The valet guys were awesome...even refrigerated the antibiotics for us.
IMG_3473.JPG

Check-in was smooth except for this guy on his EVC decided he didn't need to wait in the line like the rest of us and almost ran me over cutting in line:mad: When I told him I was in line he just kept moving. This will be a big pet peeve of mine this trip, the total disregard for other people and the mindset that their time is more valuable. I will even get into it with a 10 year old later on...:oops:

Anyway, nicest gal at check-in. I request a building closest to the main house but also checked the box for first available room. We had an early ADR and wanted time to settle the room and get ready. She said they were cleaning it now and should receive our text anytime! In the meantime we had promised some pool time and a dole whip or 2. Dole whip floats are a great use of a snack credit!!
IMG_3475.JPG

6 going on 16!!

IMG_3477.JPG

My little pirate:)

Next:Getting into our room...maybe!

Last edited:

PrincessL

Original Poster
We waited about 10min to meet the Beast.

He did not disappoint.

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_20170602_8049859207.jpeg

Keegan was excited but didn't want to get too close.

No hug for the Beast.

IMG_4265.JPG

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_20170602_8049859211.jpeg

Keegan did not want the Beast close to him and made it clear.

He was keeping an eye on him:bored:

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_20170602_8049859212.jpeg

The Beast tried to sneak a little closer. But he's huge there was no sneaking...

MK_BEOURGUESTCHAR_20170602_8049859213.jpeg

Keegan- "You joking me Beast??"

Beast-"Do I look like I joke?"

IMG_4268.JPG

The Beast backed up immediately and everyone was laughing!

Overall, BoG remains a favorite and we have now experienced all meals.

The ambiance is what will keep us coming back and every meal has its own pros.

Early breakfast- allows you to be in FL before the masses. Not our favorite breakfast though.

Lunch- has the best food (of meals served there) IMO and is a great value of QS credit.

Dinner- you can have wine in the castle! Meeting the Beast is a great experience and it's not as busy as the QS meals served at breakfast and lunch.

IMG_4040.JPG

As we left the castle the rain had stopped but looked as if it could start back up any second.

The decision was unanimous that we'd try our luck at 7DMT.

MK_MINETRAIN_20170602_8049877237.jpeg

Ty and Matthew were fighting over who got to sit by themselves. Apparently DH let Ty do it earlier in BTMR:rolleyes: Even though they all could have fit.

Joke was on Matthew he didn't realize he'd then be with a stranger. He won't be fighting for that again. He almost had a meltdown before we got on.

MK_MINETRAIN_20170602_8049877240.jpeg

Keegan had his hands up the entire ride! What a difference being the third child makes!!

Next: That's all folks

PrincessL

Original Poster
It began to rain again so we headed out to go back and pack:cry:

Next morning we had breakfast at Captain Corks... I mean Cooks. I called it Corks all week because that is the name of a liquor store here:hilarious:

Anyhow, I tried the tonga toast to compare to Konas. Although, the sauce at Kona is really good it's prob not worth the price jump.

Then it was on the road for us! 17 hrs later and we were homeo_O

Final thoughts...

This was a trip for Keegan so knowing the audience, it was all about the characters. The Character meals were overloaded on purpose and were a great way to meet all that we wanted an more. Will we always tour like this...no. But, I'm so happy we had the opportunity to do this with our kids. Making memories we will always have.

This was Ty's 4th trip and we are still experiencing new things. I love it! So many new projects Disney is working on makes me excited that there will always be new things for the foreseeable future!

Once you go deluxe you don't go back... isn't that how the saying goes??? The Poly now holds a special place in my heart :inlove:

Thanks for following along my fellow Disney lovers!!

Ta-ta for now!

Next: September 2017- F&W for DH and I to celebrate our 10 year anniversary!!

April 2018- trip to Naples and a day trip to Disney.

June 2019- DH's side of the family trip... 22 people. Guess who the head planner is?!?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As Waldo (the spirit of 3D) would say, "What a cute ending!"

Woody did not care for the mound of onion straws on the braised beef either. Jealous you only waited 10 minutes to see the Beast.

Planning a family trip for 22 people? Not me. Ever! :joyfull:

PrincessL

Original Poster
As Waldo (the spirit of 3D) would say, "What a cute ending!"

Woody did not care for the mound of onion straws on the braised beef either. Jealous you only waited 10 minutes to see the Beast.

Planning a family trip for 22 people? Not me. Ever! :joyfull:

Thanks!

A garnish of onions would make the dish perfect!

Good thing I love planning! I will be tested though because we have a lot of Chiefs and not a lot of Indians in that group!!

fractal

It's not just your age that makes Space Mountain somewhat a chore, it's also the age of the rollercoaster's track. It really need to be replaced. The one in Disneyland is a joy to ride.

Glad Keegan liked Pirates! and the Beast kept his distance.:D

Poly is indeed special. Expensive as heck, but special.

Looks like your hooked! Great report and looking forward to more.

amjt660

Premium Member
I loved the TR.
Your family is awesome - thumbs up to you for travelling with 4 "boys" - we can be a pain at times.

Looking forward to more reports.

Thank you for sharing with us

Max

PrincessL

Original Poster
It's not just your age that makes Space Mountain somewhat a chore, it's also the age of the rollercoaster's track. It really need to be replaced. The one in Disneyland is a joy to ride.

Glad Keegan liked Pirates! and the Beast kept his distance.:D

Poly is indeed special. Expensive as heck, but special.

Looks like your hooked! Great report and looking forward to more.

Good to know it's not just me on Space Mountain!

I am definitely hooked... DH secretly is too. He was just embarrassed to tell people he was going back so soon but is excited for F&W. Though, if we keep this every year thing up he could turn into a Val:D

PrincessL

Original Poster
I loved the TR.
Your family is awesome - thumbs up to you for travelling with 4 "boys" - we can be a pain at times.

Looking forward to more reports.

Thank you for sharing with us

Max
Thanks Max! I truly enjoyed of your witty comments!!

LMSB

It began to rain again so we headed out to go back and pack:cry:

Next morning we had breakfast at Captain Corks... I mean Cooks. I called it Corks all week because that is the name of a liquor store here:hilarious:

Anyhow, I tried the tonga toast to compare to Konas. Although, the sauce at Kona is really good it's prob not worth the price jump.

Then it was on the road for us! 17 hrs later and we were homeo_O

Final thoughts...

This was a trip for Keegan so knowing the audience, it was all about the characters. The Character meals were overloaded on purpose and were a great way to meet all that we wanted an more. Will we always tour like this...no. But, I'm so happy we had the opportunity to do this with our kids. Making memories we will always have.

This was Ty's 4th trip and we are still experiencing new things. I love it! So many new projects Disney is working on makes me excited that there will always be new things for the foreseeable future!

Once you go deluxe you don't go back... isn't that how the saying goes??? The Poly now holds a special place in my heart :inlove:

Thanks for following along my fellow Disney lovers!!

Ta-ta for now!

Next: September 2017- F&W for DH and I to celebrate our 10 year anniversary!!

April 2018- trip to Naples and a day trip to Disney.

June 2019- DH's side of the family trip... 22 people. Guess who the head planner is?!?
I enjoyed reading your trip report very much. It was wonderful! Your boys are adorable, and their photos with all of the characters are priceless. (I especially loved Keegan with the Beast- too funny) Your report made me super excited for ours this coming fall- my husband & I are heading down Oct 26-Nov 2 for a late honeymoon. I loved all of your tanks- Etsy? I just ordered one especially for our ADR at Be Our Guest- it has the outline of Lumeer on it & says 'Don't believe me ask the dishes' :D Thanks again for such a great report, you have a beautiful family!

PrincessL

Original Poster
I enjoyed reading your trip report very much. It was wonderful! Your boys are adorable, and their photos with all of the characters are priceless. (I especially loved Keegan with the Beast- too funny) Your report made me super excited for ours this coming fall- my husband & I are heading down Oct 26-Nov 2 for a late honeymoon. I loved all of your tanks- Etsy? I just ordered one especially for our ADR at Be Our Guest- it has the outline of Lumeer on it & says 'Don't believe me ask the dishes' :D Thanks again for such a great report, you have a beautiful family!

Thanks for reading and your nice comments!

I hope you and your DH have a fabulous time! At one point in my life I was like who would ever honeymoon at Disney...but now I totally get it!!! We are heading there for our anniversary as there is so much we'd like to expirience without the boys;) Are you guys planning some F&W time?

Yes, Etsy has the best Disney gear. Only problem is it's so hard to make decisions with so many options. Your shirt sounds super cute! Enjoy BoG!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom