You might be a New Englander if...

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Very Jeff Foxworthy-esque.

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping it will swim by, you might live in New England.

If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Mt. Washington is the coldest spot in the nation, and Boston gets more snow than any other major city in the US, you live in New England.

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in New England.

If you instinctively walk like a penguin for six months out of the year, you live in New England.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you live in New England.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in New England.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in New England.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A NEW ENGLANDER WHEN:

"Vacation" means going anywhere south of New York City for the weekend.

You measure distance in hours. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once. You have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day, and back again.

You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching.

You install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked.

You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend/wife knows how to use them.

You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction.

Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.

"Down South" to you means Philadelphia.

Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new shed.

Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

You find 10 degrees "a little chilly."

ImaginEAR

Ya'll think New England's all about snow? Wow.. well.. that's half of it.. It was warm today though... But that is very funny! You all can see us in all of our New England glory on American Idol. Coming to Boston baby!

dandaman

Canadian Temperature Conversions:

50 F- Californians shiver uncontrollably.
Canadians enjoy summer.

30 F- American water freezes.
Canadian water gets slightly cooler.

0 F- Southern States evacuate to Equator.
Canadians are mad they can't thaw the keg.

-70 F- All other countries huddle together for warmth.
Canadians use snowmobiles to get to work.

-220 F- Santa abandons the North Pole.
Canadians finally admit the weather is "chilly, eh?" ;)

-500 F: **** freezes over.
The Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. :lookaroun

EchoOfOphelia

Very nice Brian, remind me never to come visit you unless its between July 21 and July 23, because I only have a "summer parka".

How are you Bri? How was your May trip to Disney? Call me.

Oh and your avatar is scary.. by the way :lookaroun

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
EchoOfOphelia said:
Very nice Brian, remind me never to come visit you unless its between July 21 and July 23, because I only have a "summer parka".

How are you Bri? How was your May trip to Disney? Call me.

Oh and your avatar is scary.. by the way :lookaroun

Nice...I put a picture of me as my avatar for a change...and it's scary. Well...you look like a man! :lol:

The May trip was great!

We don't know what a summer parka is...we only have summa pahkizz.
(When you come out here...bring all of your toll collectors!!!)

Yesterday:
I get in my car...(with a coat on...I put the heat on...and turn on the seats).
I leave work and it's 80 out. (seats go off, coat is not on, AC is turned on)
I get home...it's 67...by the time I eat...it's down to 60. I stopped checking then :lol: (In a 45 minute span it dropped 13 degrees).

EchoOfOphelia

WDWFREAK53 said:
Nice...I put a picture of me as my avatar for a change...and it's scary. Well...you look like a man! :lol:

The May trip was great!

We don't know what a summer parka is...we only have summa pahkizz.
(When you come out here...bring all of your toll collectors!!!)

Yesterday:
I get in my car...(with a coat on...I put the heat on...and turn on the seats).
I leave work and it's 80 out. (seats go off, coat is not on, AC is turned on)
I get home...it's 67...by the time I eat...it's down to 60. I stopped checking then :lol: (In a 45 minute span it dropped 13 degrees).

:lol: I didn't mean YOU were scary, the whole morph..blue..lip liner.. thing, that's definately freaky :p And as for me being a man, I was getting a little bored with being the Princess of Eternia :animwink:

Glad your May trip was good, I'm leaving for Disney in 105 days and counting. We're already planning all the things we'll do on this trip, so far we're doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, I'm doing the Dolphin Experience, and Kev wants to do that Richard Petty driving thing while I'm swimming the dolphins. I told him, "be my guest, as long as my vacation isn't cut short when you go careening into a wall."

Yikes, your weather sounds horrible. It's been beautiful in the Windy City lately, so beautiful that I just had to take advantage of it and clean out my garage :veryconfu

Oh hey, did I tell you I hate a baby bunny nest in my back yard??? Hero found them and thankfully didn't make kibble out of them, but when I saw them I thought they were baby opposums! :eek: And as you know, I don't deal well with opposums, so I was so glad to find out they were bunnies. Bunnies are much cuter and don't want to bite my head off.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
You do realize that we're just going to miss each other down there...too bad :(

(I'll be there September 30-October 9)

I do have to say that that was NO opposum...that was the scariest rodent on Earth!!!

HMGhost13

i still think the funniest thing is down south here in Charlotte.

Threat of 1 inch of snow, the big news at 5 PM: Grocery Stores Run out of Milk and Bread as Charlotte Prepares for the blizzard.

I honestly don't know how this city functioned when we got 14 inches. lol

EchoOfOphelia

:( I know, I'm disappointed! I would push it back a week, but we're going for our anniversary (Sept 20) so it wouldn't really be the same. Plus I don't think I could wait a week! I'm jumping out of my skin to go, and its still four months away.

Scariest rodent on Earth is a much better description of that thing, it would have used my dog as a toothpick if it got the chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom