You have 3 wishes, what would you do to Epcot?

Grizzly Hall 71

Original Poster
Since the majority hate the current state of Epcot, I'm wondering if you had 3 wishes for it, what would you do?

1. Change WOL, to Weather Planet- Presented by State Farm. Have a KUKA theatre experience called Storm Rider where you go through nature's worst. And then a larger version of Storm Struck. Along with some side exhibits.

2. Add a little more educational value in The Living Seas. Maybe a show with Sea Lions.

3. Make ImageWorks fun and not a big Kodak advertisment.

Now you have 3 wishes, what would you do?

Epic Epcot

1. A big refurb of the Imagination Pavilion, one that includes JII 4.0, one that's a big E-Ticket + Dreamfinder, and some sort of Next-Gen 4D movie next door.

2. Some sort of bullet train/Mount Fuji roller coaster in Japan.

3. Gut WOL and start all over, a brand new, non 90s-riffic health pavilion is needed.

Grizzly Hall 71

Original Poster
1. A big refurb of the Imagination Pavilion, one that includes JII 4.0, one that's a big E-Ticket + Dreamfinder, and some sort of Next-Gen 4D movie next door.

2. Some sort of bullet train/Mount Fuji roller coaster in Japan.

3. Gut WOL and start all over, a brand new, non 90s-riffic health pavilion is needed.

Great ideas!

I agree WOL just screams 90's to me every time I see a video of it. They need to make it like a futuristic health centre.

What theme would you like to see for the 4-D movie?

C&D

Point of contention is your first statement; I think you assumed a bit too much, that a majority hate (way too strong a word) the state of EPCOT. Actually there is quite a contingency that feel EPCOT is their favorite park. And while a couple of tweeks would be welcome (especially at the inactive arenas), we certainly don't want to change too much too fast (cause that brings out the other contingency that laments all things old). :)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I am an EPCOT fan, but even I do think that EPCOT needs some help and here are my 3 wishes in pirority order:

1. E ticket ride in Japan: was part of the orginial plans for Japan. The first EPCOT MT would be a plus.

2. Do everything to add another country to EPCOT. Russia is my first, but not only choice.

3. Add an addition to Seas that would enclude a show area. I was thinking a dolpfin show, but seals would be okay.

zurgandfriend

I am one of those "Epcot is my favorite park people;" my wish list is as follows.
1. Convert the WOL pavilion to a “green” recycle reuse, and renew attraction. The Disney channel, and their young stars, has been promoting this concept this past year, it could tie right in.

2. Replace Honey I shrunk the Audience with a “Wall-E” or an “UP” 3D experience. Either film has great potential for a 3D attraction.

3. Add nations to the World showcase, with Rio de Janeiro getting the 2016 Olympic Games; Brazil would be a great county to add. It would give all and all those tour groups someplace to go too. Russia or South Africa would also make a great addition.

Texas84

1) Plant flowering cherries in Japan and have a cherry blossom festival in the spring. And an e-ticket ride.

2) Tear down WoL and put in Horizons

3) Monorail to OKW :D

SOLISIMO

1. Hope that Michael Jackson burns down (like the idea of 3d up)

2. Make the cooling station into a beer station (anheuser-busch)

3. I like the WoL state farm idea:wave:

Epic Epcot

Great ideas!

I agree WOL just screams 90's to me every time I see a video of it. They need to make it like a futuristic health centre.

What theme would you like to see for the 4-D movie?
Thanks!

Yeah. I guess they tried to avoid the whole cold, sterile and alienating feel of a hospital that most people would expect from a health pavilion by making it colorful hip and mall-like. It worked in the early 90s, but got dated really quickly.

Not sure, hopefully something original and not some tie-in. It'd be neat if they made it interactive somehow.

Krack

Not a hard question ...

1. Restore Future World back to what it was in 1989

2. Eliminate the BS notion that Disney's not going to do anything without outside sponsorship - if they took that approach with any of their other parks, fans would have pitchforks, but somehow we accept it with EPCOT

3. Open and close the entire park at the same time - no "we'll close this part of the park at X time, and this part at Y time" and no "we'll open this pavilion for January and February and then close it again for the spring" - if it's in the park, it opens at the rope drop and closes at closing.

/#4 would be to add two new countries to WS (maybe Russia and Brazil).

prattler

Epcot has always been my favorite - but being a big nerd, it goes without saying.

However, it could definitely use some plussing:

1) I know this is a HUGE stretch, especially to lump it all into one thing, but i feel like every country needs some kind of film/attraction/show. Nothing even has to necessarily be an E-ticket. I love the simple boat rides and films.

2) Imagination 4

3) Add one or two more countries. Egypt? India? Russia?

Mammymouse

My 3 wishes:

1. Something in Future World that is really from the "future" like outer space stuff. I was so excited to go on Mission to Mars when it opened, but I had such a terrible physical experience I can't go on it again. I love the idea of it but the gyroscope thing evidently doesn't mix well with my constitution.

2. A new ride at any one of the countries - Alpine tram ride at Germany? Grand Canyon flume/trek ride at the American ? Mt Fugi ride (previous post) in Japan?

3. Fix Finding Nemo ride to a first class ride. I t has such potential but IMO it falls short.

TinkerBelle8878

1. Redo Wonders of Life, so its now a similarly themed Health and Nutrition Pavillion and bring back Kitchen Kabaret. Have another quick service food alternative in this pavillion and name the meals after the characters from KK.

2. Since there's still the 'Millenium' Building, tear it down and build a new Horizons, looking towards the future ride. Incorporate what we have as tech today and still throw in some homage to the old version with the orange smell and the ride system.

3. Redo the Imagination Pavillion. Gut the ride and the downstairs Imageworks. Build a ride that brings back Dreamfinder and Figment in full and not just throwing a Figment in here and there. Bring the Imageworks playground back upstairs. The great thing about imagination is that it shouldn't be so technology based. So a new ride, much like the beloved old one, wouldn't have to be like Spaceship Earth where it becomes passe. And since its part of the pavillion makeover, have the new 3-D movie feature Figment. Make it all about his imagination.

These were really the 3 glaring problems to me that need fixing. I'd love to see Kitchen Kabaret back in the Land pavillion but I love Soarin and there's no place else to put that. And with this way, it would solve the WoL problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom