Pre-Trip You do conference. Me do Disney.

Because...eh.Why not?
tenor.gif

Husband has a work conference in Orlando, in a fancy shmancy hotel and guess who is saving up her PTO (and trying her best to save money, failing but trying) for a nice side trip for myself doing a couple of Disney parks and what not.

Well, if all goes to plan, I will be going with him August 8th - 11th. Yep. He will be in a conference 95% of the time, but I really hope he will at least get half a day to do a park or two, and the man LOVES Raglan Road so we can't skip out on Disney Springs.

Anyhoo, no set detailed plan just yet (what park what day, etc.), but I am going to do a first and share with you guys how I will possibly plan for this trip and then if all goes accordingly, this will indeed turn into a Trip Report:joyfull:. However, this will be an ultimate first for me. I have been with him on conference trips before where I mostly just hung out in the hotel room and chilled because there was really nothing else to do. The last conference we went to I got caught up with NCIS (and probably gained a few extra couch potato pounds:cautious:, but it was still nice).

This will be mostly just me doing Disney. Woot woot!:joyfull:

After I get the 100% go that I will be able to tag along, I will be back to share my ideas and hopefully get some good Solo advice on this Disney adventure.

Haha! It was funny, because I said...Solo. And, ya know...Solo...he...erm
sIRqunT.gif

*Cough!*

Side note: I have done Disney solo before but it was a very very rushed one day park hopping trip because I wanted to ride the Great Movie Ride one last time:cry:

R.I.P. Great Movie Ride
zd5ra.jpg

Well guys, I hope this happens. I'm out for now!:happy:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Woohoo! It's a go people!
giphy.gif

However...
I will be helping out my husband (will refer to him as D from now on) at the conference because he will definitely need it, and this was my own choice. I won't let him tackle this kind of thing alone.​

But why help you ask? The man is partially hosting the thing o_O

Yikes.
giphy.gif

Cue social anxiety stresses in 3...2... Ok. Ok. Deep breath. I can do this.
tumblr_n54i9fwNIZ1rkcev7o1_250.gif

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Alright! Let's trip plan!
For starters, my help will be mostly needed in the afternoons to the early hours of the morning for setup purposes and clean ups. I don't want to over stress myself and certainly don't want to put extra stress on D.

Your guys input on this will be much appreciated!

Here's the run down of the conference portion of the trip:

August 8
We drive up to Orlando (it's about an 8hr drive) after each working a half day that day. He will still be working on his laptop while I drive so I will take that off of his shoulders. When we get to the hotel, we will be setting up for the conference the next day.

August 9 - 11
He will be in the conferences until the late evening, when I need to come back to help out with hosting.

Disney Trip Idea time

Disney Solo:
Tuesday - Drive
Wednesday - Disney Springs
Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Friday - Disney Springs
Saturday - Epcot

Single day, no park hoppers.

This ^ is my original plan, and then we were thinking maybe tacking on Sunday and Monday for D to get to enjoy the parks, however, this is still currently an uncertainty.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Extra Notes

I don't care much for Star Wars, so if I miss HS, I miss it.

Please don't hate me!
zJjgp.gif

Animal Kingdom is great, but I won't be terribly heart broken (I might be though, don't know yet) for missing out on this park as well, except for Rain Forest Cafe...my favorite restaurant in all of Disney World. I know, call me weird...
6e5.gif

$$Disney Trip$$= I have to either stick to a few (3 at most) Single Park-Day Base Tickets or maybe 2-Day Park Hopper Tickets.

Food Options = I will be taking protein snacks with me and possibly a small lunch box to pack my own lunch. However, I am planning QS breakfasts and dinners.

Alright! Here you go guys! I need help with options and advice.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Extra Notes Part II
My favorite theme park is Magic Kingdom out of all 4 and am really considering just making this a Magic Kingdom + Disney Springs vacation for myself, and just maybe add an extra day with a park hopper for both D and me. We are still working on that.

I also don't care about M&Gs (Sorry to those who ultimately cherish this during their stay at Disney).

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
When my DW tags along to my conferences, I find it very helpful for her to be respectful of my focus and attention. If your DH is running the conference, it's great you can help; just make sure you are helping and not distracting. It sounds like you have had that conversation and figured out when you can be helpful and when it's best to be somewhere else, but I had to throw it out there.

Some conferences are able to get special reduced tickets to the parks, so I would check on that. If not, single-day tickets are expensive. It would be better to get a two-day ticket than two one-day tickets. I think you can add days as long as the original ticket hasn't expired.

You should be able to do Rainforest Cafe without paying to go into AK. Especially if you hit the one at Disney Springs.

Have fun!
Thank you!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Here's another thought.

Not to be crazy hypocritical, but there are a few things I would like to go do in HS that does not include Star Wars. My second favorite restaurant in all of Disney is the Sci-Fi and I absolutely love RnR and enjoy the classic shows.

So, here's my next plan idea with a 3 Day Base Tickets:

Tuesday - Drive
Wednesday - Disney Springs
Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Friday - Hollywood Studios / Disney Springs in the evening
Saturday - Magic Kingdom

Not sure I can do Epcot or AK without D. Those are his favorite parks.

@TiggerDad, great idea about doing Rain Forest in Disney Springs!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Am I able to purchase different tickets but still use them during the same stay however I wish?

Like say I want to do MK 2 full days and then maybe do Epcot, HS, and AK on a park hopper or 2.

So, 2 Day Base Tickets and 1(or 2) Park Hoppers.

Is this possible?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Actually the more I think about it, the better having those kind of options sound. What do you guys think? Doable?

Plan Trip Idea

Tuesday - Drive day
Wednesday - Magic Kingdom
Thursday - Hollywood Studios / Epcot
Friday - Disney Springs
Saturday - Magic Kingdom

I will miss out on AK completely, but I'm ok with that.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Due to spending costs and more-or-less wanting to not park-hop on my adventure (gotta keep up my energy levels), I think I am going to stick to the following schedule:

Wednesday - Magic Kingdom
Thursday - Epcot
Friday - Disney Springs
Saturday - Magic Kingdom

Yay!

Next Question:

Do they now offer the Black Magic Band 2.0 as a free band with tickets, or does it have to be purchased separately since this isn't going to be a full Magic Your Way deal?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Magic Bands are free with Disney Resort stays; they do not come with a ticket purchase. (And as @Zipitidoda said, black is not one of the included colors.) If you are not staying at a Disney resort, you may purchase a Magic Band (prices run from $12.95 for basic colors to $24.95 for specialty bands, like patterned black.) However, your hard ticket is all you need to use for admission and fastpasses......you don't need a Magic Band. (Magic Bands are also used to open Disney resort guest rooms, for the Disney Dining Plan and to charge things to the room.)

Check Undercover Tourist for tickets; you may find a *slight* discount.

I could never spend an entire day at Disney Springs solo. There just isn't enough to do there, unless you are into high-end shopping.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Check Undercover Tourist for tickets; you may find a *slight* discount.

I could never spend an entire day at Disney Springs solo. There just isn't enough to do there, unless you are into high-end shopping.
Thanks! Will definitely look into it!

I love love love Disney Springs. It's part of my Disney vacation, always!:inlove:

D is kind of the same way. Don't buy much but we like walking around and looking at everything. (That and I could very well lose him in the Lego store.):joyfull:

I am that way in the World of Disney store. Love that place. I went to Disney Springs twice on my last trip, maybe because I enjoy the atmosphere, but then again I like malls so there's that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Budget Stuff (Yeah...fun...)
giphy.gif

I know, not fun, but got to be done.

*I will be on a very tight budget, meaning will probably be taking lots of protein snacks and carrying around my lunch in my backpack.
And that brings us to what can I spend money on aside from park tickets:
  1. One Table Service meal, possibly 2 at most throughout my entire trip
  2. And a couple of souvenirs: putting a budget of $50 max on this
That's it. I got to plan this out wisely as too not overspend.

We normally pack the cooler with lunch items for the road trips anyway. Since I will need to pack food for lunches/snacks/and breakfasts, and since D will get his daily food rations from the conference, the cooler is mine!
giphy.gif

For this trip at least:p

So that brings us to Table Service Meals.

What do you guys think I should do for the Table Service Meals?
(All Opinions welcome!)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom