Pre-Trip You do conference. Me do Disney.

Because...eh.Why not?
tenor.gif

Husband has a work conference in Orlando, in a fancy shmancy hotel and guess who is saving up her PTO (and trying her best to save money, failing but trying) for a nice side trip for myself doing a couple of Disney parks and what not.

Well, if all goes to plan, I will be going with him August 8th - 11th. Yep. He will be in a conference 95% of the time, but I really hope he will at least get half a day to do a park or two, and the man LOVES Raglan Road so we can't skip out on Disney Springs.

Anyhoo, no set detailed plan just yet (what park what day, etc.), but I am going to do a first and share with you guys how I will possibly plan for this trip and then if all goes accordingly, this will indeed turn into a Trip Report:joyfull:. However, this will be an ultimate first for me. I have been with him on conference trips before where I mostly just hung out in the hotel room and chilled because there was really nothing else to do. The last conference we went to I got caught up with NCIS (and probably gained a few extra couch potato pounds:cautious:, but it was still nice).

This will be mostly just me doing Disney. Woot woot!:joyfull:

After I get the 100% go that I will be able to tag along, I will be back to share my ideas and hopefully get some good Solo advice on this Disney adventure.

Haha! It was funny, because I said...Solo. And, ya know...Solo...he...erm
sIRqunT.gif

*Cough!*

Side note: I have done Disney solo before but it was a very very rushed one day park hopping trip because I wanted to ride the Great Movie Ride one last time:cry:

R.I.P. Great Movie Ride
zd5ra.jpg

Well guys, I hope this happens. I'm out for now!:happy:

Zipadeelady

One TS I'm doing is Chef's de France. They have a baked macaroni dish that I hear is delicious. Only $18.99!

Morimoto and Homecomin' at DS is where I would love to try next. Boathouse too, but that one is a little pricey.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
One TS I'm doing is Chef's de France. They have a baked macaroni dish that I hear is delicious. Only $18.99!

Morimoto and Homecomin' at DS is where I would love to try next. Boathouse too, but that one is a little pricey.
Ooooo that does sound good!

The Boathouse is good. The ambiance is a little loud unfortunately, but the food is great, at least from our experience.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster

And now......

ocQ6Ro.gif

Food, glorious Food!

Let's talk options. What do you all think I should do and why?
I wanna hear what you guys think. :)

Epcot
World Showcase | These are the ones I have been to before:
  • Monsieur Paul - We went to this for dinner on our Honeymoon and it was very good, but very pricey.
  • Biergarten - Meh, not really big on buffet. Food ain't bad, atmosphere is fun more so with a group, but don't want to do a buffet solo.
  • San Angel Inn Restaurante - Absolutely love the atmosphere of this place! Food ain't bad and they have great Tequila
  • Akershus - Fun experience, good food, but pricey
  • Teppan Edo - Years ago, don't remember much except the experience was nice.
  • Nine Dragons Restaurant - Food was alright, not great.
World Showcase | Never have been to and would like to try:
  • Chef's de France - As @Zipitidoda mentioned, with a yummy baked macaroni dish that sounds too good to pass up because...it's macaroni!!
  • Restaurant Merekesh
  • Tokyo Dining
  • Tutto Italia
Future World | Have been to:
  • Coral Reef - This was alright. Atmosphere was cool, but don't remember the food experience.
  • Garden Grill - Always a good classic go to for me, but I enjoyed breakfast more so than dinners.
Forgive me because I am missing a good chunk of good restaurants.
Feel free to add to this and let me know what you think.

**Remember, I am on a very limited budget**

Next list up, Magic Kingdom.​

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Oh! Also take into consideration that I don't mind going to the Deluxe hotels for food!

I love love love the Poly's Kona and O'hana.:inlove:

At AKL, I have been to Sanaa and Boma as well. Those are good but too pricey for this trip.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom
What I have had:
  • Be Our Guest - Atmosphere = awesome! Food...eh...erm. Dinner + the gray stuff is delicious, but breakfast...I won't ask the dishes. Yeah, I was very shocked at the breakfast. Not good at all.
  • CRT - Love the Atmosphere, breakfast was below sub par. Never had dinner there though. Very pricey, but love the experience of eating in the castle, and would consider it this trip solo.
  • Gaston's Tavern - Not a table service, but I ate there on my last solo trip and the food was great.
  • Jungle Navigation Co. - I didn't care for it that much, atmosphere nor food.
  • Tortuga Tavern - Eh...no comment.
That's it!

Share your thoughts, hates, likes, "KB's crazy!" exclamations, etc.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Alright! So, since the feedback is on the down-low for everything (and also having a very slow work day to consider things), I do believe I have all of the plans ready.

Trip Plans - Here we go!
full

Yep, I do spreadsheets (and I try to overprice so I don't in turn overspend).
Sunday is still up in the air because I don't want D overwhelmed with work and trying to do Disney so I am leaving this up to him. However, the rest of the trip is as follows.
Tuesday
Drive
Dinner at Raglan Road (If not Tuesday night, it will be another night that week)

Wednesday
Magic Kingdom
Take a bus to Magic Kingdom, then hop on the monorail to the Poly.
Then after breakfast at Kona, hop on the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom.
*Note: Because my help will be needed in the evenings, I won't be able to stay late at the parks. So no fireworks this time around.
Uber back to the hotel.

Thursday
Epcot
Shuttle to Epcot
Late lunch/early dinner at San Angel Inn

@Zipitidoda, I think I will leave Chef's for the next time, so D can try out the macaroni with me:)

Friday
Disney Springs

Saturday
Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Be Our Guest
(I know it doesn't have the greatest food, but since it is a QS meal with being inside Beast's castle, I couldn't pass up.)

Alright!
As with all trips, everything will probably not go to plan, but hopefully
D and I will still get enjoyment out of our stay in Orlando.

Thanks for reading!
giphy.gif

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Wow, you are a planner!! :hilarious: I need your skills on spreadsheets!

Shockingly I've only eaten at BOG out of all the rest of your choices. I've wanted to try Raglan Road for awhile. I bet the atmosphere is pretty neat.
Raglan Road is a must do every trip for us! (Think D made it into a tradition.:cautious:)

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Quick Update

Because I don't want to pass up on Hollywood Studios, new plans:

The only change was for Thursday, August 9th at Hollywood Studios instead of Epcot.

Even though GMR no longer exist:cry:, I really don't want to double up on a park during our stay.

Here's the new itinerary for that Thursday:
Shuttle to Hollywood Studios
Late Lunch/Early Dinner at Sci-Fi Cafe
Uber back to hotel afterwards

Yep. That's it for the quick update. Thanks for following along!:D

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Another update
Yep, because KB plans and plans, and sometimes re-plans...

For budgeting purposes, and also trying to help D out more so with the conference, I decided to cut back on my own park visits because D definitely wants to do a couple of parks the last day. So, I gotta save save and save some more!

Without further or do, here is the final plan!

Yes, I said final like I believe it is the final plan...which it will probably change like 5 or six more times just like I changed my college degree idea when I was a Freshman...

August 7th
Drive
Check in at Hotel
Disney Springs - Dinner at Raglan Road

August 8th
Disney Springs

August 9th Base Day Ticket
Uber to Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Be Our Guest
Uber back to Hotel

August 10th Base Day Ticket
Uber to Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at Rainforest Cafe
Uber back to Hotel

August 11th
Disney Springs
(Yes, I love this place...don't judge me)

August 12th Park Hopper Tickets
Transfer to the All-Stars (if they aren't completely booked)
The reason we will have to transfer is because we can't really afford a continuous stay at the conference hotel. The conference peeps are paying for that suite we will be staying in because D is hosting.
Uber (or Disney Motor Coach) to Magic Kingdom with D
He is going to pick out the place or places to eat that day
Monorail to Epcot
Bus or Uber back to the hotel we are staying

-----

Alright! So folks, I hope this will be it.
Yes, I know I kinda flipped flopped between what parks I should do, but you try picking out 2 specific parks between 4 great ones. I had to go back and check budgeting because we had some extra unknown expenses pop-up this year and I have to really be careful with spending.

Well, I hope my Trip Report will be a whole lot more straight forward than this. You know, planning is always part of the fun! :joyfull:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Did I say final?! :cautious: What I meant was...​

3rd times a charm
D won't be able to do any Disney (except Raglan Road) now because he realized that he wanted to focus everything on the conference, and said that he really only needs my help in the morning, instead of at night.

Pretty much, my help will ultimately be needed in driving to and from Orlando and clean up duty in the mornings after he hosts evening parties. None of which I mind, but now after knowing I got more time for me at Disney, well that changes everything...
tenor.gif

Had to redesign from scrap of course.;)

In short:

3-Day Base Ticket
Day 1: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at Rain Forest Cafe

Day 2: Disney Springs

Day 3: Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Be Our Guest

Day 4: Epcot
Dinner at San Angel Inn

That's it! That's it! I'm done!
DefiantCapitalAndeancat-size_restricted.gif

If it changes again??....you will read about it in the Trip Report.:cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom