Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

cjkeating

I was thinking a while ago that whilst the general consensus seemed to be that Everest would close once Avatar was open with the expected attendance boost would it not make sense to close the ride before the influx of guests? I know some people may doubt if Avatar will move attendance but it is clear TDO think it will so they might as well close the ride while it is quieter and annoy guests who were going anyhow instead of people making a special trip or first timers.

Fingers crossed for the yeti... I don't have a trip planned until 2017 so if it gets fixed I will be praying it keeps going until then!

Cmdr_Crimson

Maybe they will bring the boats back to distract everyone. ;)
tumblr_static_batman-laughing.gif

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This is good news. How long will take before Disney recognizes that it's better to just spend the damn money to fix stuff rather than wait years at a time and be cheap.

I wonder if Disneys execs and accountants treat their Mercedes and their BMW's with the same care they treat the parks? I wonder if their brakes start to squeal if they have it repaired or just drive it till the wheels fall off?

Last edited:

PhilharMagician

I am in one way shocked that they will take down EE for an extended period, but EE is way passed due for a extended refurb since it has been running nearly nonstop since February 2006!

With that said IMHO I do no doubt that EE will have a refurb, but fixing the yeti to it's prior glory just does not seem likely from what we have heard about the footings not being able to support the intense movement. ONe can only hope.

Splash Mountain, Rock n Rollercoaster, Buzz, Test Track, all E-ticket rides are taken down for refurb regardless of whether a new land is opening or guest complaint during that time. They just try to minimize it's total impact as far as time of year. Animal Kingdom got along before Everest, it will get along while Everest is down a bit. The time it will be down is just a splash in the bucket to the total even-flow the parks have in the big picture. The purse strings were the bigger issue, not the closure.

docandsix

Well, that figures. They'll fix the dang thing just when I've had my fill of TDO's neglect of WDW and have sworn off the place for at least the next five years.

IF it is fixed, what are that odds that it's still working in 2020? I'd sure like to see A-mode again, because it is awesome.

Kamikaze

For me the Yeti has become a symbol of what's wrong with Disney these days. They accept "good enough" quality in part because most guests don't know the difference. They've done it in the past too (anyone remember "Mission to Mars"?) but it's been happening too often lately.

I agree 110%.

If they really do this - it will definitely be a large step in the right direction for WDW.

Macca250

If this gets fixed it'll raise EE to a new level for me as I've never witnessed A-mode. Whenever I ride I can't help but think that the Yeti would make one hell of an addition to the experience, and the whole 'strobe-light' B-Mode has made me apprehensive to add it to my list of favourites. So fingers crossed for a successful fix and I'll happily reconsider! Although, I will miss the Disco Yeti jokes....:oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom