Yet another MNNSHP question

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
*Excuse the typo in the subject. LOL!

I know you guys are getting annoyed by these for sure, but I have a few questions about MNSSHP. This is my first time not just for this one, but for any of the After Hours events.

1) There are two parades. Which does everyone prefer? Also, does anyone know where each steps off from and which direction it heads? We love watching Spectro from on top of the Train Depot, and we'd like to catch "Boo to You" from there as well.

2) How are the crowds usually for the first few "parties". We are going to the September 15th one, and are they like Christmas at WDW? Ya know, "either you go on Christmas Day or on December 4th, it's all the same!"

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

1) I think most people prefer the second parade. From what I see, all the families with little kids who don't plan on staying really late catch the first parade, then head home after that. The second parade is way way way less crowded. We found a front curb spot on main st. 5 minutes before the second parade began, no problem. Although you may want to stake out a spot earlier for the train depot. I am not certain of the parades route, but I know it ends coming down main st. towards the depot.

2) They only sell a limited number of tickets for the party to make a comfortable amount of people there. It is not crowded really. If you time things right, it can be very very very nice. We are still into the rides, with the nightime perspective, so that's what we spend our time doing. ALL of the rides are walk on during the parade, and the park seems like a ghost town, however once the parade ends, the crowds pick up a bit, but not as much as before the parade since families have begun to leave. Trick or Treat lines move very quickly as well if you would like to hit those. As far as which party would be more crowded, I can just tell you that in mid-October when we went it was very nice and managable.

DisneyCanadian

*Excuse the typo in the subject. LOL!

I know you guys are getting annoyed by these for sure, but I have a few questions about MNSSHP. This is my first time not just for this one, but for any of the After Hours events.

1) There are two parades. Which does everyone prefer? Also, does anyone know where each steps off from and which direction it heads? We love watching Spectro from on top of the Train Depot, and we'd like to catch "Boo to You" from there as well.

2) How are the crowds usually for the first few "parties". We are going to the September 15th one, and are they like Christmas at WDW? Ya know, "either you go on Christmas Day or on December 4th, it's all the same!"

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

1) the second/later parade is the one you one to see, it follows the same path as the regular parade, if you get a guide map it will show you the parade route, i also suggesting watching the parade in front of the liberty tree tavern, i found the crowd to be lighter there.

2) i was there last september for the first one, if i remember correctly it was the 4th 5th or 6th, ill have to look at my "key to the magic kingdom", however, the crowd was super light, so you don't have to worry about lineups and not getting to see everything, the party is just the same in my opinion, you won't miss out.

Dj Corona

I guess if you have to pick between the two, add another vote for the 2nd parade, although the more chances to see the Headless Horseman, the better for MNSSHP....also for the Halloween parties, (or at least the one's I've been to, and mentioned already) lines for the rides are ridiculously short, and no pun intended, towards the end of the night, the park does really seem like a ghost town.....hope you have a great time either way!!!:D

Tinkrbell

I have always watched the parade from in front of the art of disney store on main street & never had a problem with crowds. We would usually watch it twice, once to take pictures & once to really enjoy it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'll go against the grain here....I prefer the first parade. We stake out a spot on Main St watch the first parade and then hang around for the fireworks. After the fireworks is when we hit the attractions as the park is almost deserted from then until close.

Eyorefan

I'll go against the grain here....I prefer the first parade. We stake out a spot on Main St watch the first parade and then hang around for the fireworks. After the fireworks is when we hit the attractions as the park is almost deserted from then until close.

I have to go with Master Yoda on this one. We usually stake out a spot on Main Street for the first parade, watch the stage show and grab a something to eat while we wait.

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
Thanks again everybody!!! I was curious about the parade route because a few years ago we did MVMCP and it took FOREVER before the parade reached us at the Train Depot! We just didn't want to deal with that again. I think for this one we are going to pop a squat in Frontierland. I just wish we had enough time to put together awesome costumes! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom