Yensid40's Pre-Trip 2010!

24 Days, 22 Hours, 53 min, 54 sec...

I have been putting off this pre-trip because I did not want to to it until there was less than 30 days left in the countdown. Of course it happens that this past week has been rather busy with school and work and the various other activities that go on in our family.

Everybody ready? Here we go!

The Cast:

Stephen:
(Yensid40) I have been going to Disney since the late 80's, which is pretty good since I was born in '86. I participated in the Disney College Program during the Spring 2006 semester and stayed on as a seasonal cast member up until this past year. I am also an adventurous reader and an aspiring high school English teacher. I play the drums and quite often can be found jamming to my all time favorite band; Rush. But enough about me...

Karissa: My wife. We just got married in September and this will be out first trip down as husband and wife. I suppose that is what we will be celebrating. She has been to Disney what I believe is 4 times. She has only been with me twice, Christmas 2006 and then again August 2008. Though she is not as crazy about Disney as I am... she is getting there. Rather, I am getting her there.

Jennifer: Jen is my sister-in-law. She is a CPA so this trip can not come soon enough for her. Luckily the firm she works with encourages their employees to take time off after the tax season so we are good there. Jen has been to Disney in the past but it was back when Horizons, World of Motion, and CommuniCore was still hanging around and Studios was not even built. She is extremely excited to see the changes that have happened though a bit disappointed when I told her that 20,000 leagues had closed a number of years back.

Cheryl: Also my sister-in-law and Jen's partner. Yup that's right... whoever posted that thread about Gay Days look out we gut sum gays over here 'n thar gunna be doin' sum gay stuff! :rolleyes: Anyway... sorry. Cheryl has been before but it is the same story as Jen. It has been years since she was down there last. Cheryl can get motion sick rather easy so she is hesitant to go on a lot of attractions. She said that's okay since the trip is really going to be for:

Alexis: Jen and Cheryl's 4 year old daughter, until 3 days into the trip when she becomes their 5 year old daughter. Alexis came from Guatemala when she was 9 months old. This will be her first time going to a Disney park. Ladies and Gentlemen we have a first timer. We just told her last night and while her reaction was somewhat limited we know she will be excited when we get down there. She has nothing to base it on so how can she be excited? She has been watching some recorded travel channel specials about Disney World so she will start to get an understanding of what we are really going to be doing. Needless to say she is quite excited about the plane ride and the pools, not sure what to think yet about the parks... To be five.

The Sound-stage:

We will be staying at Disney's Pop Century resort. There was a lot of scuttle around the boards awhile on staying at this resort because its low-class or low-income or whatever. This has been my resort of choice since it first opened. I would rather spend less on a resort room since we are hardly in it. I understand why some people spend large amounts of money to stay at the Poly or the Grand. I am not saying that is wrong. It just does not fit to our kind of vacation. My wife and I have always found the cast at POP to be very friendly and accommodating even though it is a cheaper resort. I must say though that I do miss sitting on a balcony with a morning coffee. This alone could get me to switch to a deluxe.

The Transportation:

Will be flying Delta out of Boston Logan to MCO. Delta was not really my first choice but when you are trying to find the cheapest flights from one international airport to another, beggars can't be choosers. It's one of the first flights of the day too so how delayed can it get?? :lookaroun Famous last words. We will also utilize the DME. I don't remember what we did prior to this starting up. We are saving so much now that we don't rent a car or take a Mears or any of that. I love it! Even if we don't get our bags until later on, or it takes a little bit to get to the resort, the price is certainly right.

The Shooting Schedule:

Thursday 4-29: Our flight leaves Boston at 7:00 AM. For us that means getting to the airport at 5:30 AM. Which means leaving our homes at 4:30 AM. Getting up at 3:30 AM. Going to bed the night before?? Maybe. We land in Orlando at 11:00 or so and plan to be at the resort by 1:00. I need to head to Access Control to get some things worked out and then check in. We will be heading to Downtown Disney to play for a little but and then go to the Poly for our gastronomical adventure at Ohana.

Friday 4-30:
We have Magic Kingdom on the schedule today. It will be closing at 7:00 PM for Grad Nite! so I think it will work out. Touringplans suggested this park anyway. Tonight will be my Wife and I's date night so we are going to Boma and then Jellyrolls for libations and some singing.

Saturday 5-1:
Animal Kingdom? This will be Jen and Cheryl's date night. They will probably end up doing the same as us. We booked then a table at Boma since that is what they asked for.

Sunday 5-2:
Epcot / Studios? I have not really planned this day. I left it for a lets see whats going on and how Alexis is reacting to the parks kind of day. Maybe some swimming or some relaxing.

Monday 5-3:
Magic Kingdom / Epcot / Studios? :shrug: Al I know here is that it will be Alexis' birthday which means we have a table at Chef Mickey's in the morning. I have not been to Chef Mickey's in years so I am absolutely excited for this. I can't wait! We were thinking a Kitchen Sink at night too for a birthday celebration.

Tuesday 5-4:
The last park day. We will play it by ear and see what we want to go back and do. We have a table at Cape May for the clambake. This is something that I did with my parents all the time when we would visit.

Wednesday 5-5:
Unfortunately Delta has not been good to us. We booked our flights a long time ago and they have since changed. Our flight now leaves at 11:00 AM. We didn't have anything planned today but I don't like leaving so early. :cry: DME to Orlando the back to Logan. Reality.

Now then...

Lights...
Camera...
ACTION...

EDIT:
I have set up a Twitter account. If anyone is interested in seeing Walt Disney World through the eyes of a first timer five year old, follow me at Yensid40 over on Twitter. From wait time to photos and a bunch of random things come on over to Twitter!

tiaragirl

Sounds like a great trip! I'm sure Alexis will have a great time.. 4 is such a key age in the World. =) We'll be there around the same time, and we've got an EPCOT/Studios day planned for the 3rd so if you see a crew of Canadian girls powering around be sure to stop and say hi!

harveyt0206

Sounds like a great trip Stephen. I love that this will be your first Disney trip as "husband and wife". I have friends who recently stayed at the Pop and they love it too. Have a great trip and looking forward to the post trip report.

Yensid40

Original Poster
Sounds like a great trip! I'm sure Alexis will have a great time.. 4 is such a key age in the World. =) We'll be there around the same time, and we've got an EPCOT/Studios day planned for the 3rd so if you see a crew of Canadian girls powering around be sure to stop and say hi!

Right the winkers... :ROFLOL:

Yensid40

Original Poster
I like her already!

You must be getting excited, ahaha.

We started talking about this trip last May. We booked in November. I have been excited since day 1. Now that we are only 23 days away, I am flipping out. I can not wait. I am excited for every aspect of this trip including the grease ball park burgers haha.

tiaragirl

We started talking about this trip last May. We booked in November. I have been excited since day 1. Now that we are only 23 days away, I am flipping out. I can not wait. I am excited for every aspect of this trip including the grease ball park burgers haha.

Ahaha, I might have you beat.. *committed* to this 2 years ago after March break grad trip.. booked in October.. dyyyyying to get there but I have to get through exams first :( But still, 26 days.

Yensid40

Original Poster
Wow. Haha

I have a week of classes after I get back. Luckily with the program I am in we hardly ever have a final exam. Professors mostly like to focus on the progression of work throughout the semester.

I don't know how you can commit 2 years in advance. I would be going absolutely bonkers at this point... I pretty much already am. I have started a packing list... wrote out directions for parents to feed the cat and check on a few things around the house. I am about 15 minutes from pulling the suitcase out to start packing! I think I have lost it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom