Year of the Tiger...err.. Mouse

During the Chinese Year of the Tiger, we enjoyed an incredible Year of the Mouse. Our YofM includes 4 trips to the world and 2 other mouse sightings back at home.

Our cast of characters:
DH: Mouse loving adult to the nth degree who plans the trips and hypes the countdowns. Not a park commando, but can spend the day just soaking in my happy place.
DW: Mouse loving adult who puts up with me and reminds me we have 3 small kids. Prefers soaking in the sun by the pool and time at the parks at night when the sun has disappeared. Shopping must be included in some manner.
DD: starts the voyage as a 9 year old but ends it a 10 year old - loves the world, not a princess or fairy. Thrill seeker who enjoys a few rides for the first time.
DS: overly energetic 4 year old who ends the voyage as a beyond energetic 5 year old. Starts the trip not tall enough for the rides he wants, and ends the voyage an inch shorter than he wants for SM and EE
DS: the only one who remains the same age (3) through the entire journey. Our Autistic child who adores fireworks and screams when they are over. We apologize to all of those poor souls around us at the end of Illuminations.

Other characters will be introduced as the year continues.

Some of the other realities, we are DVC owners since 2008. DVC is the only reason we were even able to attempt this adventure. Our DVC guide is amazing and there will be shout outs to her later on. We purchased Annual Passes for the first time ever with the assistance of both the DVC discount and the Give a Day, Get a Day volunteer promotion. Those two discounts saved us about $800 in park tickets.

Our park game plan is usually sleep in, enjoy the resort, close a park down using the EMH whenever we can. We look at this model as a way to avoid crowds and get the kids tired so they crash on the way home.

Enough with the pre-ramblings, lets begin.....

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 7 - Dinner at Olivia’s and MK

We enjoyed the resort and pool in the morning and decided we would like to sit down for a nice dinner. We called Disney Dining and began playing the game “Who has an opening for 11 for tonight?” And you would be surprised with the answer, about 5 sites had spots for that many at a normal dinner time. We chose Olivia’s. It looked nice when stayed there in March, but we never enjoyed eating there. So we loaded up and headed to the Kidani bus stop. We boarded the first park bus that came to us, Epcot. Rode to Epcot and sprinted from the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus drop off to the Old Key West drop off, for the record, they were pretty much at opposite ends of the bus loading. OKW’s bus arrived as half of our party arrived to the pickup. We loaded up, and off to Olivia’s!

Grandma with the YDS
5365610545_64f73c22f0.jpg

The cousins clowning around (he isnt asleep)
5365610951_18f7248fd2.jpg

And YDS fell asleep as we arrived and slept most of dinner
5366224138_42ac8c3903.jpg

I am not sure if it is tradition for guests to have a birthday at Olivia’s, but it seemed like every table had at least one birthday, except for ours.

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 7 Continued MK

From dinner, the bulk of us went for a night at MK.

Of course the little guy was asleep again
5366200770_a87b1f012b.jpg

We finally got the ride wimp youngest cousin (in grey) to go on a roller coaster, yes it was Barnstormer, but a roller coaster is a roller coaster. EDS is just hamming it up for the camera.
5365611491_6e555ea359.jpg

EDS woke up and it was time for him to enjoy the Royal Carousel, which everyone does enjoy
5366224896_cfde0efb7c.jpg

5366225608_8bf384ec26.jpg

5366226168_c2f4806566.jpg

5365613859_5fa63787c5.jpg

We ended up in our new most favorite location to watch a parade in Frontierland, sure, I’ll share. We had zero crowds, a little ledge to sit on, and RIGHT on the rope.
5365614281_beb7cedd8d.jpg

The creative water artists were near and I asked them to paint right in front of us. They finished as the MELP arrived.
5366227468_c0d926dfe9.jpg

EDS has no idea why he is in there, I just get this warm fuzzy feeling knowing he isnt going anywhere for a little while.
5365614929_40ab52aeae.jpg

And then it was time to leave MK for our last time, on this trip.
5365615567_b74de84738.jpg

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 8 - Epcot and DHS

Our last full day, words no one wants to utter, but in ways we knew it was coming. It is officially Dec 23 and the crowds were starting to pick up. We were running out of laundry detergent and we have hit every park at least once, some had many visits. We split into 2 groups, some off to DHS and we went to Epcot. The plan was to meet up at DHS for the night.

EDS and YDS were enjoying the sun and warm weather waiting for the Epcot bus
5366228966_f7f17c8b13.jpg

Our visit to Epcot was really not ride themed, more fill in the gaps, check out a few countries, and meet up for a walk to DHS.

Off the bus, EDS decided he was going to walk the cow herder to the gate. He lasted 2 gates.
5366229216_0e6d7ab145.jpg

Once in side, we separated with the idea to meet in 1.5 hours. EDS and I went to find the Coca-Cola Cool Shop. We tried a few drinks, him VERY reluctantly so I couldnt get a camera shot of his reaction, but here he is with Beverly. We will try again next visit.
5365617177_2459028a97.jpg

Met up with DW and YDS who was enjoying France. Its not everyday when you can let the rascal out of his stroller and just run. He discovered a loop with this sign and specifically the poster.
5366230804_8a17889222.jpg

And DW found the sun and believed she was in Paris, but with a lot of english speakers around her, in mouse shirts, but she still believed.
5366231134_c9de157dda.jpg

Grandma finally met up with us, and we ventured off to DHS by the International Gateway and through the Boardwalk, did I mention we like the Boardwalk area?

Grandma was a little perturbed at our slow walking legs and just left us in the electrical dust.
5366231534_1e878084f0.jpg

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 8 - DHS

We arrive to find out the other half of our group is in line for the character drawing class waiting to go in. We sprint to the animation pavillion, go in the out door, drop DW off with the group, and the boys and I disappear.

DD drawing her second most favorite character, Sorcerer Mickey :)
5366231928_454f439c7b.jpg

Dinner was to be at a place with Macaroni and Cheese, but no one ordered it. Here’s DNi at dinner
5366232232_2064c40dba.jpg

Then off to the spectacle called the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Amazing work! We didnt spend too much time since the pseudo-snow made us feel like it was home. It just tasted funny.
5365620497_707ac3d3c1.jpg

5366234008_620b66a9f6.jpg

Off to Fantasmic! We entered through the wheelchair entrance, which is the exit for the show. Very odd to wait with about 100 of your closest friends versus the usual 7000. We sat early, back rows near the middle and had good views. The kids required entertainment, out came the phones, cameras, and any other trick til the show began.
5365621469_cd7d058afd.jpg

5366234628_be9accdaf5.jpg

5365622437_34199a2e74.jpg

Then it was time to go back to Kidani, for one last night :(

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 9 - The end

Up “early” and the mad packing game began. This game is a challenge inside a GV since there are many more nooks and crannies AND 6 kids to become easily distracted.

We all headed to the front desk around 11am for our luggage departure. We said goodbye to the in-laws as they shoved 6 into a small car and off to breakfast. We jumped on to our traditional DTD end of visit trip. The logic of DTD after luggage is packed is simple, no LARGE ITEM purchases, just smaller ones that can be placed into a carry on. It has worked well, however I just jinxed myself for our next visit.

I am impressed that after a week of vacation and being in close quarters, the boys wanted to be together on the bus :)
5366235624_bccf0b49e7.jpg

Even the older two were bonding over a large Dalmatian :) And we must remember not to let the 5 year old hold the tester lotion. We overly lotioned every part of the body we were permitted to in public, and we were still dripping of Orange-Coconut lotion.
5365623223_95932461d3.jpg

Then off to the Toy Store with super PotatoHead pay table
5365623585_9ae073a5d8.jpg

And we ended up at World of Disney for our final shopping. YDS loved the clock that never moved. The CM door opened and they always saw him, never once squashed.
5365624555_2cc4cb7642.jpg

And then, the final bus stop and our last DT bus (used a stunt double) :(
5366237668_9b33616692.jpg

5365625155_92174a6d3a.jpg

On EVERY bus trip, our youngest has been fascinated by the Toy Story 3 poster. I asked the driver where we might find a copy, he said if you like it, take it. With a little bit of prying and some force, out the poster came. He looked at it, held it, and drooled all over it. His favorite souvenir. We still find him sleeping with it nightly.
5366238364_369de76938.jpg

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 9: The End continues

It’s Christmas Eve, we are leaving our happy place, we arrive back at KDV around 4:30pm to catch our 5pm DME back to MCO. As we walk into the lobby, Stitch is there to say good bye along with some guy who isnt licensed by Disney, how very odd.
5365626161_05bf7151ff.jpg

5366239318_323bb251a5.jpg

Bathroom breaks, get our carry ons, and advance to our comfortably painful chariot away from our happy place :(

He looks exhausted, but he never slept on the way home
5365627401_aebb070f85.jpg

They did play nicely
5365628015_51e817d2d9.jpg

Until the EDS one wanted to torment the YDS
5366241800_4a225e9dea.jpg

And then it was Chicken Nugget time at MCO
5365629765_4d598c1b95.jpg

Word of advice, MCO’s foodcourt shuts down at 7pm on Christmas Eve. Food was scarce.

And that ends our December trip.

What did we learn? Boardwalk is wonderful. The setting it creates and the theming is wonderful. Its location location location could not be beat. We also learned a Grand Villa is amazing. Animal Kingdom Kidani Village’s theming is beautiful. The animals are all around and available to be enjoyed 24/7. And we need to take more pictures, especially as the week continued.

We are so happy DVC came into our lives and we have been able to enjoy it as much as we can. The costs might not work for others, but we want to enjoy WDW as much as we can, probably annually and DVC allows us to do this.

Things we should have done, had a pre-trip meeting just to talk about the expectations of two families with differing needs and wants and how we can all coexist. We did have two incidents, but we came through them stronger and no hard feelings exist, that I am aware of.

We made it home around 1am, unpacked the car, sent the kids to bed, and reset the counter to 37 days.

etpinge

Original Poster
Day X - T-minus X-Y

February is nearly upon us and we are planning for a trip with my family. This trip is much shorter and my parents are putting us up offsite, which will be odd. No DME, no EMH, we have to drive, and we have to use “real” money for purchases. Sounds like I need to worry in my worry free happy place.

I began this massive process of chronicling the Year of the Mouse. This has been a great joy to share with others our trip, just like they have shared theirs with me. I have been using WDW Trip Reports to pas the days.

We created a simple shrine to the mouse at home with a holiday present from my brother (next portion of the TR) and the Vinylmations that we are now addicted to.
5397950117_9130a030d4.jpg

5397950413_0a82de3b85.jpg

5398551658_16c260c2e4.jpg

During the T-minus window, my wife who was to be Disney’d out by now, has asked if we could go to WDW for Spring Break in late March. We plotted the trip and discovered we cannot find cheap flights, so we canceled that plan. Just the other day she noticed we can find cheap flights to LAX from Milwaukee, so we are planning again. I love her sooo much!! :)

I called a pre-planning meeting with the 3 other families that we are traveling with in February. We talked about our expectations and our limits. This should resolve any issues that might appear while we enjoy the first visit of my entire family in over 5 years. We also helped them plan their visit before we arrive. We will miss Fantasmic! on this trip, but they wont!

Oh, and Toy Story 3 on Ice is in town for tonight :) The camera should be going. Hope the EDS doesnt want to take Bulls-Eye home with us. (11days!)

WDW_Emily

I loved all your TRs!!! Your youngest DS made me laugh he's adorable.

Yay for your Dnpw to be cancer free:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
What a great way to celebrate.

etpinge

Original Poster
I loved all your TRs!!! Your youngest DS made me laugh he's adorable.

Yay for your Dnpw to be cancer free:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
What a great way to celebrate.

Thanks :) We are thinking about keeping the little guy, even though he needs to learn to fall asleep when we are at home and nothing is going on. ;)

As for the nephew, we are hoping he is cancer free. Hs last MRI showed a dark mass that his local cancer center cannot deal with. He has been accepted to St Jude's :shrug: But, he did have a good time at the world.

etpinge

Original Poster
February Travel Report

I believe I am cursed to finish the year of the Mouse trip report before I can begin planning our next trip. Not that a trip report is a curse, we need to wrap up the past before the future can happen.

This was a power trip for us. My parents took the family to WDW for their 40th anniversary. They drove from MN to WDW via NC/SC and took their leisurely retired time to get there (jealous). My sis and family flew in from also snowy MN on Sunday. My bro flew in on Weds night and met up with us a few minutes after we landed.

But before you can fly into MCO, you need to get out of Chicago.

We took off after work at a great time, flew to MDW, and tried to get a great drop off spot for the family since the temp was a balmy 20 degrees and we do not like to travel with heavy coats. I took a wrong turn into the CTA bus drop off and we decided to get out of there fast, scary buses. Pull into our long term parking spot behind a Saab SUV. We are rolling slowly behind this car down the barely wide enough single lane, when she stops, hits her flashers, and we cannot pass her. I jump out, ask what is wrong, and she says she ran out of gas. Instant problem solver mentality kicks in, I jump out of the car (20 degrees remember) and tell her to put the car in neutral and we will push it out of the way. Out of the way appears to be about 15 yards to a junction that is wide enough to drive our car around her since she was blocking the only entrance. I am out there, pushing, the car begins to roll, slowly, slightly uphill, over ice chunks, and I am wearing my travel clogs slipping like crazy. My DW jumps out and helps to push. About this time, an employee notices what is happening and says he will get someone. The car is moving, the lovely lady sees an open spot and turns to go for it. My DW loses it to me and I try to calm her down. Once the car is in the junction, my DW goes back to our car and drives to a spot and gets the kiddos ready. I help a little longer to push to the spot, she didnt turn fast enough and we were now pushing into a snow bank. I apologize but bail and run through ice and snow to the family to help get the three kids, 1 stroller, 1 booster seat, 2 large suit cases, 3 carry-on suitcases, 2 back packs, and now heavy coats ready to go. We lost about 20 minutes of our hour cushion. We cross 59th street, walk into the CTA entrance and move quickly to the terminal. About this time, DW asks if the lady said thank you. I said no, and again, she lost it. We check in, then get in line for security.

A picture of me with a little Chicago sand/salt/grime on me. I did clean a little up before the picture.
5550933998_d2dd86cea7.jpg

Jump in line for the security checkin. We must remember not travel at this time, the line was HUGE and very slow. We wait, and wait, and move a little.We lost 30 minutes here . We heard all call for our flight and still in line to be checked in. We pushed through a few people, got checked in quickly. Then the scanning line was a good 20 minute wait. We simply cut to the front. Sorry anyone we cut in front of. Get through security, but the apple juice we carry for YDS needed to be tested. DW took the stroller and the kids and hauled to the gate. I waited for the juice, and then raced pulling 2 carry-ons, 3 heavy jackets, 2 back packs. As I turn past the Blues Brothers stand, DD yells “Hurry up, they are closing the doors!” Did I mention, I had the boarding passes? We made it, we sat down, 2 more people got on after us, the door was shut, and off to MCO after a GREAT workout and dripping with sweat.

Flight was uneventful, THANKFULLY.

Land, and head for our favorite food court for Chicken Nuggets and drinks.

5550934202_988973a12a.jpg

Pick up our luggage, first time EVER without Magical Express. It was very painful. My bro shows up, the kids get excited. Move over to get our reduced rate rental car, find out we had to get a van since the lady wouldnt let us leave with 6 people in a 5 seater, get the van, and drive to Orange Lake.

Again, first time without DME, so it was a new experience. There are a lot of lights outside the happiest place on Earth. It felt like Vegas!

Made it to Orange Lake, get settled into our 2 bedroom which was next to the rest of the family’s 3 bedroom, and it was collapse time.

etpinge

Original Poster
Orange Lake

This was our first trip to WDW without staying at WDW. Stayed at Orange Lake, part of the Holiday Inn time share. Rooms were nice, but my wife and I have become Disney snobs, so it wasnt the same. They just felt like rooms.

A few pictures of the 2 bedroom villa at Orange Lake

5550935714_eac81750b5.jpg

5550352317_0490c46027.jpg

5550934762_cb05c5ba0a.jpg

5550934932_5c7e38d171.jpg

5550353579_14922fab31.jpg

5550935150_6e26323e48.jpg

5550935348_89272ebf1c.jpg

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 1 - Orange Lake and Epcot

Day 1 with everyone (introductions on day 2)

Day 1 was a catchup day and the celebration. We lounged around in the cool damp weather, let the cousins catchup since its been over a year since they were all together. Have lunch as a group, then figure out our plan for the day. My sis and her family went back to the villa to relax. My family, brother, and parents went to Epcot.

We used some of our Disney knowledge and parked near Boardwalk and entered through the International Gateway. Easiest in to any Disney property, with the exception to Disneyland from the Grand Californian.

The kids hit the rides with Uncle Mike, Soarin’ was really cool. Then it was TestTrack time!

5550936312_31385bf324.jpg

Uncle Mike loved it and the kids dragged him on again, and umm wanted to do it again.

We are waiting for the YDS to sprout a foot so he can enjoy it, however he was able to drive a GM while we waited.

5550354309_d792417368.jpg

Aimless wandering through the countries checking everything out and we ended up near America for dinner and Illuminations. Uncle Mike and EDS have a dance contest.

5550354801_4902862da5.jpg

DW and DD ate their Sushi on the ground

5550937322_0ff55d4d41.jpg

And finally Illuminations. We were right be the globe and enjoyed that sliding out to the lagoon.

5550355325_26cab99019.jpg

5550355575_54b0e32c1b.jpg

And then back through the gateway, over the Boardwalk, and finally to the car. Temps were in the balmy low 50s.

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 2 - All day at the Magic Kingdom

180 days out, breakfast was planned at the Crystal Palace. Our CST time zone clocks realize an 8am breakfast really means 7am which requires a 5:30am wake up call. Was this vacation or torture?

We arrive in the parking lot, FRONT ROW and a short walk under a road to the TTC.

5550355969_9e4a8cb0df.jpg

We meet up with the rest of the family, yes, everyone. Here is dear niece on her first trip. Such a cutie.

5550356445_cdd9ae4a88.jpg

Main St is so peaceful before the masses hit it. Such a wonderful view.

5550356667_33c2cff435.jpg

Start with the giggles, EDS and DD and their breakfast with Pooh.

5550939244_6d1732f1d1.jpg

And Eeyore too

5550939674_f43b2c1fcc.jpg

YDS wasnt too keen on Piglet

5550940118_d4e5c9946f.jpg

Side Story, DW has a picture of DD on her first trip and Piglet from many years ago. DD is eating bacon in the picture.

Tigger gets the kids to hop around a bit

5550940590_9099861866.jpg

And then grandma steals Tigger for a skip around the palace. Grandma has been giving the moniker of Grandma Skippy. She has a new lease on life since a non-malignant tumor was removed from the inside of her skull about 10 years ago. She skips with everyone. She is known as Skippy by the most recent former Governor of MN (not the Jesse the Body).

5550941264_4303157f77.jpg

etpinge

Original Poster
More Day 2

After breakfast, we start moving outside for the family picture.

First the cousins

5550941570_d7c20f63c1.jpg

Then all the nieces and nephews tackle Uncle Mike

5550941926_821fdb42d9.jpg

And FINALLY, all of us together. We did steal a Main St Photopass Castmember to take the picture. And yes, that is EDS being the goof off in the middle.

5550351047_f40f57ca03.jpg

Introductions: (Left to Right)
Me: Still the Disney Geek
YDS: Autistic and loves WDW. We think he feels best there. Never complains, wants to play
DW: Cold in this picture, married to a Disney Geek, sad we dont have another trip planned
Grandpa: Happy we are all there.
DD: 10 year old now, oldest kid, new role
Grandma: Beyond happy we are all there. Known as Skippy
EDS: Such a little Goof
My Bro: First time with the whole family. Bachelor who has no idea what 5 nephews and nieces will do to him
Nephew: 5 year old and his first trip to anything Disney. Had fun, but not a thrill junkie
Niece: 2 year old princess, umm, queen. She is in charge. First trip
My Sis: Her first trip to WDW in over 15 years. Likes the rides, loves WDW
MY BIL: First trip in many many moons. Quiet guy who would rather take the animal safari ride by foot than bus.

Its still early in the day, and all kids are cooperating.

The 5 year old cousins and I find a photopass castmember while the rest shop. After a few moments, the end up on the ground.

5550351123_5afa4aeced.jpg

etpinge

Original Poster
Goodbye Toon Town Fair

Pictures done, its February 11, what do we do next?

Visit the last day of Toon Town Fair, ever :(

Goofy’s Barnstormer gets us going

5550360063_f2f31761f9.jpg

Then to Pluto’s Playground. EDS still remembers how to own the house.

5550360653_819c152950.jpg

YDS enjoys the slide

5550943154_83bae4556d.jpg

And then DD and Grandma disappear and return a while later with their own special treat.

5550361471_047bccab72.jpg
5550944102_53245de057.jpg

One final pose with the sign. We will miss Toon Town Fair.

5550362415_800324f9a2.jpg

etpinge

Original Poster
More Day 2

After Toon Town, we headed for some more Pooh.

The new queue play area is fun

5550944922_a6e37e8c53.jpg

5550351207_94bdcde648.jpg

I get dispatched for a waffle from Liberty Square while the rest go for the next ride...

...the vomitorium. How do people keep it in?

5550945486_c54e9e2ac3.jpg

Small World from the wondering eyes of a small one

5550945696_7df46011e7.jpg

We separate for a few rides, grandma takes YDS to see Jesse and Woody

5550351289_01cea30407.jpg

Kept cruising, camera stopped, and we ended up on Main St for Wishes and this new “Magic, Memories, and You” show. I had heard about it, but have not done my research on it to learn all about it. Shame on me. MM&Y is my most favorite show. The animation on an awkward 3D canvas is amazing. I really had to get my jaw off the ground after the show. I have attempted to create animation sequences at home trying to replicate some aspects. Amazing!

And yes, after Wishes, we closed the park. Open to close. Short day, but it counts.

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 3 Animals!

Animal Kingdom

We didnt get a good parking spot at DAK, wish we had Disney Transportation.

We enter the park, mosey around, run into the family and catch the Flights of Wonder show. First time for us. Cute. Wife is a huge chicken.... fan, so we needed to take a few shots.

5550363789_6c4c001b10.jpg

5550946256_694a89cb73.jpg

Planned out the Nemo show, YDS didnt make it through, DW took him outside and we found him dancing away with the steel drums.

5550946660_a678934dbc.jpg

After lunch which included FlameTree and Pizzafari, off to the Dig Site for the slides

5550947134_070495455e.jpg

5550947514_34ebb3256a.jpg

The girls get a quiet moment at Lion King

5550365607_9406c351a0.jpg

Back to the Jungle Safari this time with everyone. The Rhinos were on patrol. We had to ask the question, why did the Rhino cross the road.

5550948024_ef6bed54d1.jpg

5550366311_2c3e7f3674.jpg

5550948798_4514ba004a.jpg

5550367061_ea486a43ec.jpg

Exited the Safari, we broke up into small groups with some off to Everest and others enjoying the parade.

And we called it an early night so we could all go enjoy time together. Hadnt we been doing that?

etpinge

Original Poster
Welcome Home

But my family needed a taste of home. We drove to Jambo house, went inside and just soaked in “home”.

5550949462_aeef8188ca.jpg

5550367797_4956d892a8.jpg

5550368265_33a418a6aa.jpg

5550950764_31fd4f21a7.jpg

5550950912_18f3f95de4.jpg

and we stopped long enough to pose for a Photopass CM

5550933546_a567cd4932.jpg

Wish the iPhone wasnt in the picture.

Then back to the other 7 for a night of nothing

etpinge

Original Poster
Day 4 - End of the road

Today was departure day

My sis and family were up at 4am to catch their 6am flight back to MN. The rest of us get up at a reasonable hour, pack, and head to DHS.

YDS gets his picture on his puzzle piece

5550369169_8139b85d1c.jpg

We spend time in the animation studio.

5550351445_4093ee7877.jpg

5550351521_550a8185e7.jpg

This is the only time EDS is compared to Aladdin.

5550369405_8ffa0c7c54.jpg

Bro takes one of the rental cars back to MCO and flies home.

My family still has another 3 hours left, so we head to our end of trip location, DTD. Not many pictures here since it was torn up pretty well during the “off season”. My lone picture is of YDS at Goofy’s Candy Factory. I dropped him off in front of a mirror for a few minutes while my hands runneth over.

5550369691_b82a4faf85.jpg

Collected the rest of the family, found our car, said good bye and thank you to my parents for allowing us to spend time with them and as a large family on their 40th anniversary. It was a good time.

Then reality set in

5550369941_ace5a8a7f4.jpg

We were going home.

And my parents were not, for at least a few more days.

5550933768_b0fe723e4d.jpg

What we learned from this trip

Family is always fun. You do need to have a pre planned meeting just to make sure we are all somewhere near the same focus. We did, and it helped wonderfully.

We like staying at Disney. No knock on Orange Lake, but the Disney experience is what we enjoy and why we are DVC people. We do not like driving to the parks, we do not like seeing the lights of the surrounding area. We know they are there if we need them, but we are on vacation. I personally do not need to see all the Targets and Old Navy’s around.

The weather was a bit cool in Feb and DW whines every time she sees that WDW has had beautiful weather everyday since we left.

There are ALWAYS crowds at WDW. Dont fool yourself. Its never quiet. I am sure all the characters spring to life once the guests leave and they complain about the crowds.

A Disney park is my family’s happy place. We did too many trips this past year and the kids werent like the kids in the commercials, but they are ready to go back again. Which brings me to...

Never not have a countdown. We arent counting and its killing us! Maybe spring break, maybe when school gets out, maybe labor day... its tough. We do know Disneyland Summer of 2012 for Cars Land and the kids first trip to DL, but too far away. Maybe a cruise, maybe a land and sea stay, maybe maybe maybe ARGH!

Thank you for reading, the guys with the white jackets and mouse ears will be here in a few for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom