YAY! or NAY....

DH and I are thinking of taking a trip to WDW the first week of December. I want some opinions.
I love to be there during the holidays but I'm not a fan of the crowds. I would like to celebrate our Anniversary but it's the weekend before Thanksgiving this year.

The crowds are the lowest of the year that week, so that's a plus. Are there any cons to going at that time?

We love to stay at CSR but we are thinking of changing it up by staying at POFQ.

I want to hear what you all think....YAY or NAY?

HouCuseChickie

We went Dec 7-13 back in 2010 and while the crowds were still very comfortable, I wouldn't classify it as low. I don't think you'll miss out on any magic either... I mean, the MK tree should be going up around that time, Candlelight processional and the storytellers in Epcot will be in full swing, and all of the resort and park decorations and festivities will have been up and running for a little while- so you should be good.

The only concern I've heard around that time is Pop Warner. They didn't impact us at all, but I think they tend to stay at the value resorts as well as POFQ and/or PORS...so that might be something to consider.

The only other consideration is the varied weather. While I've only been to WDW once around this time, I lived in FL for about 6 years and this time of year can be anywhere from really warm to really chilly. We were quite cold when we went in 2010, but that seems to be more the exception and not the norm.

Regardless, these are all just minor IMO and I'd still say yes to a trip. :)

Upvote 0

DreaminO'Disney

Original Poster
When we went for Thanksgiving it was beyond magical! I love the decorations so resort hopping will definitely be on the list of things to do.

We stayed at the CSR and all the way up until Thanksgiving day there were no decorations at the resort. I was a little disappointed but then on that Friday we got ready and went to El Centro and were AMAZED! It was like the Santa's Elves showed up in the middle of the night to decorate....it was beautiful and a very special moment for us.

I'm going to do a little research. I don't mind the Pop Warner thing but don't really want to stay in the same resort...Will just be DH and I so...you know!

This is so exciting! Thanks for all of the input and info!:)

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

DH and I are thinking of taking a trip to WDW the first week of December. I want some opinions.
I love to be there during the holidays but I'm not a fan of the crowds. I would like to celebrate our Anniversary but it's the weekend before Thanksgiving this year.

The crowds are the lowest of the year that week, so that's a plus. Are there any cons to going at that time?

We love to stay at CSR but we are thinking of changing it up by staying at POFQ.

I want to hear what you all think....YAY or NAY?

The weather can be less than fantastic that time of year. As long as it isn't overcast, though, you'd probably be fine.

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

That's about when we went last year - BEST time to go! Way less people, wait times almost non-existant, reservations wherever you want including choice resort spots... The weather is usually good, but not too hot. Everything's still in bloom though slightly fall-like. And all the holiday decorations!

If I could, I'd always go then.

Upvote 0

HollyAD

We went in 2011 year towards the beginning of November and had a fabulous time! Weather was cooperative and there were no lines. Only thing is that some of the Christmas events started the day we LEFT. But most of the decorations were up everywhere. The rates at the resorts were also very reasonable! Also, dinning reservations were no problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom