Yay!!! I'm a cast member!!!

leeroy8

Original Poster
Just got my e-mail - I got in the J1 international college program!!!
I fly out to Florida this November, for a 2 and a half month stay. Arrrrr!!

I'm working as a character attendant :lol:
Has anyone here had this position? What's it like?
Do you have a say at which park you work at?
What's the uniform like??

I'm staying in some Disney Village type place with a roomate!
:ROFLOL: I'm so excited!:ROFLOL:

elisatonks

congratulations! I'm also going out on the J-1 Academic program, but on the 7th October for six months. Just started to do all the paperwork.

Gorjus

Congrats!!!

What does J1 stand for?

Character Attendant...cool. If pay and age wasn't an issue, I'd want to be a face character...princess. But since age is an issue, if pay wasn't an issue, I'd want to be a character attendant. What a great job.

You get to prepare the guests, get them all excited about meeting a character. Most of the time, you have to be the bad guy and tell beautiful little girls, all dressed up and waiting their whole trip to see someone, that the line is closed and they can't see their favorite character. But you get to see MAGIC all day long; unless you are a loader or the beginning of the line attendant at toontown.

Atta83

Ahh character attendant, what can i say you are in some ways a body guard for the characters then again you assist them. You let them know when they need to go in from doing a set, you give them a pen if the pen that the guest gave them ran out of ink. You also inform the guest if the characte is leaveing soon and if they will be coming back. You also interact with guest by answering questions, assisting them if they need assistance and so on. The costume is a white and yellow shirt that has a bunch of mickeys on it, followed by either black pants or shorts and black shoes. You will learn much more when you come down to Fl!

joanna71985

That is awsome! I was a character attendant on my CP last year and absolutely loved it. It is a lot of fun, and you get to work at all the parks. Like others have said, you are a "bodyguard" for the character(s). You assist the characters, keep the line in order, help out the guests with questions, info on other characters, and help out with the autograph books/pens. You don't really have a say, but you can pick up shifts at a particular park. And the costume (lovely thing that it is) is a yellow/white shirt with Mickey designs on it, and black bottoms and black shoes.

Congrats! You might be working with Atta (Ashley) and I sometime in the future :) Have fun!

I have gotten to work with Atta, now I just need to work with you Kat.:)

Gorjus

Oh, and in my opinion, Character Attendants have THE coolest winter wear coat of any costume. It is like a sports team jacket from high school or college or a biker jacket. It is black and red with a big Mickey hand on the back.

joanna71985

Oh, and in my opinion, Character Attendants have THE coolest winter wear coat of any costume. It is like a sports team jacket from high school or college or a biker jacket. It is black and red with a big Mickey hand on the back.

I know!! They are so comfortable. I wish I could have taken mine home with me.

WDWKat26

That is awsome! I was a character attendant on my CP last year and absolutely loved it. It is a lot of fun, and you get to work at all the parks. Like others have said, you are a "bodyguard" for the character(s). You assist the characters, keep the line in order, help out the guests with questions, info on other characters, and help out with the autograph books/pens. You don't really have a say, but you can pick up shifts at a particular park. And the costume (lovely thing that it is) is a yellow/white shirt with Mickey designs on it, and black bottoms and black shoes.

I have gotten to work with Atta, now I just need to work with you Kat.:)

You have worked with me :) Town Square, when Horace and Clarabelle were in the little area between Package Pickup and City Hall. Remember that day? I believe I was hanging out with the Cow :)

Gorjus

Kat, do you still hang out with Horace and Clarabelle?

And who is Atta and who does he/she hang out with?

Just wondering if I've worked with any of you all.

The weirdest thing about photographing characters is that I could bump into you in the tunnels or on the bus and never know we had worked together for hours on end. With a face character, I might possibly have a slight turn of the head wondering where we had seen each other before, but for fur...I feel so rude when I don't recognize people.

WDWKat26

I hang out with Horace and Clarabelle 6 days a week :)

I'll let Atta answer your question, as i'm not sure if she wants me to say anything :)

joanna71985

You have worked with me :) Town Square, when Horace and Clarabelle were in the little area between Package Pickup and City Hall. Remember that day? I believe I was hanging out with the Cow :)

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I didn't know that. I do remember that day.:)

leeroy8

Original Poster
Oh thanks everyone! :lol:

I just mailed in some paperwork today, and now my excitment's starting all over again hehehe.
Arrrr hurry up November!

Gorjus - truthfully, I haven't any idea what the "J1" part stands for... I couldn't find out anywhere! Arg, good start Lee... :confused:

Kat and Ashley - yay! I'm looking forward to meeting you both :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom