Y'all should ...

alissafalco

The bigger point, at least I think, is if someone wants something that basically has no value, you let them have it. It's part of the cost of doing business. People are going to take all sorts of things (some items that are outright theft, I do recall when I was a child having a relative witha collection of Holiday Inn towels, coffee pots -- no, not kidding, and cutlery). I do think there's a difference between theft and say ... someone taking a gift card or a room service menu ... or grabbing a bar of soap from the maid's cart on the way out. Those are just small cost of doing business deals.

I agree, but when someone actually wants to buy a gift card and the CM tries to ring them up, they can't because they have all been taken. So, in this case I don't blame them.

spaceghost

Well, quite a ways back in the thread we got some juicy details from M.rudolph, with details on the currently proposed Avatar attractions and DHS overhaul. There was, at least partial, confirmation of the information from some of the other "insiders." Some of this may be coming from the DHS thread as well. The two are blending together now. To summarize:

Cycle coaster, most likely simulating flying through the floating mountains of Pandora
Omnimax, Soarin' 2.0 w/ 3D
"Avatar Zoo" - walkthrough of Pandora flora and fauna (or possibly moving sidewalk propelled)

DHS:
Carsland greenlit
Monsters Inc. coaster coming in "phase 2"
Mini-SW land with Cantina restaurant and Jedi Training Academy going into Sounds Dangerous

I think that is it for this thread, but we also have info elsewhere that BatB show is being replaced by Tangled, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid is also being shuttered - probably for a Phineas and Ferb show...

HenryMystic

Just diving in to say, see you next week Spirit when we both pretend to be 1%'ers at UOR.

Looking forward to hearing about Cars Land!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Well, quite a ways back in the thread we got some juicy details from @M.rudolph, with details on the currently proposed Avatar attractions and DHS overhaul. There was, at least partial, confirmation of the information from some of the other "insiders." Some of this may be coming from the DHS thread as well. The two are blending together now. To summarize:

Cycle coaster, most likely simulating flying through the floating mountains of Pandora
"Avatar Zoo" - walkthrough of Pandora flora and fauna (or possibly moving sidewalk propelled)

Most of that has indeed been proposed in one way or another. But I wouldn't expect you'll see it all (if any).

DHS:
Carsland greenlit
Mini-SW land with Cantina restaurant and Jedi Training Academy going into Sounds Dangerous

Nope;
Possibly but not in any Phase II (Phase II's are for coffee table books!);
Absolutely not, except possibly the last part;

I think that is it for this thread, but we also have info elsewhere that BatB show is being replaced by Tangled, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid is also being shuttered - probably for a Phineas and Ferb show...

I hadn't heard the theme, but I was told both shows (along with LMA) are not long for the park. Glad to see them go. BatB show opened here and DL at the same time. One lasted a year or 18 months and was replaced by multiple new ones and thir ancient piece of crud keeps going on. Amazing how TDR regularly gets huge new stage shows seasonally, but at WDW it's still 1995. ... Mermaid was also supposed to be a temp show and I am sure they want it gone with the Omnimover opening at MK.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just diving in to say, see you next week Spirit when we both pretend to be 1%'ers at UOR.

Looking forward to hearing about Cars Land!

Hey, thanks!

Send me a note in the next few days ... want to make sure we're on the same page because I can only do HHN's one night (and don't want to publicize it here!)

WDW1974

Original Poster
74 are you saying no for carsland happening or it being greenlit

Greenlit.

It is very possibly (likely even) happening.

But nothing has gotten final approval and there are competing ideas/concepts ... oh, and the ever-present agendas.

Taylor

Greenlit.

But nothing has gotten final approval and there are competing ideas/concepts ... oh, and the ever-present agendas.
Do you know what the other ideas are and if a certain former jungle cruise skipper is pushing for it

John

So while they discuss.....debate.....pitch/present....haggle.....stroke. Uni is putting pen to paper and gettin' it done. Way to go Disney!

El Grupo

Greenlit.

Do you know what the other ideas are and if a certain former jungle cruise skipper is pushing for it

Incredibles possibly? (As exciting as Cars Land would be, I can't help but wish for an immersive area based on this franchise).

M.rudolf

Well, quite a ways back in the thread we got some juicy details from M.rudolph, with details on the currently proposed Avatar attractions and DHS overhaul. There was, at least partial, confirmation of the information from some of the other "insiders." Some of this may be coming from the DHS thread as well. The two are blending together now. To summarize:

DHS:
Carsland greenlit

Can anyone spell my name right

Disneyhead'71

Glad you are back Spirit. I'll drop you a note to find out what night you'll be attending HHNs. If nothing else a walk around USF right now is fascinating to see what they are doing there. Transformers and Gringott's are verticle and the pace is AMAZING. You will also get a chance to see the first bits of London Themeing for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley. They have pretty much completed the new sea wall (minus lamposts and Lions heads) and you can clearly tell that it is Victoria Embankment.

London :

6.jpg

WWOHP: DA

20120925-014.jpg

Goofyernmost

Frankly, I wonder how successful that would be. Superheroes appeal primarily to a very narrow demographic, mostly young males and little boys. Potter appeals to all ages (its book sales alone have proven that), so it has a much better chance at luring more visitors. Comparing Iron Man to Potter is like comparing apples to oranges IMO.

If it helps, I am 64, I do not collect comic books or hang out at superhero conventions, but I love the Spiderman ride at Universal. It is actually the only reason that I go into IOA. A good attraction isn't based on age, it is based on awesome! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom