Yacht Club makes Travel + Leisure's " The Best 500 Hotels in the World" list

Pete C

Just got the January issue and it has their annual T+L 500 - The World's Best Hotels 2013. Only 2 hotels in the Orlando area made the cut: Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes and Disney's Yacht Club Resort.

Pete C

Original Poster
Why won't it let me edit the thread title? I hit submit by accident while I was editing the title and now it doesn't even make any sense. I can't even delete it either.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

That surprises me a bit. I always wanted to stay at the Yacht Club, until we stayed there. We had horrible service, a crappy view (paid for a water view), and lousy transportation. Worst Deluxe experience we've had.

Upvote 0

Calvin Coolidge

That surprises me a bit. I always wanted to stay at the Yacht Club, until we stayed there. We had horrible service, a crappy view (paid for a water view), and lousy transportation. Worst Deluxe experience we've had.

I agree completely. Yacht Club was certainly the worst deluxe stay I've had. Paid extra for concierge floor, which gave us zero benefits, because we were told that we'd be able to see Illuminations from our balcony. Door to our balcony was broken, so we couldn't use it (asked for it to be fixed, they said they'd send someone up, which they never did), but Illuminations wasn't visible from there anyway. Our room flooded every time someone took a shower. Staff was rude - worst service I've ever had at Disney by a lightyear - and totally unhelpful. Asked to change rooms, was told "we don't do that here," asked for more towels (we were given three for four people), was told to "just share one of them." Only redeeming quality is Beaches & Cream, which isn't even at the Yacht Club.

I will never stay there again. Not sure what T&L sees in it.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I agree completely. Yacht Club was certainly the worst deluxe stay I've had. Paid extra for concierge floor, which gave us zero benefits, because we were told that we'd be able to see Illuminations from our balcony. Door to our balcony was broken, so we couldn't use it (asked for it to be fixed, they said they'd send someone up, which they never did), but Illuminations wasn't visible from there anyway. Our room flooded every time someone took a shower. Staff was rude - worst service I've ever had at Disney by a lightyear - and totally unhelpful. Asked to change rooms, was told "we don't do that here," asked for more towels (we were given three for four people), was told to "just share one of them." Only redeeming quality is Beaches & Cream, which isn't even at the Yacht Club.

I will never stay there again. Not sure what T&L sees in it.

We had some very minor quips, and a couple of things that were downright ridiculous:

-We were supposed to stay for 13 nights, but left after 4 nights for the Polynesian. Only Deluxe Resort we've stayed at where whenever we came back during or at the end of the day, they didn't say "Hello", or "Welcome Back". Not a big deal, but it's done at every other Deluxe Resort.

-We took a taxi back twice because the buses were so slow. Valets didn't bother to open the doors or welcome us back. Again, see above.

-We had a box sent down with diapers, food, etc. for our twins. It was held at the Business Center. Box was about 50 pounds. We called the front desk and were told we had to go to the business center to get the box ourselves. Once down there, I had to pay a $10 service fee. On top of that, they would not let me use one of the carts, so I had to carry a 50 pound box in the middle of July all the way across the hotel. No one who worked there bothered to stop and ask if I wanted help. $400+ a night for that????

-We paid for a water view room. Were given a room on the side with a view of the trees. You'd have to hang out the window to see any of the water. We asked to change rooms. They changed it for us, but put us at the very end of the hotel with one of those small, circular windows where you can't see anything anyway.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom