WWoHP or Legoland?

NYwdwfan

Original Poster
We usually visit WDW for 7 days, but added an 8th day to our trip this November to spend a day at Legoland, since my kids (my 5 year old son, specifically) is really into legos. Over the past month, however, he has become really into Harry Potter, as has my daughter (she is 7). My question is - I know Legoland is going to be geared towards younger children and WWoHP may be visually stimulating for them, however, the rides are geared towards older kids (neither of my kids have progressed past the Barnstormer - we are hoping to get them BOTH on BTMRR this trip but not sure my daughter will go for it). They have been watching the movies (up to #4) and playing the the Harry Potter legos, but I am wondering if you guys think out "extra" day would be better spent at Legoland or Universal?

Pioneer Hall

The circumstances sound like you will be better off going to Legoland. WWoHP is visually incredible, but how long can you just sit and stare at Hogsmeade and visit the shops? IOA is big on the thrills, and it sounds like you guys aren't looking for that right now. I suggest holding out on IOA until your kids like thrill rides more, and by then they probably won't be interested in Legoland anymore.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Legoland is definitely geared more to that age. I took my son to the one in California when he was 9 and although we had fun, it was certainly too "young" for him.

WWOHP will be there when they're older and more interested in the rides.

daikonjam

If your kids have awesome attention spans and a taste for fine architecture, by all means, take them to IOA. Since they're not really into thrill rides, like others have said though, I would advise against it.

Legoland seems a sure go. I'm sure you can find SOME sort of shuttle there.

NYwdwfan

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I was thinking IOA was more thrill rides but I've never actually been there and it's been almost 20 years since my one trip to Universal (man I'm getting old!) so I figured I'd defer to the experts. I know Legoland is a 45 minute hike, but the park hours are just 10 AM to 5 PM so we can leave Beach Club at arount 8:30/9:00 and stay until about 3/4 and I'm sure we will have seen it all (or had enough). It works out well since although we are flying, my parents are driving, and they have no interest in going to Legoland so we can use their car for the day. I appreciate all of the input - now to see if Legoland (a) opens on time and (b) turns out worth the day trip. Thanks!

maxairmike

Legoland will be providing a shuttle from the Outlets on Vineland and International Dr. for $5. I would recommend Legoland, for many of the same reasons already mentioned here. If you do drive, be prepared for local business-related traffic, due to the hours Legoland is planning to keep.

NYwdwfan

Original Poster
Legoland will be providing a shuttle from the Outlets on Vineland and International Dr. for $5. I would recommend Legoland, for many of the same reasons already mentioned here. If you do drive, be prepared for local business-related traffic, due to the hours Legoland is planning to keep.

I forgot about traffic. Thanks for the tip! I am anxious to see if the park is worth it - there seem to be some cool concepts but I can't anticipate making a 45 minute drive more than once unless the park is unbelievable - and since I'm a Disney freak with high standards I highly doubt that will happen. In addition, they are charging about $75 a day for adults and $65 a day for kids (for 7 hours!!!) which I think is a bit steep for a place off the beaten path! I got a coupon for 25% off total admission (up to 4 people) from Southwest Spirit magazine which makes it much more reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom