WWoHP Image + disney news.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
WWoHP new castle image released by Universal. Article basically describes things we already knew, but the picture is worth checking out. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1246210/The-Wizarding-World-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-Castle-takes-shape-Universal-Orlando-Resort-Florida.html

This thing looks incredible. Has anyone seen it in person? What kind of scale are we looking at, is it Cinderella castle sized, or bigger, or smaller?

PS. There is a bit of Disney news at the bottom of the article, hence why I put this thread here.

DisneyLeo18

When I was there it seemed to be smaller than Cinderella Castle. Although I know Disney likes to used the "forced perspective" so maybe that's why.

Did that article say "3D star wars attraction in the pipeline for 2009"?

Disneyson 1

Also, did anyone notice the metal foot rests on Harry's broom? Looks like we know what the ride's vehicles are going to look like...! (you'll need SOMETHING to put your feet on when it lifts off!)

sknydave

Also, did anyone notice the metal foot rests on Harry's broom? Looks like we know what the ride's vehicles are going to look like...! (you'll need SOMETHING to put your feet on when it lifts off!)

The Nimbus has those foot rest things in all of the movies

sknydave

Well, the broom in that image isn't even a Nimbus, but it has the same style foot rests. I think hack is right, it will probably be the flying car.

trr1

I hope it has more than that it could be rather painful for males to sit on a rod like that:cry:

EpcotServo

The vehicle will most likely be a flying Ford Angelina.

Nope, it will be 24's Powder Blue Nissan Stanza from "The Venture Brothers".

:lookaroun :lol:

And no, it's definitely not a car. Loading, seating, etc. is still mostly anyone's guess in the area of Broomstick, but I do know it's four side by side, not a car.

JT3000

This thing looks incredible. Has anyone seen it in person? What kind of scale are we looking at, is it Cinderella castle sized, or bigger, or smaller?

The structure is shorter, but due to its layout, much wider. The castle itself, while modest in real life, is supposed to look gigantic by comparison, as it's sitting atop a mountain.

sublimesting

When I was there it seemed to be smaller than Cinderella Castle. Although I know Disney likes to used the "forced perspective" so maybe that's why.

Did that article say "3D star wars attraction in the pipeline for 2009"?

Yes, this author clearly did no research on this. I think the whole thing is a bunch of hogwash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom