Wow! Monorail Orange.

nace888

WDW track is 26" (66 mm) wide while Innvoia 300 uses 27.2" (27.2 mm) - just about an inch wider.
Which means the benefits coming from the Innovia 300 compared to the Innovia 200 are simply the train size and how they're built. I can see how certain things are cut though, it's a size issue, and WDW for instance, cannot accommodate for taller and wider trains.

I can see some things kinda working out on the smaller size provided they're designed correctly. The problem I think that arises with WDW, is they want aesthetic, and are willing to slim down a couple of options, though I don't know for sure. I CAN however see the Innovia 200 running at WDW with some aesthetic differences...

I still like my design though, LOL!!

Timon

"Whenever they get new trains"? Feeling optimistic I see:)
It's all about if they want to or not. "Bean counters" will try to quantify if it's a good idea and then say something stupid like we could buy 500 more buses. I'm pretty sure no one is setting up little toy buses to circle the xmas tree. It's about the Magic and since very few cities have monorails they are still special and part of going to Disney.

Timon

Which means the benefits coming from the Innovia 300 compared to the Innovia 200 are simply the train size and how they're built. I can see how certain things are cut though, it's a size issue, and WDW for instance, cannot accommodate for taller and wider trains.

I can see some things kinda working out on the smaller size provided they're designed correctly. The problem I think that arises with WDW, is they want aesthetic, and are willing to slim down a couple of options, though I don't know for sure. I CAN however see the Innovia 200 running at WDW with some aesthetic differences...

I still like my design though, LOL!!

I think taking the latest version of Innovia 200 and customize the nose, make the automatic doors flush, have a cool interior with LED lighting and custom paint job and you have a new Monorail. My only advice for Disney is draw your pretty pictures for aesthetics and listen to Bombardier about all aspects technical.

nace888

I think taking the latest version of Innovia 200 and customize the nose, make the automatic doors flush, have a cool interior with LED lighting and custom paint job and you have a new Monorail. My only advice for Disney is draw your pretty pictures for aesthetics and listen to Bombardier about all aspects technical.
Hey now, they can take mine! XD The only issue I feel like is that the nose will be a bit of a more complicated issue, but I know Bombardier would figure it out, and I know Disney would have their set look.

nace888

I also feel like unlike Bombardier's current doors, my idea would be better. Instead of 2 doors closing in, I feel like maybe one door would be better, and have one larger window rather than 2 smaller ones.

Timon

A big door will take longer to close than two smaller doors. The speed is the same because of research about hands and other stuff getting caught and delaying the train or worse someone gets injured. That'ss why on door closes before the other partly as a warning. Your better using dark tinted windows with e-glass and paint the vertical mullians the same dark color so the whole train looks like windows.

I thought the stripe should have fleck paint that changes to dark as the angle to your eye changes.

GRBgT17BjMC94AAkDMgP21M-_RfBMwyE2HYlpy-OaTnsiYjNTq4jhKk5SL6hDVVBoy3IzSr5-RZJWuzCAQ=w293-h220

nace888

A big door will take longer to close than two smaller doors. The speed is the same because of research about hands and other stuff getting caught and delaying the train or worse someone gets injured. That'ss why on door closes before the other partly as a warning. Your better using dark tinted windows with e-glass and paint the vertical mullians the same dark color so the whole train looks like windows.

I thought the stripe should have fleck paint that changes to dark as the angle to your eye changes.

GRBgT17BjMC94AAkDMgP21M-_RfBMwyE2HYlpy-OaTnsiYjNTq4jhKk5SL6hDVVBoy3IzSr5-RZJWuzCAQ=w293-h220
YES THE COLOR CHANGING!! :D

Flight Safety

I was stuck the other day @ Poly for about 5 minutes while they rebooted the computer due to the doors not opening. No big deal. But during this time, I noticed a lot of water coming in from the top of the train. It reminded me that the last few years I've noticed a steady downtrend in the monorails appearance.

I commented to my wife regarding the deplorable state of the monorail fleet and was thinking that with the current trend of cost saving TDO's bean counters continue to follow, we will probably see the slow demise of the monorail system altogether. I hope I'm wrong but it just seems apparent that TDO isn't concerned with keeping the fleet up to standards.

nace888

I was stuck the other day @ Poly for about 5 minutes while they rebooted the computer due to the doors not opening. No big deal. But during this time, I noticed a lot of water coming in from the top of the train. It reminded me that the last few years I've noticed a steady downtrend in the monorails appearance.

I commented to my wife regarding the deplorable state of the monorail fleet and was thinking that with the current trend of cost saving TDO's bean counters continue to follow, we will probably see the slow demise of the monorail system altogether. I hope I'm wrong but it just seems apparent that TDO isn't concerned with keeping the fleet up to standards.
I saw a video of something similar recently...

Could it be coming from the air conditioning vents?

Flight Safety

It could be. I'm not sure how the condensate from the A/C drains on the monorails, but if its pumped out this would make sense as I only noticed when the power was cycled. I could've just not noticed until I looked over and it was dripping all along, or it could've happened because of the power cycle. Not sure. I originally considered this but it was just a lot more water than should be coming from the A/C.

I will say this though. When I informed a CM (monorail attendant) about the water leaking he just walked away. He didn't even acknowledge me or anything. I have no idea whether the issue was addressed or not. I had my wife and 18mo daughter and couldn't really hang around.

nace888

It could be. I'm not sure how the condensate from the A/C drains on the monorails, but if its pumped out this would make sense as I only noticed when the power was cycled. I could've just not noticed until I looked over and it was dripping all along, or it could've happened because of the power cycle. Not sure. I originally considered this but it was just a lot more water than should be coming from the A/C.

I will say this though. When I informed a CM (monorail attendant) about the water leaking he just walked away. He didn't even acknowledge me or anything. I have no idea whether the issue was addressed or not. I had my wife and 18mo daughter and couldn't really hang around.
Oh wow... What train was it, do you remember?

Goofyernmost

Air Conditioning captures moisture (water) from the air. It doesn't just disappear it has to be drained away. Exactly where those drains are I don't know, but, there is a good chance that the units are on the roof and therefore would drain out from there. Considering the humidity levels in Florida, I don't know how it can be determined how much is to much. I'd suspect that if it is visible then where it is supposed to be draining to might be leaking or blocked and running over. Or maybe it's raining. :joyfull:

Flight Safety

Air Conditioning captures moisture (water) from the air. It doesn't just disappear it has to be drained away. Exactly where those drains are I don't know, but, there is a good chance that the units are on the roof and therefore would drain out from there. Considering the humidity levels in Florida, I don't know how it can be determined how much is to much. I'd suspect that if it is visible then where it is supposed to be draining to might be leaking or blocked and running over. Or maybe it's raining. :joyfull:

Like I said, I'm not sure how the condensate drains on the monorails. Some evaporator coils simply drain outside, others need to be pumped. And some refrigeration units, actually most, drain their condensate to a pan where it is evaporated with heat. So it does actually just disappear. I've never seen a bunch of water dripping from monorail trains as they pass by so I would assume its pumped, but I don't really look for it. I do know how much water is too much, and it was too much unless it was being pumped like I said.

It had been raining earlier but we were stopped @ Poly and the station is covered, so I didn't really think it was rain, but who knows. All I know is that it shouldn't have been poring out like it was regardless of whether its pumped or drained.

Figment2005

The condenser is located under the side skirts, but the evaporator is above the panels in the cab. Condensation forming on the panels is quite common, and water does "leak" onto the seats. The most that a cast member can do is get a towel and try to wipe up as much as possible, and quite possibly that's what the cast member was walking away to do. Other than that they are working, so nothing else can really be done.

Goofyernmost

Like I said, I'm not sure how the condensate drains on the monorails. Some evaporator coils simply drain outside, others need to be pumped. And some refrigeration units, actually most, drain their condensate to a pan where it is evaporated with heat. So it does actually just disappear. I've never seen a bunch of water dripping from monorail trains as they pass by so I would assume its pumped, but I don't really look for it. I do know how much water is too much, and it was too much unless it was being pumped like I said.

It had been raining earlier but we were stopped @ Poly and the station is covered, so I didn't really think it was rain, but who knows. All I know is that it shouldn't have been poring out like it was regardless of whether its pumped or drained.
I live in a three story apartment building. I am on the bottom floor. If I open the AC/Furnace room, drain separate pipes, three of them, one runs from my internal area to the drain, also feeding that drain are one from the second floor and one from the third floor. And it is actual water, not evaporated, so it is likely that same thing applies to any AC unit. If you have the AC on your car will leave a strip of water along under the vehicle. Again not evaporated. Now I might think that something about the drain is not functioning properly and not directing the water out of sight, but, it is a minor problem. I learned from experience that in an apartment it is a problem because a couple years ago when the drain got plugged up, all that water ended up on my floor absorbed by my carpet. It is probably an easily fixed problem but not worth taking a train off line because there is a little water dripping.

Goofyernmost

The condenser is located under the side skirts, but the evaporator is above the panels in the cab. Condensation forming on the panels is quite common, and water does "leak" onto the seats. The most that a cast member can do is get a towel and try to wipe up as much as possible, and quite possibly that's what the cast member was walking away to do. Other than that they are working, so nothing else can really be done.
There is no reason that water should be getting into the cabin. If that is the case it needs to be waterproofed, but, as you said, it isn't exactly a high priority project.

Figment2005

There is no reason that water should be getting into the cabin. If that is the case it needs to be waterproofed, but, as you said, it isn't exactly a high priority project.
That's the thing. The water isn't coming from the air conditioning system, but from the humid air itself. The panel gets very cold, so when the doors open the water condenses and eventually starts dripping. Its no different than a pair of glasses fogging up after being inside when stepping outside into the heat. There is nothing inherently wrong with the unit, it just sort of happens.

Goofyernmost

That's the thing. The water isn't coming from the air conditioning system, but from the humid air itself. The panel gets very cold, so when the doors open the water condenses and eventually starts dripping. Its no different than a pair of glasses fogging up after being inside when stepping outside into the heat. There is nothing inherently wrong with the unit, it just sort of happens.
OK, that makes sense. I thought that it had been established that it was the AC. I understand that and have to wonder why we are even talking about it. Oh, I know... Disney should stop being cheap and buy a humongous Air Conditioner and take all the humid air out of Florida. That would solve a host of problems including mold and mildew. Or at least drain the swamp. Thanks for clearing that up... now we can move onto other earth shaking problems with the Monorails. Like that smell that, I remember from back in 1983, that everyone is convinced is urine, but, is probably just what is used for cleaning and disinfecting the cabins. I mean it must be urine because all of us at one time or the other have seen someone pee all over the interior of the trains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom