Worth it?

nthebulln7

Hello everyone!
So i caught the wdw bug bad today and was looking at some deals to go to wdw for a weekend. In doing so i found that me and my friend could go down to wdw on feb 22-24 with a 3 day park hopper ticket at the Pop century resort for about $343 a person. My question to you guys is.... is it worth the money for such a short time? And we would leave very early fri morning so that is a full day at the parks and leave very late sunday night for another full day and to be able to make it to class on Monday :) So, what do ya think? Crazy or Awesome?

New2WDW

Hello everyone!
So i caught the wdw bug bad today and was looking at some deals to go to wdw for a weekend. In doing so i found that me and my friend could go down to wdw on feb 22-24 with a 3 day park hopper ticket at the Pop century resort for about $343 a person. My question to you guys is.... is it worth the money for such a short time? And we would leave very early fri morning so that is a full day at the parks and leave very late sunday night for another full day and to be able to make it to class on Monday :) So, what do ya think? Crazy or Awesome?

IMHO being a family of four, it is better to spend the money on a longer trip than a weekend trip. I have priced the weekend trip for some special occassions and I could just not see spending that much when I could go a whole week later in the year when we had a school break for our kids. But you are still kid-less (I guess) so I would say go for it and have fun!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We usually only do three or four days at a time. With some careful planning you can still have a great time. Take advantage of EMH (both morning and evening) if possible. Use Fast pass whenever you can and try not to plan too many long sit down dinners. We only eat one big meal a day and switch between breakfast, lunch and dinner on different days. Park hoppers are a must too, as far as we are concerned. You don't have to be a crazy park warrior, but it won't be a leisurely stroll either. :wave:

Upvote 0

New2WDW

I would suggest cutting loose the Park Hopper option so you could spend more time in the parks and not waste it on hopping, plus saving so $$.

Upvote 0

Preacher Gravy

my response is "crazy awesome!" if you have the money to spend (don't forget gas money and food money) then I say go for it, for 2 students on a weekend you should be fine in my opinion if you don't mind missing a few things (shows, parades, etc)

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

If you've got the money and the energy, go for it. Not to contradict new2WDW, but I'd keep the hopping option. On a short WEEKEND trip, you never know where the crowds will be and you don't want to be tied to a park that gets crushed.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

If you've got the money and the energy, go for it. Not to contradict new2WDW, but I'd keep the hopping option. On a short WEEKEND trip, you never know where the crowds will be and you don't want to be tied to a park that gets crushed.

Slappy has a very good point! My family is used to one park a day and we don't hop much. So strike that prior post...:lookaroun...:lol:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I would suggest cutting loose the Park Hopper option so you could spend more time in the parks and not waste it on hopping, plus saving so $$.

Hoppers are necessary on short trips so you can take advantage of EMH. Morning EMH in one park, take a quick break to eat and head to another then another break to eat then head out to EMH.
This way you can hit the must do in every park and not be tied down if you want to/can get ADRs at certain restaurants. The other option is to spend open to close in a park, but then you have to skip a park; that isn't so bad for us because we don't go to the Studios, but for some that may be a problem.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

My DH and I have done several short weekend trips. It's really quite rejuvenating, and you'll be surprised how much you can get done! I'd keep the hopper too - not every park is worth a whole day to me anyway.

Have a great time! We'll be at the P&P party on the 22nd! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

I vote go as well. If I had a friend or two ready, willing, and able I would have been there my birthday weekend and for Mardi Gras and any other time I had 2 days out of class.

I guess it's a good thing my friends don't save too well. :eek:

Upvote 0

ilvdisney

To the OP - Go for it! If you are not inetrested in seeing EVERY thing- go and have fun! Price seems fair to me! I used to go every 6 months for a weekend - knowing I didn't have to see EVERYTHING!

Upvote 0

PanfanAL

I say go for it. We have done a few short trips. They are just as fun if done correctly. You can park hop and try and do it all. Or pick your favorite two parks and give them all your attention. That is what we always do on short trips. Magic Kingdom and EPCOT from open to close, no breaks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom