Worst weather event you've ever experienced

celluloid

Oh well, hadn't been. Sorry it wasn't so great...

The best detail was probably the fact that my wife said there was an magician's assistant like trunk in the ladies room for a themed custodial cabinet. This kind of thing is a nice touch but extra exciting to us as we were Custodial Cast Memers back in the day when Disney was very different. She opened the door and had me stand outside so I could see it as it is right at the entrance point of the bathroom so she opened the door and let it close slowly as she left.

I was not expecting Trader Sam's but I was expecting more magic references than there are and the ability to maybe have a bar tender do some trained sleight of hand or servers that can perform a simple trick.

Magic and Disney discussion real quick while we're here too...I made it a point to buy two things from The Main Street Magic Store in Tokyo Disney.

WDW's being gone is a crime.

Minnesota disney fan

My worst weather experience was during a winter in the 1980s. I had tickets for David Copperfield (the magician, illusionist) and I literally traveled through 12 or 14 inches of snow in my car during a blizzard to see him. He hadn't called off the concert. I guess the show must go on. I almost side swiped a car on the way down there. It was really incredible! Somehow I made it back home. There were a few blizzards during that decade where we lost power for a whole week. I've seen him 4 different times, and he never puts on a bad show. Very incredible experience! I last saw him a few years back in Vegas at the MGM Grand. I was inches from him during a VIP show beforehand. I also am a big fan of Penn and Teller, but haven't seen them in Vegas yet. Hopefully someday.
I hate to be "that person", but I am really glad you have had good luck with seeing David Copperfield.
While in Vegas one time, we had the choice between an AeroSmith concert or David Copperfield show at the same venue. We opted for DCopperfield.
To say we were disappointed is an understatement!
It started with them showing some previous show clips on a big screen. That took a whille. Then he came out looking like he was thoroughly bored and just phoning it in. He did a couple of simple magic tricks and that was it. I couldn't believe that his show was like that. It was mostly showing old clips on a screen.
I'm glad to hear that he is doing better shows now, because that was a waste of money and we wished we had gone to AeroSmith instead:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom