Worst thing you forgot

psuchad

The recent post about items you should bring on your trip got me thinking. What is the worst or most embarrassing thing you have forgotten on your trip?

Personally I accidentally only packed three pairs of underwear for a seven day trip. I had placed them on the bad while packing at home and sure enough that is where they were when I returned. Thank goodness they had laundry facilities.<o:p></o:p>

stankly182

I always forget to pack enough socks. Last year I didn't pack ANY and had to wear flip flops to the parks everyday. I lost my flip flops twice while trying to get out of MGM after Fantasmic. Some lady stepped on the back of my flip flops because it was a mad dash to get to the bus area, and then my mom stepped on the back of them after we got out of the park. Flip Flops= not good for crowded areas. We leave in about 3 and a half weeks for Disney and I have already made sure to pack 5 pairs of socks so far. I always start packing way too early:eek: . It makes me happy to know I am packing for Disney haha.

Upvote 0

jesserin

jrobinson424 said:
CONDOMS. TWICE. Both of my childeren were conceived at WDW.

OMG... I so shouldn't laugh at this but.. LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(scary thing is, we can so relate... we have our own WDW souvineer :hammer: :lol: )

Upvote 0

kingspade

I'm another compulsive overpacker but my sister on the other hand...she actually forgot to bring SHOES!! She wore slippers on the plane (we left at like 6 am) and didn't bring any shoes to change into.
Needless to say she paid for it later because she had to break in some new ones. The best part is that I was emailing her lists to help her pack and her coworkers saw it and couldn't believe some of the things I have to list for her....the next list will have "shoes" in bold!

:brick:

Upvote 0

latoberg

Always, always check...

To see your returning flight information is correct before you buy them.

Our trip to WDW a couple of years ago we used TA for everything but airline tickets. I took care of that myself. Got the tickets and planned everything.

Got to WDW and had a great time except for an overstimulated 4 year old.

We got the the airport and found out we didn't have a seat on the plane.

That's because I scheduled our return flight home 3 days AFTER our last day of the vacation.

We had to shell out another 500 bucks to get a flight the next day, spent a night in an off airport hotel, food etc., and we couldn't sit together on the flight.

Which is okay because my wife wasn't interested in talking to me anyway.:fork:

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

The worse thing I forgot to take with me to Disney was an EPT test. We had been on fertility shots and I had taken the last one 1 week prior to our trip. I was scheduled to go to the doc for a lab test the Monday after we returned. But I can't wait for anything, so I bought an EPT to take with me. Needless to say I left it at home in the bag. I spent the entire trip not riding hardley anything and drinking no alcohol just in case, and being a total nervous wreck dying to know the answer. I never could find time to leave the property to go buy one either. We got home Sunday night and even though I was exhausted, I couldn't sleep. I got to my appt 45 minutes early and begged them to go ahead and draw my blood. The nurse had a hard time and almost stuck me for the 3rd time when I said "Just give me that!" and stuck myself (I'm a nurse not a druggie lol). 20 miserable minutes of waiting later the nurse said "Well, do you feel pregnant?" I said I just got back from a week at Disney I feel half dead! She said "Well you are" I said "Half Dead??" She laughed and said NO PREGNANT!! All of us were crying at that point! Including Hubby who I had called on the cell so he could hear the answer at the same time! He'll be going to Disney for the 1st time out of the womb, in 378 days. YEAH

Upvote 0

Shellybelle

Underwear! It will NEVER happen again! We were in the middle of packing when the sirens went off alarming of a tornado. I threw my suitcase aside and put the kids in the closet. When we finally came out we just grabbed our suitcases and got on the road. When we got to the hotel room I remembered my socks and underwear were still laying on my bed ready to be put in the suitcase. :brick:

Upvote 0

miles1

Heather Joy said:
On my last trip to Disney I left my glasses *of all things, home. :brick: I didn't realize until I was at the gate, ready to depart... going through the checklist again in my head, I regretfully realized that they were not in my bag.:cry:

At first I didn't think it too big a deal, since I'm a bit near sighted and mainly use them to watch TV at home. :p The rest of the time I can see quite well. So I thought..'no problem' I'll be okay. Right? Wrong!:lookaroun

Walking through the parks in the day was a bigger hastle then I realized as I couldn't see further in the distance then I thought, and I couldn't sit further then the 4th row on most rides and attractions like Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Carosel of Progress, Tarzan etc. It was awful. Luckily I used my twin sis's glasses every once in a while to catch some of the fun.

I learned my lessons...#1 I'm blinder then I thought and #2 Don't walk in the parks, especially at night without your glasses...all I could make out was bright orbs of light every now and then. Scary and quite Dangerous.:eek:
Belive me I'll never forget them again.

Thanks for listening to my trama-drama.:drevil:

HJ

I can sympathize. This didn't happen at WDW, but a few years ago when we were vacationing on the coast of Maine. I left my wife and kids on the beach and went into the ocean on one of those rented raft things by myself. A HUGE wave came from nowhere and knocked me off the raft and under water. When I came up, NO GLASSES, and I am legally blind without them! Thankfully I was able to make out the beach and swam back in. I spent about 15 minutes walking up to people and getting about two feet from them to see if they were my wife or one of the kids. Eventually, I literally tripped over my son.

I spent the last two and a half days of the vacation being led by the hand by a 7 year old. My wife wasn't too crazy about the 6 hour drive home by herself either.

Upvote 0

jchriscandy

Last year, my DS and I had been planning our trip for months. We had park maps and itineraries printed out. We had all of our PS dates and times printed out and everything in one notebook along with our confirmation papers we had received from Disney. About an hour into the trip I asked my DS to look at something in the notebook for me and......

It was laying in his room at home. Oh well...:hammer:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

I haven't forgotten anything in 20 trips to WDW (yet, yikes just cursed myself) though my cousin seems to always "forget" to bring enough socks. We all pack extra socks for Carol. My son thinks is a scam. She says she doesn't have enough socks, we loan her our extra pairs, she returns them to us dirty saying "I'll just give them to you now so I don't have to try and get them to you when we get back home."

Last year my brother decided to use a different carry-on and different suitcase than originally planned. He had already packed in the first bags socks and his shaving stuff. He really didn't forget the stuff since he packed it, he just forgot where he packed it. Well off to the gift shop for socks and shaving stuff. We had to teach him how to use a razor and shave cream since he's an electric shaver guy.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Now my DW usually packs the entire house and brings it with us. Well, she forgot to pack socks for me DD and we had no car. We looked all over DTD and could not find anything. We happened to go to Epcot that evening and found a pair of Tink socks for like $9.00. We washed socks avery day. Now the last time we were ther they had socks all over the place. Go figure:veryconfu

Then once we forgot toothpaste. It is very expensive buying those mini tubes from the resort store.

Upvote 0

Nicole

LOL it's not a dud now! Guess we're a happier bunch now?

My only forgetting issue was when I forgot something I didn't know I'd need. A thermometer. My DD got sick on one of our trips, I could tell by feeling her forehead that she was feverish, I gave her some motrin and the fever went away. The next day we were at MK and her fever was back. I took her to the first aid center where they took her temperature: 104.8. (Sorry, can't convert that to C for our European friends, but it's HIGH). The nurse said "would you like us to call the shuttle to come pick you up at the park and take you to the clinic??" Instead we gave DD some more Motrin (they gave it to me FREE) and I drove her to Florida Urgent Care. Turns out she had strep throat. She suffered an extra day because I didn't think her fever was that bad. (In my defense, she got random fevers frequently, like many kids do at age 4, and this was her only time to have strep).

But now I take a thermometer just in case.

Upvote 0

JMishy

My passport!! I had just gotten married in NH (my husband is from England) and we were going to WDW for our honeymoon. After our honeymoon, we were flying straight to London for our British wedding ceremony. My parents had to overnight my passport to the Wilderness Lodge so that I could make the flight. I was so afraid it wouldn't get there in time and was an absolute nervous wreck until the passport got to the WL. :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom