worst ride experiance

Disney Maniac

Ah, yes, even in the Most Magical Place On Earth, bad things can happen, and on one particular trip, they seemed to follow me like a stampede of crazed wallabees. Although I can't remember when the trip was, I'm inclined to believe that it was back in 1996. Anyway, here's the Readers Digest (sic) version of one of my horror stories.

Small World—My family and I had just ducked into the Small World pavillion to escape one of Florida's famous sudden rain showers. We were without ponchos and didn't want to get wet, and as the line wasn't terribly long, we decided to wait out the shower on the ride itself. Well, after an ardourous two minute wait, we boarded our boat in the back, as the entire thing was filled. Everything was fine up until we actually entered the ride area after the arched tunnel, where the water deepens, I think. Anyway, I was suddenly drawn from my rider's revelry when I felt a cold dampness on my shoe...water. It was quickly discovered that all the adults were on the right side of the boat, with the kids all on the left, causing the boat to list severely, enough so that it sank low in the water, and water started lapping up over the edges, flooding the boat. The side where the kids were was actually high enough that the kids were slipping towards the adults, only aggrevating the situation. The adults realized the predicament, and quickly shifted around, but not without rocking the boat and allowing more water to find its way into our clothes. All in all, I would have been better out in the rain.

Jodigrl328

I've been stuck on rides before and while that is annoying, nothing is worse than standing in line for a ride while someone's child is jumping and climbing the railings and kicking other people waiting in line, while the parent says nothing. If you have excited children, please teach them some respect.

I have on the other hand had bad experiences at Universal Studios. One cast member scolded everyone in the room for not packing in closer than sardines and when we didn't get on each others shoulders to make more room she threw her microphone down. And Back to the Future, that is just a horrible experience. I was on the ride with an 80 year old couple and the loved it. I on the other hand has some serious wiplash.

raven

I got stuck on Peter Pan's Flight a couple years ago for about 15 minutes. The cars don't ease to a stop, they just stop as if you hit a wall. I almost dropped my video camera but got the whole thing on film. The only part I was worried about was if I had to get off because I was about 12 from the floor with no exit in view.

Raven º0º

The Mom

Premium Member
Wow! I must be extremely lucky! I've been going to WDW 3-4 times/year for 20 years and have never had a bad experience! (unless you count crowds/lines or minor delays....which are to be expected!) Nothing like you guys have reported!

AJAX

Another vote for Small World, this time at DL in 1970. I think we were stuck in between Polynesia and Afghanistan for at least 72 hours, or maybe it just seemed like it.
After a decade of therapy, I was OK.

goonsquads57

Well, you've heard the saying..."Your worst day on the golf course is better than your best day at work"?...How about "your worst experience on a Disney ride is better...."?

belara

My worst ride exp

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to the message boards but I have been reading them for a week or two now and visiting wdwmagic for a month or so. Anyway on to the topic at hand...

My worst ride at Disney (also my most memorable and one of my best memories as it turns out) was on Test Track. My Boyfriend and I were taking a friend of ours to Disney last Feb for his birthday. Well since he had never been on Test Track and wanted to try it out we took him to Epcot. We got our fastpasses and went and rode some of the other stuff until it was time to ride. We get there and get in the fastpass line only to find out that there had been a shutdown due to rain (that we missed while riding other stuff) and the fastpass line was a 30 minute wait. OK not a big deal since we are all adults and not in a huge hurry. Eventually we get to load into the car. We start on the adventure and get to the bumby road part when the car in front of us breaks down just before the ABS testing. So we sit there stuck and every time we moved the seatbelts got tighter. We got bored after about 5 minutes and by then the maintenance crew was there. So being bored and all we started asking them to come wipe our windshield and other random things. The car was so badly broken down that they tried to turn it off and back on to reset it and it was still dead. They actually had to get the people out and push the car off the track (all this with the lights on too). Finally the get the ride going again and we get to the last section before going outside - the car in front of us breaksdown again (now this is both cars that have been in front of us). So the maintenance crew comes out again and manages to get that car restarted. They go and we get lined up for the crash test. And sit there... and sit there... (all they still haven't turned off any of the flood lights from before). The messages start going over the loudspeaker about the ride stopping momentarily and that it will restart any time etc... Finally we get to go again (I can only imagine they were taking the car in front of us off the track) and finish the ride. Needless to say the CM's were great and let us just go around again to get a real ride out of it. But we had a blast just amusing ourselves about the broken cars etc and we turned the normal test track ride into about a 45 minute event!

FatBoy976

I'm currently a mechanical engineering undergrad at Georgia Tech with the hopes of becoming an imagineer. I'll tell you why Test Tracks is basically junk. Disney took a car, stuck a pole on the bottom, and put the pole into a track. This ride was doomed to fail. They are subject a less than average car to way worse than normal driving conditions. Taking the car from zero up to a high rate of speed in little time is hell on the engine and the tires. Along with a complicated control system, this ride was fated to break down all the time from the start. They should have thought twice about how they did this ride. Rollercoasters, omnimovers, boats, and electric vehicles have a much better perforamce than cars do. The Tomorrowland speedway cars don't even break down as much as the poor, tortured ones on Test Tracks. Atleast it's a good ride when it works :)

tinkrbel

our worst ride experience was a bunch of foul mouth teenagers waiting to ride Skyway tomorrowland ..that really loved using the *f* word .. here we are with a 4 year old and 6 year old and this kid that had no manners and no consideration.

Jedi Stitch

At DLR, Splash Mountain continually waiting in a 3+ hour line to have it break down just before we board and they decided to close it for maintenance after that. The only good thing was getting a return ticket that we could use on any other ride.

DHS, My daughter really wanted to ride ToT one last time before we left. 2nd to last day we wait in line. The line really starts to move forward, never a great sign. We get up to the lobby que where we see most of the people had left the ride at this point because this where the CM is letting people know only one elevator is working. We stand in line for about 20 minutes and the line doesn't move and more people start stacking behind us. Finally the CM come back out and let everyone know only one car, and gives an 120 Min ETA at this point. I tell my daughter we will come back to DHS in the morning as tomorrow is our last park day. We come back to DHS, go straight to ToT, to find it was down for Maintenance that day. The only thing that made her happy at that point was letting her get a bunch of ToT souvenirs.

I know the break downs are trivial, unless you have your heart set on that ride, and you can't ride it while you are there. Finally the worst ride experience is not of the ride or CM, but Parents who need better timing. We board the monorail for the destination of the Poly. Our car isn't that full, but one family changes the nastiest smelling diaper on the planet. Stunk up the car all so much. everyone gets off at the contemporary, and waits to get on the next monorail. The line up at the Contemporary is long enough that stinking car train rolls back in and the smell is now a bad mix of fruity air freshener and nasty Diaper. We got off at the Poly. We almost didn't even eat at the Kona, but the waitress made a magical moment that made the rest of the night.

raven

Seriously? A thread bumped from March of 2002? 15 years to complain about ToT? This has to be some kind of record.
Well hey, it's better to bump a thread than to start a whole new one on the same topic. Usually new members get told to do a search on something before making a new thread so I think this new member was doing just that.

BigRedDad

Getting on the People Mover 90 minutes before wishes. We get about 200 feet in. The ride stops. Figured they were loading someone with a handicap. Nope. We can see the loading area to our left about 50 feet away. They can't get someone to wake up. We are stuck. CMs come by to tell everyone to stay seated. After 30 minutes, the people in front of us tell the second round of CMs that their child has to go pee. They tell them he has to hold it and there is nothing they can do. About 10 minutes later, they have the boy standing up on the seat peeing over the edge. Another 20 minutes go by and Wishes is about to start and people start bailing from the ride and walking back the same path the CMs use. The CMs try to stop people but can't. I have a feeling the old person had died riding on it. They had the car sheeted over, blocking everyone's view, and trying to not keep us there yelling because we walked off. They just wanted us away from the area.

KBLovedDisney

Maybe not my worst ride/queue experience, but certainly the creepiest for me. I rode ToT once in my life with my brother when I was a kid. Once was all I could handle. This past trip, the hubby wanted to ride but I didn't so I waited in the queue with him. We get up to the "service" elevator and I told a CM that I didn't want to ride. So, the hubby stays in line and another CM comes and gets me...and takes me to a REAL service elevator....omg! I was scared that it was a trick.

Willmark

We went on Imagination in 2011, then again in 2017. I must have mentally blocked the "ride" out because it all came back to me. And why we've skipped it every time before...

raven

Getting on the People Mover 90 minutes before wishes. We get about 200 feet in. The ride stops. Figured they were loading someone with a handicap. Nope. We can see the loading area to our left about 50 feet away. They can't get someone to wake up. We are stuck. CMs come by to tell everyone to stay seated. After 30 minutes, the people in front of us tell the second round of CMs that their child has to go pee. They tell them he has to hold it and there is nothing they can do. About 10 minutes later, they have the boy standing up on the seat peeing over the edge. Another 20 minutes go by and Wishes is about to start and people start bailing from the ride and walking back the same path the CMs use. The CMs try to stop people but can't. I have a feeling the old person had died riding on it. They had the car sheeted over, blocking everyone's view, and trying to not keep us there yelling because we walked off. They just wanted us away from the area.
When was this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom