Worst Animatronics

HonorableMention

Original Poster
We've had posts about some of the best or most sophisticated animatronics at the parks. I want to know what some of the worst animatronics are.

Unappealing, low quality (for when they were created), or just badly maintained animatronics would apply to this list.

FettFan

That all depends by what you mean with "worst".

Because if you're talking about outdated animatronics, then my vote is without a doubt the entire cast of Country Bear Jamboree.
These guys are all pneumatic...aka their movements are all from compressed air. And if you sit too close to the stage, you can hear the "click-click-hiss" of the pneumatic actuators that control their movements (especially on poor Henry when he's singing the Ballad of Davy Crockett...his eyebrows click-click-hiss all over the place), and you can also hear the low hum of the air compressors.
400px-SammyHenry.jpg

If you're talking about performance issues....then the King of the Worst is Disco Yeti, for obvious reasons.
yeti.jpg

If you're talking about "worst" from a design standpoint, my vote goes to the late, great, and now MIA Elasmosaurus from Universe of Energy. Even when in A-mode, it still looked like a giant version of a rubber bath toy you could buy at a 99-cent store.
cap934854LARGE.jpg

But...if you're talking about pure, unadulterated nightmare fuel....just go on the Carousel of Progress during a lightning storm.

John Carpenter's The Thing of Progress

BasiltheBatLord

As has been mentioned, the Ariel animatronics look terrible. Can't believe they made it past the design stage looking like that. If they even just gave her some color in her lips she'd look at least a little bit better.

Andrew_Animatronic

Ooh boy, let me see. From a technical standpoint, I would have to say the current yeti (wow no one saw that coming huh?). From a visual standpoint, the little mermaid ones, EXCEPT for Ursula. From a personal standpoint, this vile beasty
vyqjbm.jpg
hey, you didn't say it had to be Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom