World PassPort Question

marksniles

Original Poster
Hi Everyone!
I have a question regarding using points for the WorldPassPort program. I traded points out last year and had a great experience with it. Here's my question:
1. Can I borrow points from next year for a trip in December of this year? I have no more points for 2011 but was wondering if I could borrow points from 2012.
2. Can I book at a resort that says weekly on a nightly basis? We would like to stay at a resort from Friday to Monday but the RCI site says that they reserve weekly only.

Thanks,
Mark

slappy magoo

1: you should be able to, as long as you didn't use next year's points already, and it sounds like you didn't.

2: If you go dvc's website and use their link to check out rci properties you're allowed to use with transferred dvc points, I think many of them will give you the option of staying nightly. You can also download a single-page pdf with the breakdown of points, for nights and for weeks, in each of their three seasons (low/med/high).

tjkraz

RCI has separate "Points" and "Weeks" programs. It's entirely possible that the resort you are looking at can only be booked on a weekly basis. Many timeshares--particularly older ones--are only bookable on a weekly basis. Points programs have really begun to gain popularity in the last 10 years or so.

Also if you're considering a stay in December 2011, be aware that availability could be an issue. That's pretty short notice to arrange a successful trade into a high-quality resort.

dizzney

I've never gotten a trade I wanted in the system, every time I asked the resort or location wasnt available. I have found ti easeier to book the same location out of the RCI system and I then rent my points to cover the cost.

Stayed at the same location RCI offered in Ocean City last summer, only for much less since I paid for it

Perhaps thats a way to make it work for december

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom