World Passport Question

robinhood10

Original Poster
Hello All,

New to the board and glad to be here. We just got back from WDW and are very interested in the DVC and are prob. going to do SSR. The big question I have is: how well, cost effective, etc., is going to all of the other 500 destinations in the World Passport list. How easy to arrange, etc.?

Thanks So Much!

DVC Mike

Fairly cost effective -- a 1-BR is 160 points for 1 week during peak season (144 points for Mid and 124 points for low).

With Interval International, you deposit your reserved Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations into the exchange system, then decide later where and when you'd like to travel. This would provide you with a 2-year window to search for an exchange. However, once deposited, Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations cannot be withdrawn.

I have never personally used my points outside of DVC, so I am by no means an expert on the process. Perhaps some other folks can provide some better feedback.

dvcnut39

DVC Mike answered the first part of your question very nicely. I'll try to do the same for the second part. So far, we have booked two trips in the World Passport Collection. The first time we called MS on a Friday in January of 2006. We gave the a list of three properties and some dates in the summer. On Monday, MS called back and sais we had a match. It was a great trip. This year, we decided that we enjoyed our stay so much that we wanted to go back (The Boardwalk Resort- Va Beach). We called MS and within two weeks, we were notified by mail that we got a match. Hopefully this helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom