World Of Color updates?

Nland316

I hope for WOC's update, they include different scenes that were cut from the original show. Like Alice in wonderland, Hercules, etc. I really just want them to include unique scenes and not the typical ones found in every single production Disney does.

JediMasterMatt

How often does DCA update World of Color to include new movies?

It's happened a few times.

Originally, the show didn't have a Brave segment and the Pirates section was shorter and time was split with Firebird/Night on Bald Mountain/Hellfire. The extended Pirates section came online when Stranger Tides debuted and the same with Brave at its launch.

In addition, the show briefly had a Tron Legacy tag at the end.

The show has also had a few animation changes over its history - adding Tangled, Princess and the Frog, and some changes in background projections on the rear mist screens. Over the course of time, effects have come, gone, and been replaced as well. The most notable thing excluded since the debut are the projection domes that never really worked that well to begin with.

Enjoy WoC 1.0 while you still can and look forward to seeing what Steve and the gang have in mind for 2.0.

I just hope they keep the intro/outro the same so the show keeps the same bookends and it's just the chapters in the middle that evolve.

Tom

Beta Return
It's happened a few times.

Originally, the show didn't have a Brave segment and the Pirates section was shorter and time was split with Firebird/Night on Bald Mountain/Hellfire. The extended Pirates section came online when Stranger Tides debuted and the same with Brave at its launch.

In addition, the show briefly had a Tron Legacy tag at the end.

The show has also had a few animation changes over its history - adding Tangled, Princess and the Frog, and some changes in background projections on the rear mist screens. Over the course of time, effects have come, gone, and been replaced as well. The most notable thing excluded since the debut are the projection domes that never really worked that well to begin with.

Enjoy WoC 1.0 while you still can and look forward to seeing what Steve and the gang have in mind for 2.0.

I just hope they keep the intro/outro the same so the show keeps the same bookends and it's just the chapters in the middle that evolve.

I agree with your last sentence. I love the opening and closing segments.

deix15x8

I've never seen WoC, but I when looking into it I always hear about it being crowded and having a very limited viewing area because it was originally designed to be one sided even though they now leave the area behind it open. Any chance the update will include a rework to help expand some of the elements around the sides to expand viewing angles?

PacNWTigger

I've never seen WoC, but I when looking into it I always hear about it being crowded and having a very limited viewing area because it was originally designed to be one sided even though they now leave the area behind it open. Any chance the update will include a rework to help expand some of the elements around the sides to expand viewing angles?

It's crowded because it is an AMAZING show. I enjoy it every time I am able to make it to the parks. I don't think the viewing area is all that limited because it does span the majority of the pier closest to The Little Mermaid. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) I haven't done the priority seating for WoC with the dinner either...that might be the way to go it you're concerned with space. CM's do a great job getting people into the viewing area w/out things getting TOO cramped.

I haven't heard anything about expanding the elements...that's probably a whole different issue w/ space and equipment. I think things are just fine the way it is for the viewing area.

GiveMeTheMusic

Making the show viewable from front and back would be a herculean task involving untold millions in new projectors and staging. The viewing area for the show isn't really a problem, so I would expect the new show to have the same configuration as the current iteration.

JediMasterMatt

Unfortunately, the very nature of the show is always going to be very limited regarding viewing angles. A large component of the show is based on mist screens and projections which by their very nature have to be flat to work. Combined with this is the fact that to get the full majesty of the show, you really need to be on the centerline to get the screens to line up properly. When centered, the screens are able to create a virtually seamless ultra wide projection screen in the back of the show. Also, being centered allows for the 3-D capabilities of the front mist screens to do their magic.

In my opinion, the show is even more limiting than just being centered. To get the full impact of it, you really need to be down front to see the surface effects on the lagoon. Also, the most impressive aspect of being up front is the ability to see the individual droplets of water capture the light from the LEDs. It's something that even my 36mp D800e can't bring out. You have to see it first hand to appreciate it. Quite breathtaking.

I really need to get my new photos online. The WoC stuff is out of this world, especially from front and center... and that double rainbow I captured over the Cadillac Range isn't so bad either. ;)

StarWarsGirl

Are they doing anything special to World of Color for the holidays like they did last year for Winter Dreams? (fyi, so far I have heard nothing about Virtual Choir returning, though if it did, I would submit a video again)

kibia16

Are they doing anything special to World of Color for the holidays like they did last year for Winter Dreams? (fyi, so far I have heard nothing about Virtual Choir returning, though if it did, I would submit a video again)

Winter Dreams is coming back:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...t-returns-november-13-through-january-6-2015/

We may be just starting to carve up pumpkins, but I’ve got some important holiday news to share with you today! Holidays at the Disneyland Resort is returning November 13 and will continue through January 6, 2015.

The Happiest Place on Earth will get merrier once again with the following favorites:

Disney California Adventure Park

Disneyland Park

Downtown Disney District

We’ll have more to share about Holidays at the Disneyland Resort soon – so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog!

TP2000

How often does DCA update World of Color to include new movies?

That's happened three times now since the show opened in June, 2010:

1. A new Pirates sequence replaced the original Hellfire/Fantasia sequence in 2011.
  2. Tangled replaced the original Tarzan sequence in 2011.
  3. A shortened version of the Pirates sequence debuted in order to fit in a new Brave sequence in 2012.
In addition to those main show changes, there have been three different "pre-show" segments added to World of Color temporarily.
  1. Tron:Legacy pre-show was used from October, 2010 to March, 2011
  2. Prep & Landing pre-show was used from November, 2011 to January, 2012.
  3. A patriotic Independence Day pre-show including fireworks has been used for the July 4th weekend from 2011 to 2014.
And finally, there is an entirely different show called World of Color: Winter Dreams that debuted in November, 2013. It's a totally different show used for about 7 weeks of the Holiday season and is hosted and narrated by Olaf from Frozen. It opened before Frozen had debuted in theaters and anyone knew who Olaf was.

Per several Miceage Updates on another website, World of Color is rumored to close after Christmas for a refurbishment this winter to receive upgrades and a reworked show for the Disneyland Diamond Celebration in May, 2015.

Nland316

That's happened three times now since the show opened in June, 2010:

1. A new Pirates sequence replaced the original Hellfire/Fantasia sequence in 2011.
  2. Tangled replaced the original Tarzan sequence in 2011.
  3. A shortened version of the Pirates sequence debuted in order to fit in a new Brave sequence in 2012.
In addition to those main show changes, there have been three different "pre-show" segments added to World of Color temporarily.
  1. Tron:Legacy pre-show was used from October, 2010 to March, 2011
  2. Prep & Landing pre-show was used from November, 2011 to January, 2012.
  3. A patriotic Independence Day pre-show including fireworks has been used for the July 4th weekend from 2011 to 2014
  1. Dont forget about the New Year's Eve pre-show.. Which I really hope they update this year.

TP2000

1. Dont forget about the New Year's Eve pre-show.. Which I really hope they update this year.

I forgot about New Year's Eve! The New Years Eve pre-show with fireworks is fantastic and jaw-dropping. I actually like it more than the July 4th show.

They also do special shows for Grad Nite in May/June set to that year's most popular songs for the teen audience, and they have done custom designed shows for corporate events and private parties.

World of Color has been edited and changed quite a bit since it opened in 2010. Especially when you consider that most shows like Fantasmic! or Reflections of Earth go for decades without a single edit or change or plussing up.

And if the 60th rumors pan out, World of Color will be in for a major change and upgrade before it even gets to its 5th birthday.

TDA does a dramatically better job keeping the Anaheim parks very fresh and relevant than their counterparts in TDO in charge of the WDW parks.

croboy82

You can bet that Frozen will have a big impact on the normal show (although I kinda wish they would leave it out and just keep it for the winter edition which I don't enjoy that much haha).

I hope they keep the beginning and end though. But I'm excited to see how they will update it. Brave will be out for sure as it's just too long in the show now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom