World of Color-Dessert Party? Dining Package? Fastpass?

bee

Original Poster
Hi all!

WDW veteran, Disneyland noob here! In August we will have three days in Disneyland: two in DLP and one in DCA. We are very much looking forward to World of Color and trying to figure out the best way to see it. We have the dessert party booked as initially it seemed like the best option, but reviews indicate that guests only get two alcoholic beverages and the $79 price tag doesn't seem quite worth it. For reference, we loved the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot ($49 with unlimited sparkling wine) and have done it twice. We do like the idea of having seating and not having to cram into a small space with sweaty strangers, but is it really worth it? We'd consider the dining package or a Fastpass instead of the dessert party.

Help!

vancee

The Carthay Circle package is great. Had it a few times, wasn't too happy with the choices the first time I went, but just did it for the seats (this was a long time ago). I decided to do it again and there were A LOT more choices than the first time I went, it was great and I can't wait to do it again. I'm craving the ceviche now, thanks :(

The seats were perfect, it wasn't crowded at all and you get a perfect viewing of the show. It was a lot better seating than the wine restaurant package. We usually arrive a few minutes before with the Carthay package and get perfect viewing, not too much people were in the section. Can't speak for Ariel, but Carthay's viewing was way better and less crowded than the wine restaurant.

bee

Original Poster
The Carthay Circle package is great. Had it a few times, wasn't too happy with the choices the first time I went, but just did it for the seats (this was a long time ago). I decided to do it again and there were A LOT more choices than the first time I went, it was great and I can't wait to do it again. I'm craving the ceviche now, thanks :(

The seats were perfect, it wasn't crowded at all and you get a perfect viewing of the show. It was a lot better seating than the wine restaurant package. We usually arrive a few minutes before with the Carthay package and get perfect viewing, not too much people were in the section. Can't speak for Ariel, but Carthay's viewing was way better and less crowded than the wine restaurant.
Thanks for this! So are the dining package area separated by restaurant? We were also considering Wine Country Trattoria (we are vegetarians and the WCT menu looked better to us) but if we would be put in a worse viewing area that's something to consider.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks for this! So are the dining package area separated by restaurant? We were also considering Wine Country Trattoria (we are vegetarians and the WCT menu looked better to us) but if we would be put in a worse viewing area that's something to consider.

Yes - Carthay diners have access to what would be considered the best, most central location. Trattoria diners are next in their own area, and then FP fills out the rest of the viewing area.

vancee

If I'm correct, Ariel and Trattoria are combined in the same section?? But I know Carthay has it's own section, it's pretty nice.

Kiwiduck

Hi all!

WDW veteran, Disneyland noob here! In August we will have three days in Disneyland: two in DLP and one in DCA. We are very much looking forward to World of Color and trying to figure out the best way to see it. We have the dessert party booked as initially it seemed like the best option, but reviews indicate that guests only get two alcoholic beverages and the $79 price tag doesn't seem quite worth it. For reference, we loved the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot ($49 with unlimited sparkling wine) and have done it twice. We do like the idea of having seating and not having to cram into a small space with sweaty strangers, but is it really worth it? We'd consider the dining package or a Fastpass instead of the dessert party.

Help!
I enjoyed the dessert party. It was great being able to sit in a comfy seat while waiting for and watching the show. The server filled up my wine at least twice but that may depend on how generous they are feeling with the alcohol on any particular night. I had a nice hot chocolate as well (it was cold on my party night) and the sweets and cheese were tasty, especially the little wheel of Brie.

I also did the Carthay Circle dining package (for the Frozen show, not WOC) and the meal was amazing, a salad and soup combo followed by an amazing steak and risotto. I'm salivating thinking about the steak right now!!

I'd say the dining package food (at least at Carthay Circle) is better than the dessert party food but I really enjoyed the overall experience of the dessert party and would do it again.

Phroobar

Why not just pick up a fast pass first thing in the morning for the show and then get there about half hour early and save a bunch of money?

PiratesMansion

The FastPass situation is really not that bad. Is it a bit of a time commitment, sure, but as long as you are to the front of whatever section you choose, it's fine. And I've never even done a second show, which I'm sure is even easier.

westie

I second the CC package. They served us a duck confit soup that was amazing! And that was only the soup!

DisneyJoe

We enjoyed our Wine Country Trattoria dinner and seating.

vancee

We enjoyed our Wine Country Trattoria dinner and seating.
When was the last time you went? When I went we were pushed in a duct taped section next to a walkway and there were people without the reservation coming in and squeezing their way in. It was a lower section next to the regular fastpass seating, it's wasn't anything special like Carthay.

drizgirl

When was the last time you went? When I went we were pushed in a duct taped section next to a walkway and there were people without the reservation coming in and squeezing their way in. It was a lower section next to the regular fastpass seating, it's wasn't anything special like Carthay.
Last I knew the dining package areas were handled the same, just in different locations. How was Carthay better?

bee

Original Poster
Thanks to all who have replied. We usually just watch WDW shows standby from wherever we happen to be. The only reason we're considering a dining package or dessert party is that we live on the east coast and have no idea if/when we'll be back to Disneyland, so we want to make sure we enjoy the show! You all have given me plenty to think about. :)

PeoplemoverTTA

We did the WoC dessert party last summer and honestly, there was a lot of food. It's an uncharge for sure, but they even went above and beyond to give me a special spread because I can't have dairy. I would do it again.

disneygeek90

Thanks to all who have replied. We usually just watch WDW shows standby from wherever we happen to be. The only reason we're considering a dining package or dessert party is that we live on the east coast and have no idea if/when we'll be back to Disneyland, so we want to make sure we enjoy the show! You all have given me plenty to think about. :)
Curious as to what you decided to do? I am also a vegetarian and liked the Wine Country menu better at first glance but definitely want a good view for the show. I'm assuming Carthay has an "under table" vegetarian selection for the special.

bee

Original Poster
Curious as to what you decided to do? I am also a vegetarian and liked the Wine Country menu better at first glance but definitely want a good view for the show. I'm assuming Carthay has an "under table" vegetarian selection for the special.
We did the dessert party. It was fine for the view and we're glad we did it for the first time we saw the show but we probably wouldn't do it again. We didn't think it was a great value for the type and amount of food offered. We did have a non-WoC lunch at Wine Country earlier that day and enjoyed it!

disneygeek90

We did the dessert party. It was fine for the view and we're glad we did it for the first time we saw the show but we probably wouldn't do it again. We didn't think it was a great value for the type and amount of food offered. We did have a non-WoC lunch at Wine Country earlier that day and enjoyed it!
Thanks! I'm going two days (one park each day) in November solo so I think I want to do one of the dinner/lunch packages. I'm not much of a dessert person so I don't see myself enjoying that option as much. Just don't know if it's worth sacrificing the food for the view, or vice versa. I may call them and see what veggie options they have for Carthay. The Wine place just looks so cute. I've gone to DL twice since 2013 and haven't made it there.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks! I'm going two days (one park each day) in November solo so I think I want to do one of the dinner/lunch packages. I'm not much of a dessert person so I don't see myself enjoying that option as much. Just don't know if it's worth sacrificing the food for the view, or vice versa. I may call them and see what veggie options they have for Carthay. The Wine place just looks so cute. I've gone to DL twice since 2013 and haven't made it there.

Wine Country Trattoria is not very good. If you're going to do a dining package for WOC, Carthay is the way to go. And if you're going over a weekend or Thanksgiving week, see Fantasmic! The new version is incredible!

disneygeek90

Wine Country Trattoria is not very good. If you're going to do a dining package for WOC, Carthay is the way to go. And if you're going over a weekend or Thanksgiving week, see Fantasmic! The new version is incredible!
Hmm, I guess that depends on the vegetarian options for me personally. From just what they have posted online, Wine Country looks like it has more options. I guess I'll call and see if they can provide more info. I am planning on DL Sunday and DCA Monday, so definitely planning on hitting Fantasmic Sunday night!

Little Green Men

I ate at Wine Country Trattoria in May as part of the WOC dining package and I was shocked by how delicious everything was! I had lamb osso bucco with polenta. I highly recommend it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom