working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Good job. I'm not usually a fan of painting natural wood or stone/brick, but I have to admit, it looks nicer with the white. Cleaner.
Thanks Songbird! I don't usually paint over oak either but we were so tired of all the oak in the living room, it was either paint it or tear it out. I would have replaced with marble or something like that but that was more expensive.

Songbird76

Thanks Songbird! I don't usually paint over oak either but we were so tired of all the oak in the living room, it was either paint it or tear it out. I would have replaced with marble or something like that but that was more expensive.
Yeah, I guess it depends on what you are going for. I've seen Ranch homes with a lot of oak paneling on walls, and a nice big stone fireplace, and knotted wood flooring...that really rustic, natural style works well for a ranch style decorated with sheep fleece rugs, antelope antlers, etc. But it would look a little...out of place in, say, a NYC apartment. What you have looks clean and a bit more elegant without being pretentious. Nice.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning just a bit of kickboxing and I'll be doing my 5 store dash later:confused: and maybe checking out a small farm stand:joyfull: If the rain really goes away I'm making grilled veggies and hummus for dinner:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. Long story short due to some stress in my life my doctor wants me to cut out heavy workouts. No HIIT or kickboxing and such:( for a while:(:(:(:( I'm still allowed slower Leslie Sansone walks, outdoor walks, swimming (but not laps) and yoga:joyfull: Note to self when you run into your doctor and he says are you ok you look a bit tired don't answer the question:hilarious: BTW I have a great doctor who took the time not just to give the standard I'm sorry to hear that but called me last night for a phone consultation:joyfull: I'm back doing 30 days of yoga:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Songbird76

Good morning. Long story short due to some stress in my life my doctor wants me to cut out heavy workouts. No HIIT or kickboxing and such:( for a while:(:(:(:( I'm still allowed slower Leslie Sansone walks, outdoor walks, swimming (but not laps) and yoga:joyfull: Note to self when you run into your doctor and he says are you ok you look a bit tired don't answer the question:hilarious: BTW I have a great doctor who took the time not just to give the standard I'm sorry to hear that but called me last night for a phone consultation:joyfull: I'm back doing 30 days of yoga:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Well, that's not ideal, but doc's orders, I guess. Hopefully you'll be back on track soon. Did he give you any indication of when you can get back to your "regularly scheduled programming"? But I thought they always recommended working out as a stress release? Why would stress mean you have to work out LESS? Or is it more the KIND of workout? Hang in there...you'll get back to it, but you so need to take care of yourself!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, that's not ideal, but doc's orders, I guess. Hopefully you'll be back on track soon. Did he give you any indication of when you can get back to your "regularly scheduled programming"? But I thought they always recommended working out as a stress release? Why would stress mean you have to work out LESS? Or is it more the KIND of workout? Hang in there...you'll get back to it, but you so need to take care of yourself!
It's strictly the types of exercise I'm supposed to avoid:joyfull: The good new is I have to do yoga everyday for a month:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Interesting.

Well, maybe chill out a bit on the higher intensity exercises, and enjoy the more relaxing workouts.

93boomer

Premium Member
Oh goodness!! Just relax and do the yoga and you will be doing the hard workouts soon.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good afternoon. After some errands and doing bills, I am just chilling out reading emails and such. Today is my down day so I did laundry early this morning and now done for the day. Tonight DH and I will do our walking. I have yoga to do this afternoon. Dinner is a new egg and fried rice with veggies recipe I found. Have a good evening!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
THNX! It seems and I know this but sometimes want to fight the idea. Heavy workouts can cause hormonal troubles both adreanal and cortisol:mad: YUP I'm enjoying yoga and with luck a bit of time at the pool today:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Easy high fiber, high protein "granola" Take 2 cups whole flax seeds and soak in 1 cup of water with spices of your choice(I like cinnamon and nutmeg) overnight. Spread on baking sheet and bake at 250 for 30 minutes flip and bake for another 30 minutes or until it can be broken into bits. Let cool and add dried fruit of your choice this is optional but:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

epcotisbest

Well, it is not granola, but I had a tasty breakfast this morning, an overstuffed omelet with grilled chicken, onions, peppers and cheese. Added a biscuit and some tomatoes just because. Every now and then you have to have a treat. Healthier eating tomorrow.

grilled chicken omlet.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hold up, I'm a northerner and don't think it takes much time to make biscuits. What do you do down south that requires so much time making them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom