Working at the Walt Disney Company

ULPO46

Original Poster
Over the years that I have been snooping through here, I've heard some wacky and amazing ideas. But most importantly I've seen that countless people ask questions of what working at Disney is like and how to make it here. I work at the corporate level of the Walt Disney Company in Burbank, California. the WDC is not the same as DLC or WDW. It's the Corporate world but it remains just as harsh to get promoted or find a job. I got lucky my father knew people and that's how I got hired here. I've seen people fight to get to the top but it's a hard and difficult situation as in most companies. But to the dreamers out there, don't think the negative reviews about working at Disney Corporate is harsh. It offers great benefits and reasonable pay. Although it's really hard to kiss your bosses bottom to get a promotion. It is worth it to the person who is a Disney freak. But as in most corporate offices, the honeymoon eventually sways and layoffs do scare you especially around say Thanksgiving and Christmas time. Job security is semi-safe but it is a key factor to look in when applying at the Walt Disney Company. But over all there are countless divisions here at the Walt Disney Company and if you are up to the challenge and love this place, never give up hope. Read more books and keep on believing.

JIMINYCR

Congratulations on getting in at the corporate level and good luck on moving up the ladder. It always helps to have contacts and luck working for you. Now hard work and perseverance takes over and you have to shine on your own. I hope you have a long fruitful career with Disney and you can retire years from now with many happy memories. Maybe youll write your own book that I'll one day be reading.
I think most of the people posting here are dreaming of either retiring from jobs they now have, working at Disney as a second career. Or leave jobs mid career,moving to a better climate, getting jobs working somewhere at the parks level. You read many posts about how much fun they would have operating the monorail, piloting a ferry boat, guiding guests on a tour, or having a position in the resorts or elsewhere around the parks. I have had lots of friends inquire into getting hired in the parks but have never heard of them ever considering corporate positions. It just doesnt have the fun appeal that makes them think of working at Disney.

Wishing you good fortune.... and its always better to believe in yourself, rely on your talents, let your work shine and promote yourself.... not kissing up to others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom