Wooo Hooo Pal Mickey is out!

hadleybarth

We just got our Pal Mickey on Wednesday at the gift shop in the Wilderness Lodge (the lady there told us they had gotten them in the day before and were the first shop to get them but that all the delux resorts should have them within a couple of days). I was surprised by how small and light weight he is; just right for small kids. My only complaint is that my 4 year old sometimes has trouble squeezing his hand correctly.

The technology is really impressive. It is just fascinating to have this little stuffed animal tell you about things as you walk by them, tell you that the line for Star Tours is really short so why not head over there, etc. etc. Even the jokes (which are predictably corny) are themed to where you are (animal jokes in AK, jokes themed to each country in World Showcase, etc).

We had a great time having Pal along for our last two days. Since we know the parks pretty much inside and out (as do most people on this site), it didn't really provide us with much new info (although hearing about good attarctions with short waits is always a plus)--and it actually slowed us down in the parks becuase we kept stopping to all have a turn to listen to what he was saying as we toured--but it was well worth it for entertainment value alone.

I absolutely recommned one to anyone who is thinking about it. He is easy to carry (and comes with his own little belt clip), fun in the parks and even pretty fun after you leave (the kids played the games and listened to jokes most of the 20 hour drive home).

DisneyWonders07

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I was looking all over for that stupid toy when we went to Walt Disney World from April 12th-21st cause I really wanted that darn thing!!! Grrrr.....oh well I'm going back in August so I'll just get mine then...oh Disney you just HAD to release it as soon as I left, didn't you?! lol:p

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

Original Poster
This is the husband that supposedly 'hogged' Pal Mickey throughout the parks. Just to clarify, I wanted to make sure that he was working properly, for the kids.

Anyway, DisneyWonders07, you can order him from WDW Merchandise Service, (407) 363-6200, and have him shipped to your door. He would cost more with shipping (but cheaper than paying the scalpers on ebay), but you could see all the cool stuff he does away from the parks while getting in the mood for your August trip. Just a thought...

Also, if all goes well, Disney is considering releasing Pal Minnie, Donald, etc. Just think if they interacted with each other, Mickey and Minnie being smitten, or Mickey and Donald squabbling around the parks. Disney is also considering offering them in other languages, which would be a huge help as a personal tour guide for guests that don't speak English.

Pal Mickey is part of the technology drive that Al Weiss (WDW president) is always talking about; basically using technology to enhance the vacation experience. Fast Pass was the first, now Pal Mickey, next is an adult PDA device that would have maps, showtimes, up to the minute information on ride closures and shows, plus the ability to book priority seating, hotels and get fast passes for the rides. I can't wait.

Upvote 0

disneytati

WOW!!!!!

I was just waiting for someone to buy it and give us some more info on Pal Mickey! It sounds awesome! I just can't wait to have mine!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

WEDINDISNEY

Thanks hadleybarth for all the info. At first I was going to buy one when we go down in July and then I was reading stuff about it and it was saying that once you used him once you couldnt use him again, and that you couldnt use him on different trips because he wouldnt update. Now from reading what you wrote which is the total opposite of other reports I have to buy one now.
Im so glad that he updates as you enter each of the parks and that when we go back you can still use him.
I think making Mickey interactive would be so kewl.... I would go broke buying all of the characters that they could poss make....But hey its worth it... OoO

Thanks OoO

Upvote 0

CoraJack

Account Suspended
I just called WDW Merchandise at the number someone listed above and they said they are NOT selling Pal Mickey. I talked to two people.

Has anyone had any luck ordering one from WDW? I will not pay ebay prices.

Since I can't get it by mail order, can you tell me what resorts I can buy it at? I really want one and I leave in 39 days so please help.

Oh and another thing--the lady at WDW Merchandising said that it's not even for sale in the parks yet? She said resort hotels only. Is this true?

Any information would be appreciated. I'd really like to have one right when I arrive.

Thanks,
Christina

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

Original Poster
Christina,
I contacted mail order merchandise, and was told the same thing, 'park only merchandise'. This is the first time I have ever heard of Disney not wanting to sell you something.
The only other option I discovered was www.mainstreetmegastore.com. They have Pal Mickey for $68.50, and shipping is free. Or save the $18.50, wait until you get to WDW and buy him from one of the deluxe resorts. We had to wait until we got there because he was simply not released yet, but I would have paid the extra $18.50 to get him early for the drive there. He is very entertaining with the kids (and adults), and he will get you excited for your trip. Let me know what you decide. Good luck.

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

Original Poster
I just double checked www.mainstreetmegastore.com, and Pal Mickey has gone up to $89.95! When they first got him two weeks ago, he was $68.50 (I still have their email). He must be in very high demand. I found some ebay 'buy it now' Pal Mickey's for $60. Remember that the on site price is exactly $50 (tax included) Good Luck.

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

Original Poster
That is crazy, I agree.
I emailed them that $68.50 was too high, now it's $89.95. See if I ever shop there! Anyway, you had asked which resorts have him, thanks to www.wdwig.com here is Deb's list.

Where you'll find it: As of April 22, here are the resorts at which Pal Mickey is available:

Old Key West
Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk
Yacht and Beach Club
Beach Club Villas
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Polynesian

It you want the whole review, click on http://wdwig.com/pal

Upvote 0

CamCodey

Hi!

We leave this Thursday, May 15th to head to WDW for a week. I would love to pick up some for you & ship, but $$ are tight & I'm not sure dh would go for spending the bucks before receiving payment after we get back. Let me know your thoughts on this.

He really does sound wonderful, though! Maybe kiddos will use their Disney $$ from their b-day party last weekend to buy him, although they were looking forward to purchasing 2 Star Wars Weekend pins (I think 1 released each weekend).

Upvote 0
I bought a Pal Mickey a few days ago...AND I LOVE, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!:sohappy:

It's a great toy and I highly recommended it.

His jokes are funny, his games are fun to play and I love the different often-humurous things that he says as you go through the parks.

Pal Mickey makes a pretty good travel companion and tour guide too!:)

Upvote 0

WEDINDISNEY

Does anyone think that they are going to be raising the prices in the resorts for Pal Mickey also since everyone wants him? Or is his current price the set price? Want to make sure that I save enough pennies so that I can buy one when Im there in 2 months.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by chellnjr
Can anyone post of picture of his clip? I want to see what type of clip he has.

It is a black plastic clip. One side has a spring-loaded clip that you squeeze to open and close and it has a "tooth" I guess you'd call it on it. It holds very well. This is the side that attaches to your belt or whatever. You might find a clip like this on a pager.

The other side is a clip like you might find on a glasses case, but upside down. No spring, no tooth. It isn't as secure as the other clip and is the side the attaches to Pal Mickey. It is supposed to make it easy for you to take him off the clip and bring him up to your ear and listen, I guess.

The whole arrangement works okay but it would work better if both clips were like the first one, with the spring and the tooth. He did get pushed up and off of his clip a few times.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom