Woohoo Back In Texas, Well Kinda Of!

sweetpee_1993

Nov 20th in Cat5b was over $7k for 4 of us. :eek: For around $2K less, we are going to do the 6 night and only missing Nassau which isn't a must do for me anyway. We have never planned this early and I am pretty sure its going to be a LONG 18 months. :D
Yeah, as nice as the idea of a holiday cruise is, I'm not committed enough to pay that premium. We have our family of 4 in a 4B on the 11/27 7-night for roughly $5k-ish. I'll be honest, tho. We've discussed dumping it & gambling on a discount. I don't think they'll get hard up enough to go full Kids Sail Free but I think IGT/OGT/VGT will happen.

5thGenTexan

Yeah, as nice as the idea of a holiday cruise is, I'm not committed enough to pay that premium. We have our family of 4 in a 4B on the 11/27 7-night for roughly $5k-ish. I'll be honest, tho. We've discussed dumping it & gambling on a discount. I don't think they'll get hard up enough to go full Kids Sail Free but I think IGT/OGT/VGT will happen.

We have 3 more cruises before we are Gold. I had rather get it out of the way in Galveston. ;)

I think its $5,6xx something for 4 of us. It sails on Dec 18 and returns Dec 23. A LOT cheaper than the Thanksgiving cruise. AND, we will get to see the ship decorated for Christmas. We have two kids... one will be 7 then and the other will be 4 and turn 5 on Dec 23. All that is worth the trip. :D

sweetpee_1993

We're moving to Austin in 2 weeks, what is this Buc-ees everyone is speaking of?
It's like a gas station, convenience store, deli, gift shop, etc all rolled into one giant place of pure awesome. They have a killer selection of icees including the perennial Texan favorite: Dr. Pepper. There's also homemade fudge, roasted nuts, hand-dipped ice cream, and other yummy treats. Some of the larger locations also have big things like grills, smokers, chairs, and other outdoor/backyard things. The one that JUST opened is at least for now the biggest. But, I've heard there's another under construction somewhere south of us that's going to be even bigger. Everyone in my family has Buc-ee beaver lounge/pajama pants. I have an assortment of Christmas Buc-ee beaver tshirts. The billboards along the highway are often witty and catchy. You'll have to find one of the big locations to go to. My parents will be visiting from Alabama next month and one of the places I plan to take them by is the new mega Buc-ees. My mom will LOVE it! LOL!

sweetpee_1993

We have 3 more cruises before we are Gold. I had rather get it out of the way in Galveston. ;)

I think its $5,6xx something for 4 of us. It sails on Dec 18 and returns Dec 23. A LOT cheaper than the Thanksgiving cruise. AND, we will get to see the ship decorated for Christmas. We have two kids... one will be 7 then and the other will be 4 and turn 5 on Dec 23. All that is worth the trip. :D
Absolutely! I don't know if its cheaper for younger kids or not vs. the older teens. By the time this cruise happens ours will both be adults: 18 & 19. :jawdrop:

Definitely helps to not have those travel costs! I hear ya! Going for the gold! WooHOO!

tracyandalex

we're booked on that cruise too and we have a daughter that will be 7!

mammaminnie

We are toying with booking the 18 Dec cruise as well. I'm torn between booking now, or waiting until our June 2015 cruise to book onboard- assuming still availability on the Dec 18 cruise.....tough decision.

5thGenTexan

Just did my semi-weekly check on the Dec 18 cruise... 2 adults and 2 kids. Verandah cabins are the only thing available. No Inside, no oceanview, no concierge being offered for 4 people any longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom