Wonders of life?

Thrill Seeker

From what I gather, refurbishing WoL seems to be out of the question. The most likely scenario would be a demolishing and new pavilion being built on it's ashes, but perhaps the gold dome could stick around and the building could be gutted and put to better use than just as a temporary events space.

Uncle Lupe

Seems like the pavilion/building itself is in decent shape so there is always hope for it to be used for something in the future other then crowd control.

magicmaya

WOL geek here! :king:

star tours II! Sadly Cranium Command just sits there getting dusty. (hopefully
For those of you horizons fans who think it's all disney's fault for getting rid of horizons, it actually WASN'T! Wikipedia research man! :drevil:

they HAD to close it, for one the roof was having majour leakings. Now you say, "big deal! replace the roof!" The HUGE problem was.... it was on top of a sink hole! - DRAMATIC MUSIC - so that isn't ENTIRELY disney's fault! If you would like to buy a horizons ride vehicle you can go to www.mousesurplus.com

Wait a second wonders of life "geek"

why would Disney even consider building an attraction on top of a sink hole. WoL is NOT on top of a sinkhole. And wikipedia? That is an inacurate source. You could write Anything on there. I could go on there right now and type in "magicmaya is stupid." I wouldn't use wikipedia as a source.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
they HAD to close it, for one the roof was having majour leakings. Now you say, "big deal! replace the roof!" The HUGE problem was.... it was on top of a sink hole! - DRAMATIC MUSIC - so that isn't ENTIRELY disney's fault! If you would like to buy a horizons ride vehicle you can go to www.mousesurplus.com
What was? Horizons?? Wrong.

Don`t trust Wiki. It`s only as good as the misinformation people can type.

rodserling27

Wikipedia does get stuff wrong too often. I like to use it to look up a quick reference or person, but in my experience every page has at least a few incorrect facts.

By the way, is there a comprehensive WDW wiki?

Thrill Seeker

Wait a second wonders of life "geek"

why would Disney even consider building an attraction on top of a sink hole. WoL is NOT on top of a sinkhole. And wikipedia? That is an inacurate source. You could write Anything on there. I could go on there right now and type in "magicmaya is stupid." I wouldn't use wikipedia as a source.

Ok so now WoL was on top of a sink hole? Apparently all of Epcot is under one because I also heard Horizons and The Odyssey were built on top of sinkholes too...:brick:

mastif

he is somewhat right about the "sinkhole" same with test track. Don't forget that whole area used to be one big swamp. This is what i heard from TT management when I worked at epcot.

Captain Hank

Thrill Seeker said:
Ok so now WoL was on top of a sink hole? Apparently all of Epcot is under one because I also heard Horizons and The Odyssey were built on top of sinkholes too...
Actually, (and I'm sure many people will correct me if I'm wrong) to my knowledge, Odyssey was where it was because of a sink hole. The building was originally meant to be closer to the Future World-World Showcase bridge, but a sink hole opened up when construction started, moving the building back a ways. It's also why the Future World East pond is much larger and asymmetrical compared to the Future World West pond. I've also heard that one corner of Universe of Energy is built on some very unstable land.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
GAHHH!!!! I meant Horizons was on top of a Sinkhole! :dazzle: and yes it is true, i talked with a cast member at epcot.

GEESH! people made a big deel about that! :brick:

It also had leak problems (<--- HORIZONS)

krankenstein

GAHHH!!!! I meant Horizons was on top of a Sinkhole! :dazzle: and yes it is true, i talked with a cast member at epcot.

No, Horizons wasn't. That is nothing more than an urban legend.

EPCOT Explorer

Nope, the CM put out some wrong info.

UoE and Oddesy, though, THEY have Sinkholes. ;)

Omnimover

So if I may ask, is the Cranium Command theatre still essentially intact back there, or have they dismantled the interiors, removed the AA's, etc?

To think of poor Buzzy, hanging there in his chair, wondering what happened to his 80's B-List celebrity friends...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

No, it isn`t true. There was no sinkhole under Horizons.

The only pavilion sinkhole is a small one under Energy, and it`s been known about since construction.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
universe of energy isn't on top of a sinkhole. but if ya'll want to believe that i don't really care. :p

back to the fact the Cranium Command is it there are not? Yes it is still there. I heard from one guy here on the internet (forgot link sorry) and said that he snuck behind the walls and got into the theatre. He said that everything (including buzzy) is just sitting there getting dusty.

krankenstein

universe of energy isn't on top of a sinkhole. but if ya'll want to believe that i don't really care. :p

back to the fact the Cranium Command is it there are not? Yes it is still there. I heard from one guy here on the internet (forgot link sorry) and said that he snuck behind the walls and got into the theatre. He said that everything (including buzzy) is just sitting there getting dusty.

UoE is on a sinkhole. :shrug:

You would think that with senior members (including Martin of all people) telling you it was, you wouldn't be so thickheaded. :brick:

EPCOT Explorer

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Martin Smith is right, of all people.

And yes, CC is still there. Hope you believe me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

No, Horizons didn`t have a sinkhole.

Yes, Energy has a minor sinkhole.

Yes, CC is indeed still mostly intact. It looks a bit of a mess but on the most part the majority of the main show area in still in place. The AAs are drained and so look a little sorry for themselves.

Believe what you like. Some people know quite a bit. Some don`t. And I`m not one to lie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom