Wonders of Life Pavillion

WDWLocal

Original Poster
I never got to truly experience this place well enough. pre-2008 I had only been to Disney 5 times and only 1 of those time I was at Wonders of Life, and sadly I Dont remember it fondly. It was always hidden so every time we went we never went in there. Once I moved to Florida in 2008 It was closing, and I never experienced it, so does anyone have fond memories of this place. It seemed like a great place.

ThatMouse

Body Wars was really the only reason to go in. The rest seemed 5th grade level science based exhibits. But really Body Wars was just the same jerky ride Star Tours was. The queue line had some sort of decontamination sweep as you walked thru. Doctors being paged. The music was really cool - David Benoit, and what was that song popcorn soda pop?

Inside, along the 2nd floor were large windows, obviously one way mirrors as if to suggest a VIP area up there. I could see red led lights thru the glass. I always wondered what was up there.

Silver Figment

Body Wars was really the only reason to go in. The rest seemed 5th grade level science based exhibits. But really Body Wars was just the same jerky ride Star Tours was. The queue line had some sort of decontamination sweep as you walked thru. Doctors being paged. The music was really cool - David Benoit, and what was that song popcorn soda pop?

Inside, along the 2nd floor were large windows, obviously one way mirrors as if to suggest a VIP area up there. I could see red led lights thru the glass. I always wondered what was up there.

I believe that the song you're thinking of may be Celestial Soda Pop, i have in on my ipod and it's from the WoL pavilion. As for WoL, i liked body wars, and usually did Cranium Command when in the pavilion as well, but the music is even more memorable than the attractions. It's so sad they closed it down.

harryk

Maybe I'm easilly entertained. I liked WOL and went there on each visit to the park - which has been every year since EPCOT opened. Was so sorry to see it closed which they claimed was due to the sponsor leaving. Yes, it was aimed at youngsters - but are we not all young at heart when we visit WDW? Would love to see it reopen with all the exhibits/shows/rides open.

MansionGoer13z

I remember the attraction called "The Making of You." Basically it explained how humans reproduce in a very PG format. Body Wars and Cranium Command were epic when I saw them the first time after the second and third trip I had my fill. But I'm surprised it closed my last trip I didn't relaize it was gone. But still felt there was something missing from EPCOT I guess that was it.

RedFurredCadet

True. Of course, medical progress is a rapidly changing aspect of what's to come for the future. So I guess it's right to say that's what's missing right now.
In my eyes, it was an epic fail decision to have abandoned such a crucial part of Future World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom