Wonderful world of disney

prberk

I was glad to see Michael Eisner hosting it again last week. For a while, it went without a host.

I really think, though, that the program needs a permanent host, whether or not it is Mr. Eisner. The host, like Walt himself in earlier days, needs enthusiasm for the show and for Disney's products. Other than Mr. Eisner, prospects could also include ________ Van , Angela Lansbury, or Drew Carey. Any genuine and talented Disney enthusiast could do this. But most of all, SOMEONE needs to do it, and do it with enthusiasm every week.

Also, I don't think it needs to be a big, two-hour feature film every week. It should be a variety, like before, but with the continuity of the host, perhaps with occasional special guests to go with the program of the week. It could should be an hour long, with some episodes continuing to the next week; but an occasional special. What all of this would do would be to build an audience, where the show is the star; it has continuity (the host and occasional two-parters) and a built-in audience that does not depend on the movie of the week, but instead on the Disney show itself!

They seem to have forgotten how to do an anthology seriesa and care about it enough to make it truly a series.

prberk

Well, it looks like he only hosted the first week. This past weekend was back to no host, and about 10 seconds of an intro.

The show needs a host, and needs some continuity.

General Grizz

What I think it could use is perhaps episodes of the "Wonderful World of Color" - or at least introductions by Walt Disney.

Space film? Show a clip from one of Walt's MANY space-age films. This can also enforce the fact that Walt Disney was a man!

Was he??

(SARCASM :lol: )

Perhaps do park tours just like Disney used to? Or perhaps a half-educational show (Mathemagicland) and half cartoon shorts?

Variety is also a great thing. . . and I think America needs things like Walt's inspiration.

prberk

I doubt they will use Walt intros regularly. It would be a little too creepy, but it could be nice every now and then to refer to him.

Your other ideas, Griz, of course go back to the variety nature of the show as it should be. It does not have to be a two-hour feature film every week. In fact, it is more important that it have continuity and a Disney feel or "brand," as the suits currently like to say so often.

The "Disney brand" on Wonderful World I think would be best served with a current host that has a true affinity for (and understanding of) Disney old and new.....

Julie Andrews, Drew Carey, Wayne Brady, ________ Van , Phylicia Rashad, Kevin Corcoran, Roy Disney, or even someone like Freddy Muniz, could do the job, as long as they were enthusiastic and had something written each week to go with the theme.

It just needs a host ... and a themesong or weekly intro. That is also important to creating continuity and Disney theming.

As it is now, it looks like they don't really care: which tells the audience intuitively that they shouldn't either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom