Wishes was a smoke show

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
today was a washout and so bad you could t even see the fireworks, just the ones by the castle, even some cast members said they have never seen that before.

NearTheEars

The weather around here today was quite gloomy. If it was anything like Fourth of July a couple of years ago, when it rained most of the day right up until the show, I'm not surprised. It was quite smokey that day as well. I was a little disappointed, but not sure there was anything they could have done.

drizgirl

It was like that at a show we saw a few years ago. Low hanging clouds just held the smoke and after a minute or two, you couldn't see a thing.

Goofyernmost

Shot video a few years ago under the Ice Cream Parlor roof. Was just the same. Rain, fog, smoke and no wind. The finale was more like a coloured cloud based lightning storm.
Air currents are like Onions... layers. If the area above is holding down the surface air it will have no place to rise too. Thus, it stays low to the ground and if there is little or no wind in the lower layer it has no place at all to go. Course it could be like a parfait as well, and everybody likes a parfait or a cake, cakes have layers too!

belledream

Caught something like this once from Contemporary. It was pretty cool actually!
12141549_2687739752463_7451389247975420695_n.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Air currents are like Onions... layers. If the area above is holding down the surface air it will have no place to rise too. Thus, it stays low to the ground and if there is little or no wind in the lower layer it has no place at all to go. Course it could be like a parfait as well, and everybody likes a parfait or a cake, cakes have layers too!
Absolutely. I love my weird weather. Got a tattoo to prove it. Not that you really wanted to know that...

Disney-Trains

Yeah I waited around for it and when it started I said "well if this is all I can see I might as well stand under a roof" which gave me a cool visual for parts of the show.

The beginning of the show was pretty neat, the high level lit up the clouds and smoke behind the castle. By the end of the show, the castle itself was barely visible.

disneygeek90

I was mostly bummed with Fantasmic on Wednesday. I Was my friend from out of town and she hasn't seen it. It was drizzling before the show, then picked up a bit right when it started. Mickey came out, did his first scene, and the water projections started. Maybe 30 seconds in they cut it, turn the lights on and say the show is cancelled. We had to finish watching on youtube when we got home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom