Wishes or Illuminations?

karl1974

Fireworks Displays ?? You Decide

[When it comes to firework displays WDW has always been known world wide for putting on a decent display. More amazingly WDW are able to put on 2 shows everyday of the year , where else does this happen , simply think of the cost involved , the time and effort spent by many people inorder so we can enjoy an amazing spectacle each night.

Having said that Wishes and ROE are completely different shows. Wishes is typical disney and probably enjoyed more by young childen and although I enjoy the show it has nothing on ROE. The setting around the lake at Epcot , the atmosphere , the moment when the beacons light , the voice that everyone has come to recognise and the sound of the drums as the show starts is simply the start of something special. It is not just a fieworks display. This is a story , an epic , a beautiful spectacle told by the power of music , water , fireworks and lasers. I have seen the show live at least 50 times now and I never tire seeing this show. The moment towards the end where the globe opens and you are dazzled with all the bright white fireworks always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. The performance is simply so powerful. Does anyone else feel like this?? :sohappy:

Bunni

Nothing can be the atmosphere of ROE especially when the lights get "blown" out and the show starts. It's spectacular! Though I do get this warm fuzzy feeling when I hear the wishes music.... very tough decison.

Spyne

I can probably answer this question better after I get back from my trip. I actually haven't seen Wishes yet, so this will be my first time seeing it. So I guess for now, I just have to say RoE. :)

mickeyfan1973

I definitely enjoy wishes more than Illuminations (at least the current version of Illuminations). I am definitely a fan of the pre-millenium show more. They included all the countries and they had their own definite part in the show. Hallowishes, the show for the NSSHP is even more entertaining than just the regular wishes.

BUT - If I really could say, my favorive fireworks show is still Sorcery in the Sky at Disney-MGM Studios (now Hollywood Studios). Before the Sorcerer Hat was in place, when I used to work there I worked that show so I saw those fireworks every night. They highlighted the best in movie music and ended with a giant Sorcerer Mickey shooting sparkles out if his finger. There is now better show than Sorcery in the Sky in my opinion.

I absolutley love them both... but I think that ROE will always pull out ahead for me. I just love the music and the interaction of the fireworks, the lasers, and the globe. It is always a special way to end the night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom