Wishes Dessert Party moves to the Hub - the real reason why Wishes FP+ Went Away

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
but the buffet area is a b*tch to get through being stuffed in the back corner as it is. I can only imagine now that they have added a 'Hub-full" of guests how long that line is going to be.

I think that's the point. Now you have crowds but not terrible so you keep getting back inline and it cuts into their profits because you ate more than you were supposed to. This way you go up once you get your portion and you decide to not fight the line again keeping profits in check

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Where do I sign up? This is fantastic, Im not to worried about portion limitation cause I do a good Brazilian impersonation so Qs wont apply to me so I can get in and load up multiple times on top quality Walmart cake and still ahve a fantastic lop sided view of the Fireworks. Qualideeee.

DrewmanS

I was wondering the same. Maybe they will use the side across the walkway that has no view of the castle. They can eat there, then move to the plaza gardens for viewing.

Just my guess, but I would imagine the buffet will be set up back toward the main seating area. Guests with reserved seating will have wrist bands to allow them into the reserved section and to access the food. Those with hub viewing can access the food and eat in the main area (open seating) and then move to the hub viewing area.

My issue with the desert party (other than price) is getting stuck at one of the tables not next to the railing. You can't watch the show because the ceiling obstructs your view. They don't let you move chairs, so you have to find a place to stand (usually 2 to 3 people deep) along the railing. I wonder if they will reduce the # of people in the reserved section to minimize this issue. It would be nice to be guaranteed to see the fireworks from your table. Perhaps (not likely) they will not increase the # of people, just relocate some people for the viewing and make it a better experience for those with advance reservations.

bunnyman

Next money grab:

125-08104P1.jpg

docdebbi

Just my guess, but I would imagine the buffet will be set up back toward the main seating area. Guests with reserved seating will have wrist bands to allow them into the reserved section and to access the food. Those with hub viewing can access the food and eat in the main area (open seating) and then move to the hub viewing area.

My issue with the desert party (other than price) is getting stuck at one of the tables not next to the railing. You can't watch the show because the ceiling obstructs your view. They don't let you move chairs, so you have to find a place to stand (usually 2 to 3 people deep) along the railing. I wonder if they will reduce the # of people in the reserved section to minimize this issue. It would be nice to be guaranteed to see the fireworks from your table. Perhaps (not likely) they will not increase the # of people, just relocate some people for the viewing and make it a better experience for those with advance reservations.

actually, it's worse than your description. the party has changed, I was there last week and can now verify it. the tables are all squished toward the front, going up to the railing, no standing room there, and you are not allowed to stand anywhere to see. the back half of the tables have a very obstructed view, and tables are no longer assigned it's first come first served.

two parties arrived while I was there, saw where the remaining tables were and demanded their money back because they were not paying $60 each to not see the fireworks. they did get their money back and left.

ToTBellHop

actually, it's worse than your description. the party has changed, I was there last week and can now verify it. the tables are all squished toward the front, going up to the railing, no standing room there, and you are not allowed to stand anywhere to see. the back half of the tables have a very obstructed view, and tables are no longer assigned it's first come first served.

two parties arrived while I was there, saw where the remaining tables were and demanded their money back because they were not paying $60 each to not see the fireworks. they did get their money back and left.
So they've completely ruined it and doubled the price in one year.

Mike S

I used a FastPass to view the Fireworks from there once and it was pretty nice. I just have one question for Disney, how low can you go? Thankfully they partnered with James Cameron so maybe he can help raise the bar again.

PuertoRekinSam

This makes me sad. I know people who are connected to "the know",friend of a friend type deal, so nothing to base a rumor on... But I remember being at a party talking with them and they said parade and firework viewing was leaving as soon as it could pass legal. Something to do with marketing and bate and switch, they could stop wishes as long as illuminations still had viewing since it fit the "firework offering" of marketing....
The reason they said had to do with capacity and demand. A few hundred people could get the FP 60 days out, but non resort Guest and same day Guest couldn't. 500 happy Guest with lots of room to stretch out and enjoy the fireworks, but at the same time lots of upset Guest. Then they forced a lot more Guest in the area and it no longer was an experience that made the FastPass feel "worth it". So now you had Guest upset they couldn't see the show from the viewing area, and Guest upset they wasted a FastPass weeks out for a so-so experience (not to mention not being able to get a 4th-5th FastPass). So the decision was to stop the low capacity/ high demand Fast Pass offers for the net benefit of the Guest experience....

Sadly I guess that was just lip service to justify getting more money out of the guest....

ThemeParkJunkee

Dear Gawd! The "shakeup continues". As in, how can we monetize every previously "included with admission experience" to be something we can upcharge? How can we charge more (3 menu price increases in 3 months plus no outside food) for our captive audience to get the nutrition required to walk our expansive parks from one actually open attraction to the other. How can we cut, cut, cut without the public rebelling and going somewhere else. Because...We Are Disney! And we are Magic! And you need to bring your precious snowflakes here or their childhood will be unfulfilled! :mad::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry:

ETA: I am in a bad mood tonight.

halltd

There's a simple solution to getting all these cash grabs to go away...stop buying them! Everyone on here keeps saying how awful these things are, but you've all paid for them before. Stop paying for them and they'll go away. Imagine that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom